• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the Pagans tea-room

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Draka said:
:hug: Aww Mike. That's awful. I'm sorry about how your family is treating you.

it's ok.... i think...

i've convinced them that i still hold a "decent" sense of morality :D

i think all we need to do is do some "family" stuff, like go bowling or something - i don't mean "cover over" the fact that we have a big disagreement, but at least realise that we don't need to split over it :sad:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Maybe it would be good to get their minds off of it for a while. The subject can always be broached later with cooler heads. Other than that I have no idea what to tell you. I have no advice for this type of thing from personal experience as my family doesn't give a hoot what I am really. It's not a big thing in my family. Some even think it's interesting. My mom was just here looking through my altar and wanted to do some divination with me. Maybe once your family sees what you believe for what it really is they won't be upset about it and might even start to be interested and open about it.

And one more thing, to show how slow I am, I just paid attention to your title really. I had seen it before but not thought any about it. In comparison to mine I feel like we're related now or something :p ...so you have SOMEONE in your family who doesn't think ill of your beliefs. ;)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Draka said:
And one more thing, to show how slow I am, I just paid attention to your title really. I had seen it before but not thought any about it. In comparison to mine I feel like we're related now or something :p ...so you have SOMEONE in your family who doesn't think ill of your beliefs. ;)

im such a dope, i totally missed your title as well! dragons are my favourite mythological creature, and i'm thinking of including a dragon prince in the novel i'm writting :D

now come Draka, we must start the singing! :disco:

Draka

Wonder Woman
Mike182 said:
im such a dope, i totally missed your title as well! dragons are my favourite mythological creature, and i'm thinking of including a dragon prince in the novel i'm writting

now come Draka, we must start the singing! :disco:

I have been the "Dragon Lady" for years now. Was even called so while I was in the military about a decade ago. Now I feel like I have a grown son! :D

Okay...but you asked for it.... :cool: *breaks out in a rendition of "A Kind of Magic" by Queen*:biglaugh:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
Draka said:
I have been the "Dragon Lady" for years now. Was even called so while I was in the military about a decade ago. Now I feel like I have a grown son! :D
no fair, you taunt me with the prospect of a perfect mother :(

i love my parents, but you will make one absolutley amazing mummy! :hugs:
Okay...but you asked for it.... :cool: *breaks out in a rendition of "A Kind of Magic" by Queen*:biglaugh:
well, you do have to "play the game" *cheesey grin*

Draka

Wonder Woman
Mike182 said:
no fair, you taunt me with the prospect of a perfect mother :(

i love my parents, but you will make one absolutley amazing mummy! :hugs:

well, you do have to "play the game" *cheesey grin*

:eek: :hug:

I don't like the end rules of the "game" that there only be "one" when there are so many wonderful people in this room. Can't we just rock to the great music of Queen for the time being? :jam:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
so, where is Turk? i would have thought he would jump at a chance trying to get a bunch of pagans organised :p

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Draka, I meant to ask! Did you find a picture of that dress on a website? I'm so in love with it!

Actually, that's a good question to raise! If you had your ideal choice of garb for your 'magickal work', what would you wear? Feel free to describe it if you can't find a picture!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
FeathersinHair said:
Actually, that's a good question to raise! If you had your ideal choice of garb for your 'magickal work', what would you wear? Feel free to describe it if you can't find a picture!
i dunno, but i always wear my pentegram ring and a Dragon pendant :D

i would be content to just have a nice silky black or white robe, with a white or black cord round it (opposite to the colour of robe, keep it kinda balanced!)

turk179

I smell something....
Mike182 said:
so, where is Turk? i would have thought he would jump at a chance trying to get a bunch of pagans organised :p
Organizing pagans, drinking tea and singing "You Can Do Magic" by America:eek:! I can't believe I have been missing all the fun! I need to find my "kiss me I'm pagan" shirt:D.
Circle_One said:
And we mustn't forget our feline friends. Anyone mind if Isis, my familiar (and best friend), snuggles up on her pillow in the corner over there?
Only if my kitty Bast can snuggle up beside her.

turk179

I smell something....
FeathersinHair said:
I have a dark blue robe that I prefer to wear that I actually made myself. It is not the prettiest thing to look at but it is comfortable and has a hood:D. I like the hood.

turk179

I smell something....
Mike182 said:
not good actually..... i just had a big argument with my parents and aunts and uncles and granparents........ they think i worship devils and should give up my pagan ways :sad4:

but it's alright, they're telling me i will burn in Hell because they love me :sad4:

i could really do with a hug.....

i know they would never kick me out, or force me to do anything, but they don't understand that i still love Jesus Christ :banghead3
I missed lots of stuff in here. Mike's in the middle:group: !

turk179

I smell something....
Mike182 said:
would you not be better to go and find Draka........ :run:
I have a pretty good idea of where she is:D. She is not feeling well and is laying down which was a good time for me to sneak a few in on her. (Kisses that is)

Mike182

Flaming Queer
turk179 said:
I have a pretty good idea of where she is:D. She is not feeling well and is laying down which was a good time for me to sneak a few in on her. (Kisses that is)

maybe she would like a cup of herbal tea? or maybe a leafy tea? or maybe even a hot tea?

turk179

I smell something....
Mike182 said:
maybe she would like a cup of herbal tea? or maybe a leafy tea? or maybe even a hot tea?
Draka is not a big tea drinker but I wouldn't mind a nice nilgiri:yes: .

turk179

I smell something....
Mike182 said:
i don't have any other than honey and lemon :sorry1:
I don't care what kind it is or if it is hot or cold. I will drink tea any way I can get it. I would swim in it if I could:snorkle:.

Mike182

Flaming Queer
turk179 said:
I don't care what kind it is or if it is hot or cold. I will drink tea any way I can get it. I would swim in it if I could:snorkle:.
swimming in tea? icky...... :shrug:

though, as much as honey and lemon does wonders with a cold, i love Twinnings flavoured Tea! especially their strawberry, ginseng and vanilla :drool:

Mike182

Flaming Queer
*carries in big silver plate of Hot Cross Buns.... yes, the sticky type* butter and cream, anyone?

so, a question, does any of our pagan community make/grow any of their own food? we have a small section in our garden for herbs, and we buy locally grown fruit and veg, so we eat food that is near enough home grown :)