• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The President Trump wish list.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
My biggest wishes once Trump sits down in the Oval Office...

1) KILL OBAMACARE and that &#÷*#@ MANDATE!! Finally a majority Republican Goverment to get it done.

My wish is a well thought out bi partisan program that we all can be proud of that all Americans share and are a part of. Not just one group benefiting at the expense of another.

2) Tougher Enforcement enacted in immigration policies. That wall. . .
Its not for Refugees. Not for Mexicans. Not for anyone entering this country through proper screening.

It's for....

ILLEGALS, GET THE HELL OUT!!!

Come back once you apply properly. You will be warmly welcomed as fellow countrymen.

My wish is for Trump to grant a one time opportunity for those illegally in the country that are already established, productive and has grown roots here, and herafter enforce immigration by creating that "wall" along U.S. borders that will put a notable crink in the flow of people who's first course of action is wantonly breaking the law.

3) Stop the nanny state machine

4) Allow religious freedom in schools and other public places for individuals on their personal time.

4) Give SJW's more unpolitically ribbing during break hours.

5) Stop the lazy and insane blanket policies that are killing our nation's sense of decency and common sense like the practice of handcuffing little childern.

6) Renegotiate NAFTA or kill it. Revitalize industry.

7) Loosen or remove any and all regulatory policies that infringe on productivity and personal rights and privileges.

What's yours?

Brickjectivity

Brickish Brat
Staff member
Premium Member
They should clarify exactly what is going to happen with our NATO allies. Currently NATO allies are not sure what is going to happen. They should consider which trade agreements they intend to change and quickly clarify that.
For example Canada is one of our allies and would probably like to know what is going to change.

They should get rid of the horrible gerrymandered lines of our voting districts. The party that does this will be a hero.

They should come up with a practical plan to create jobs other than just vaguely returning manufacturing to America. Manufacturing jobs are gone and are never coming back not matter what we do with trade, because robots have replaced most of the need for workers. They need to come to grips with the new nature of industry. Manufacturing jobs are mostly programming jobs.

They need to get rid of centralized privatized education. Sure its nice to try and get everyone educated, but centralized education is dangerous and...its politically dangerous. Let school districts, states, cities and other localities determine education requirements.

They need to stop opposing labor unions. Unions are necessary.

Acim

Revelation all the time
What's yours?

For me, it would be 5 items from your list in a different order, plus 5 other items:

1) Loosen or remove any and all regulatory policies that infringe on productivity and personal rights and privileges.

If this was done in first 100 days, it would send signals that I think would not be mistaken by die-hard Pubs and Dems. It would be clear there's a new sheriff in town. And at very least, it would give our country a couple years to live under that type of rule. I definitely see LW media exploiting loosened policies and claiming safety violations galore, but given how much the media bias has been exposed, it would likely be ignored as overhyped nonsense.

Its not for Refugees. Not for Mexicans. Not for anyone entering this country through proper screening.

It's for....

There's not going to be a pretty way for this to go down, not with LW in there constantly claiming xenophobia and racism while tackling the issue from RW perspective. LW will downplay the "illegal" part pretty much the entire time, and Pubs will be honed in on that aspect, while those on fringe of RW will broaden scope to make it appear like Pubs are (all) xenophobic, if not racist.

Still, this was clearly the issue that launched Trump into the race, and some of us really don't want to wait another 4 to 40 years to tackle this ongoing problem.

For me, this is a repeat of first item, but goes a bit further. One is loosen, this one is stop it. I don't think in 4 years (or even 8), you'll manage to stop it. But it is worthy of trying.

4) KILL OBAMACARE and that &#÷*#@ MANDATE!! Finally a majority Republican Goverment to get it done.

My wish is a well thought out bi partisan program that we all can be proud of that all Americans share and are a part of. Not just one group benefiting at the expense of another.

Because I see 1 and 3 already doing what this is saying, I put this lower on the list. Also because of how much disagreement there is on this issue with existence of insurance companies, and how that works in free market, I'm not sure what is meant exactly by "replace." This is actually an issue (healthcare) that I put near the top, but because of the other items above this, I think if they were done first (or at least started first), then this one would just be part of that or continuation of that.

But yeah, the Mandate has gotta go. Yet, I'm pretty sure insurance companies can't survive without such a mandate, and so need a bit more debate on how 'replace' actually looks, otherwise I see Pubs setting things up to fail (kinda like what Dems did with Obamacare).

5) Allow religious freedom in schools and other public places for individuals on their personal time.

This is item that I see as highly debatable, and certainly plays into rhetoric of 1 and 3 on my list. Still, this is "wish list" and for me, this has to be top 5. Here on RF, we are essentially debating nuances of this all the time (in much of the forum) so not a whole lot I'd add here, other than divorcing spirituality from the public and pretending that can be done is IMO farcical.

6) National Security items

As I see it, items #1, #2, and #4 on my list (all borrowed from Nowhere Man's list) do relate to the economy. Generally for Pubs, National Security is very high priority. For me, not so much, but we are in time of war and so to take it out of top 10 would be ignoring things. My wish for this is we pull out of being global police, and maintain alliances. Yet, there's so so so much conflicting opinions here within our borders and outside of it, I don't know what's practical. My wish though is we moved closer to isolationism. I see Trump as in that vein, a bit, but isn't ideal candidate (like Rand Paul may have been).

Yet, flip side is I would have us be very clear on own national security within our borders.

7) Education - make school choice the law of the land

8) Heal the Rift

So, this was something that a week ago, I said needs to be top priority for whoever wins. I still think this, but honestly didn't realize this one while coming up with the list until I got to #8, and also think Trump (along with Hillary and Obama) have already started on this. I really do think items 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7 can't be squarely addressed until Trump moves in direction of healing the rift. But also know if Trump does his part and Dems don't reciprocate, then kinda doesn't matter what Trump does. So, he makes his position known, and he sits down with some on the other side for a heart to heart and demonstrates willingness to work together. Beyond that, if progressive types are going to do everything in their power to make sure he is out in 4 years (or less) and play the same games of disparaging Pub leader as they did with Bush and so far are doing post election, then part of me is like screw them. Go for 1 thru 7 and hope for the best in terms of everyone enjoying safety, freedom and prosperity that comes with those.

9) Taxes - cut 'em / lower em. Really that simple. If able to go for flat tax or something that greatly eases burdens around filing tax returns, even better.

10) Infrastructure - If Trump can be that guy that has national campaign to really build up our nation's infrastructure, bringing as many places in the nation up to 21st technology and/or renovating that which is run down, then I and I believe many Americans will rejoice. This is going to cost a lot of money and yet will create a whole lot of jobs in the process. Will certainly be impacted by almost everything else on my list, but still if Trump can be that guy, I think it will bode well for him going forward, and be Legacy type stuff.

GoodbyeDave

They should get rid of the horrible gerrymandered lines of our voting districts. The party that does this will be a hero.
They're hardly likely to abolish something that keeps them in power! The only route to that reform will come from popular initiatives, as in California and Arizona — and most states don't provide for initiatives.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
My biggest wishes once Trump sits down in the Oval Office...

1) KILL OBAMACARE and that &#÷*#@ MANDATE!! Finally a majority Republican Goverment to get it done.

It's for....

Come back once you apply properly. You will be warmly welcomed as fellow countrymen.

My wish is for Trump to grant a one time opportunity for those illegally in the country that are already established, productive and has grown roots here, and herafter enforce immigration by creating that "wall" along U.S. borders that will put a notable crink in the flow of people who's first course of action is wantonly breaking the law.

4) Allow religious freedom in schools and other public places for individuals on their personal time.

4) Give SJW's more unpolitically ribbing during break hours.

5) Stop the lazy and insane blanket policies that are killing our nation's sense of decency and common sense like the practice of handcuffing little childern.

6) Renegotiate NAFTA or kill it. Revitalize industry.

7) Loosen or remove any and all regulatory policies that infringe on productivity and personal rights and privileges.

What's yours?

If you check out the contract with America on the Trump site, it does cover much of that. Gutting the EPA would top my list of priorities.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Trump's wish list.

a%20hear%20and%20brain_zpsp9rrrifs.png

Brickjectivity

Brickish Brat
Staff member
Premium Member
They're hardly likely to abolish something that keeps them in power! The only route to that reform will come from popular initiatives, as in California and Arizona — and most states don't provide for initiatives.
I think it would be worthwhile to risk holding a national convention over it.