• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the opposite of a banishing?

jasonwill2

Ok, hear me out on this. If I want to do the OPPOSITE of a banishing and invite in a bunch of spirits, how would I do it? I accidentally did a banishing a while ago that was TOO strong, and I need to be able to invite back in the energies/spirits/whatever. Everything feels dead in my house, and to be honest, I just want to see what happens.

What would I need to do? Also it would help because if I do this... certain spirits I used to let visit me could come back again. It's really frustrating because the banishing I did a good while ago was supposed to only be temporary. I want to reverse it. So just in general of theistic left hand religions, how would i go best about this?

edit: please don't think I'm nuts; the kind of spirit I am talking about didn't directly communicate with me. It more, er, well that's not important. I just want to know if there is something that can reverse a banishing in any general LHP religion.

edit2: er, about to go. guess ill hear if i get any answers when i am able to get online next week.

Last edited:

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Banishings in my view are pointless in Black Magic. When I invoke the Powers of Darkness I personally never do a banishing, I like to leave the gates open so that the magical link can continue to remanifest in my life. Perhaps you should do the working over again and this time do not banish the powers you've invoked.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Orias

Left Hand Path
I agree with Adramalek.

This gate has been open since as long as I could remember and from what I have learned over the years that feeling you spoke of as the house being "dead" is a perfect gateway to commune and invoke your own creations.

Xeper!

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
just invoke/evoke the spirits you want invite them back its very simple.

Orias

Left Hand Path
just invoke/evoke the spirits you want invite them back its very simple.

It can be simple, but it is much easier to invoke something that is not wanted.

It is more difficult to attain the more desireable, because it takes more practice and discipline.

Iti oj

Premium Member
It can be simple, but it is much easier to invoke something that is not wanted.

It is more difficult to attain the more desireable, because it takes more practice and discipline.
just speak clearly. Check your wards and shields etc. Becarfull what you wish for. but its simple. if needed use a circle to contain anything your invite till you can determine its alignment. Its a lot harder to do a banishing. your more likely to **** something of with banishing then it is to invite something dangerous with a well worded invocation.

Iti oj

Premium Member
just don't speak genericaly and use trusted tools and foci.

Iti oj

Premium Member
what i wana know is how does some one learn how to banish with out learning how to invoke ???

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
My views on a banishing: Why slam the door shut on a guest you just invited? Not sure in your situation though. Even when I did practice I never saw the point in summoning or creating just to send it away or destroy it. I would guess maybe call out to the spirit. Or as Orias put it create an atmosphere of your own doing.

Iti oj

Premium Member
who/what do you want to invite? for what purpose? for how long? granted re entry when they want? call them in just for ritual?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
The Black Magician sees no need in banishing rites as he is in league with the powers he is invoking. Neither is there any need to stand in some protective circle during ritual workings as the Black Magician is as one with the Powers of Darkness and does not fear Them.

Invoke often.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
Doe
The Black Magician sees no need in banishing rites as he is in league with the powers he is invoking. Neither is there any need to stand in some protective circle during ritual workings as the Black Magician is as one with the Powers of Darkness and does not fear Them.

Invoke often.
/Adramelek\
:drool:
Doesn't mean you can trust them

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Doesn't mean you can trust them

The one thing in this world I know I can trust are the Powers of Darkness. Sure there have been times when They've pizzed me off, but They've never been unjust.

/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
The one thing in this world I know I can trust is the Powers of Darkness. Sure there have been times when they've pizzed me off, but they've never been unjust.

/Adramelek\

I have no qualms about working with the dark powers though I prefer not too. One thing I learned is that they have can have altera motives

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I have no qualms about working with the dark powers though I prefer not too. One thing I learned is that they have can have altera motives

You and I have differing views of what the Powers of Darkness actually are. The Powers of Darkness= Magic, Xeper, Initiation, creative/destructive will/force of mind, free will, psyche-centric/Self-Awareness, abstract thought/higher intellect, singular identity, immortality of being, etc., and so forth.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Last edited:

Iti oj

Premium Member
You and I have differing views of what the Powers of Darkness actually are. The Powers of Darkness= Magic, Xeper, Initiation, creative/destructive will/force of mind, free will, psyche-centric/Self-Awareness, abstract thought/higher intellect, singular identity, immortality of being, etc., and so forth.

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

In my path Those aren't light or dark just things. But the op is about spirits/beingings. Not concepts and ideas.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Ok, hear me out on this. If I want to do the OPPOSITE of a banishing and invite in a bunch of spirits, how would I do it? I accidentally did a banishing a while ago that was TOO strong, and I need to be able to invite back in the energies/spirits/whatever. Everything feels dead in my house, and to be honest, I just want to see what happens.

What would I need to do? Also it would help because if I do this... certain spirits I used to let visit me could come back again. It's really frustrating because the banishing I did a good while ago was supposed to only be temporary. I want to reverse it. So just in general of theistic left hand religions, how would i go best about this?

edit: please don't think I'm nuts; the kind of spirit I am talking about didn't directly communicate with me. It more, er, well that's not important. I just want to know if there is something that can reverse a banishing in any general LHP religion.

edit2: er, about to go. guess ill hear if i get any answers when i am able to get online next week.

Just allow them to return. Your own mind and thoughts are what is keeping them away (the fact that you believe them to be gone). Such energies are natural but connection with them is based through our own minds, internally, as all in the LHP. I do not think you are nuts. They are not necessarily spirits such as common belief makes them seem, but there are things.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member

Xeper.
/Adramelek\

Yeah, I also feel the OP is talking about actual beings here.