• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The purpose of life

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What is the purpose of life, according to you?

I see the purpose of life is to know and Love God. That knowledge is in knowing ones own self, as God is within, with Gods Laws.

All that is God is Good, it is Virtues. Thus if we know and Love God we will choose and live virtues over preference of a worldly selfish self.

Regards Tony

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I don't care, you mentioned it in the post I quoted. You're getting meta here for no reason.

Yes space space and more space, but down here is Sentience, awareness, consciousness, a whole world trying to commit suicide et al. Mustn't it make you at least wonder?

You are making claims, i am asking for verification

Oh sentience is truly wonderful, i couldn't live without it. My point was that on a universal scale that sentience is insignificant.

ChristineM

Premium Member
Which is exactly what I want evidence, proof, for. Seeing as you're stalling, you clearly have none. You're just giving us your beliefs.

Pale blue dot image
That insignificant blue dot holds over 7 billion humans who have had absolutely no effect on any of those other dots.

The deep field image is of a dark area of space the size of a dime held 90 feet away from the viewer,. Repeat that several billion times and ask yourself what significance any human has on any of those galaxies. Yes the points of light are galaxies,each containing 10s or 100s of billions of stars.

And that is not belief. That is observed, evidenced fact

FooYang

That is observed, evidenced fact

Stop what you're doing and reply to what I'm saying for once. Your conclusions about the nature of reality and human existence are very much belief of the dogmatic variety. You have not provided any evidence of these beliefs, instead giving irrelevant information about space. Nobody is arguing about space, we're arguing about your presumptions.

Did you get this now? or am I being too optimistic

ChristineM

Premium Member
Stop what you're doing and reply to what I'm saying for once. Your conclusions about the nature of reality and human existence are very much belief of the dogmatic variety. You have not provided any evidence of these beliefs, instead giving irrelevant information about space. Nobody is arguing about space, we're arguing about your presumptions.

Did you get this now? or am I being too optimistic

Bullpoop, if you deliberately misunderstand me that is not my problem and getting all incredulous about it wont help

ChristineM

Premium Member
So, you've been given approx 20 posts to defend yourself and you haven't even tried. Replying to you was a waste of time, I've got no time for you dogmatists.

Again boolpoop. I have provided evidence you refuse to accept it. Not my problem

ChristineM

Premium Member
So, you've been given approx 20 posts to defend yourself and you haven't even tried. Replying to you was a waste of time, I've got no time for you dogmatists.

What we appear to have here is the fingers in ears and the la,la,la chant shouting i cant hear you scenario. Good for you if you enjoy it but dont go blaming your ignorance of the evidence on me

FooYang

What we appear to have here is the fingers in ears and the la,la,la chant shouting i cant hear you scenario. Good for you if you enjoy it but dont go blaming your ignorance of the evidence on me

Provide some evidence to back up your beliefs, your claims, your dogmatic ideology - and then we will most certainly have a fruitful discussion. Unfortunately you keep telling me something I already know (being that space is out there). Projecting your own mentality onto me will not help your case, everyone here can see that you have not even attempted to back yourself up, other than mindlessly restating what was established before the original question was even put forward.

ChristineM

Premium Member
This is your claim:

The purpose of life

You refuse to give evidence. Your beliefs are not evidence, that is circular reasoning. Have you got anything of value to say here? else we're done.

I see you problem, jumped in many many posts late and think you have it all sussed. No that was not my claim. That was evidence to back up my claim. Go back to the beginning, educate yourself and try sgain tomorrow, i am going to bed

ChristineM

Premium Member
Provide some evidence to back up your beliefs, your claims, your dogmatic ideology - and then we will most certainly have a fruitful discussion. Unfortunately you keep telling me something I already know (being that space is out there). Projecting your own mentality onto me will not help your case, everyone here can see that you have not even attempted to back yourself up, other than saying what was established before the question was even put forward.
:shrug:

FooYang

I see you problem, jumped in many many posts late and think you have it all sussed. No that was not my claim. That was evidence to back up my claim. Go back to the beginning, educate yourself and try sgain tomorrow, i am going to bed

So again, you've literally got nothing to say here. I really shouldn't be surprised at all, this is consistent with your replies.