• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The Peculiar Persimmon"

Aquitaine

Personally, I don't think this is an issue involving all Muslims, obviously it's just a small group. Still, their "outrage" is totally childish and silly. Lego should've told them to GTFO. ;)

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Try to be a Muslim for a month and you will notice the same thing the mainstream media of the west is just crap there are some Interdependent ones that are ok,
Could you name a couple that are ok?

but racism and religion intolerance is just the normal in western countries.
A friend of my first wife travelled to Iran in the late 70's. They arrested him and publicly executed him soon after for being a bahai. Was this incident a one-off, or does Iran practice religious intolerance all the time?

I have lived for over 15 years in the West and you are simply brought up with racism even when you are unaware of it.
15 years? So you like living in Europe? Holland a nice place to live? Or have you been counting the hours and days until you can leave?

Aquitaine

Religious intolerance in the West? Isn't it true that if you live in Saudi Arabia as a non-Muslim, you have to pay an extra tax?

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Religious intolerance in the West? Isn't it true that if you live in Saudi Arabia as a non-Muslim, you have to pay an extra tax?

Don't know. But I do know that if you live in some Muslim countries as a non-Muslim it is very very dangerous. They're rather intolerant.

Aquitaine

Don't know. But I do know that if you live in some Muslim countries as a non-Muslim it is very very dangerous. They're rather intolerant.

It's funny how "the West" is the racist, intolerant, sexist hellhole - yet even basic analysis of Human traffic suggests many Muslims are leaving their Islamic countries in favour of living in the "Western" ones. That trend seems to be a one-way street.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Hogia Sophia was a church that converted to a mosque during the great islamic empire and the lego is not even resembling the actual view of Hogia Sophia mosque,but i can't understand the title Muslims claim Lego is "racist" while the report in the Telegraph is titled "Lego accused of racism with Star Wars set"

Lego accused of racism with Star Wars set

Lego has been accused of racism by the Turkish community over a Star Wars model that supposedly resembles one of Istanbul’s most revered mosques.

The actual view of the mosque is far different from the Lego

Hagia-Sophia.jpg

jazzymom

Just Jewish
Try to be a Muslim for a month and you will notice the same thing the mainstream media of the west is just crap there are some Interdependent ones that are ok, but racism and religion intolerance is just the normal in western countries. I have lived for over 15 years in the West and you are simply brought up with racism even when you are unaware of it.

I suspect all people have biases and you certainly are no exception.

Having grown up in the west when I go out I see people of all religions living in a diverse society.

Are we perfect? No, but when I see the America that existed when I was growing up it is a vast improvement when comparing the racism that existed then and now.

It does make me wonder though how you seem to color the entire west with your brush of bigotry.

Assad91

Shi'ah Ali
I suspect all people have biases and you certainly are no exception.

Having grown up in the west when I go out I see people of all religions living in a diverse society.

Are we perfect? No, but when I see the America that existed when I was growing up it is a vast improvement when comparing the racism that existed then and now.

It does make me wonder though how you seem to color the entire west with your brush of bigotry.
Great diversity. Yet many Americans still get sikhs confused with muslims and police (ny) have a fancy of spying on people of middle eastern origin.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
I'm not saying that the complaint is legitimate. I'm questioning whether this is really a Muslim issue or a Turkish issue.

It's neither, AFAICT. The Hagia Sophia was designed and built by Christian Byzantines more than 1000 years before the Turks conquered Constantinople.

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
It's neither, AFAICT. The Hagia Sophia was designed and built by Christian Byzantines more than 1000 years before the Turks conquered Constantinople.

This is why I pointed to one post as raising a good point. Saying that Muslims are claiming Lego is racist is not accurate.

Flankerl

So the news is basically: Turks complain about racist Lego concerning a church they stole from the greeks.

Well why not.

dust1n

Zindīq
Neither. It's a moron issue.

I wonder if there is a physical, global equivalent to 'don't feed the troll.'

Some Turkish Austrian group of unknown sized called the "Turkish Cultural Community of Austria" is a moron. And for some reason the whole world gets trolled in an instant.