• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Passion of Christ vs Passion for the Truth

Was the Book impartial to the movie?

• The book was fair to Gibson

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • The book was true to Scriptures

• The book was fair to Gibson and the Gospels

• Total voters

Ashley Wilde

Has anyone read the book the Passion for the Truth that relates to Gibson's movie? I had picked this book up at our local fair and it was very interesting. Our church has decided to use the book for small group studies.

The book did an excellent job of showing what was scriptural, what was not and what prophecies of Christ's life were omitted from the movie. There was so many little details that I had missed while watching the movie. After reading this book, it has helped my spiritual walk tremendously and has shown me the need to read the passages from the bible that pertain to the movie so that I could be prepared to discuss the movie with non-believers.

If you thought the movie was scripturally accurate and close to the bible version, you must read this book. It will enlighten you in many ways! I must comment that I thought the book was very fair-it gave praise to Gibson when appropriate and yet let the reader know when the movie was not on track with scripture.

I would like to know what other people thought that read the book, how they perceived the book, and how it may have helped or will help a small study group of your church!

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I have no desire to see that movie, so I really doubt that I will be reading the book.

btw, welcome to the forum. :)

Yerda

Veteran Member
You know if you take the religion out of that film, you're left with quite a provoking and emotional movie. If it was just another story the critics would have called it classy and interesting.

I completely agree, truthseekingsoul. I don't know why there is such prejudice against that movie....I thought it was a powerful and moving film.

standing_on_one_foot

Hmm...well, it is powerful and moving for many, I'm sure, but it does have some...ah, controversial issues as well, you must admit. Especially the whole "who's responsible for Jesus' death, anyway?" business.

The Passion doesn't blame modern day Jews for Jesus' death any more than Roots blames modern day whites for the enslavement of blacks.

standing_on_one_foot

No, I don't think it does. However, there is one unfortunate tradition (happily, it doesn't seem to be a view held by most Christians) that says that modern Jews are to blame, which comes from the whole "his blood be upon us and our children" line, and which has led to a lot of trouble in the past. I'm just saying that the movie is pretty controversial in parts, seeing as this particular story and that particular line have, in fact, a history of leading to anti-Semitism.