• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Ongoing Development Of World Perception

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
OP Subject: The Ongoing Development Of World Perception

Science critic Mel Acheson explains from the historical point of view why it's time for the next conceptual revolution.

Video abstract:
“Knowledge tends to progress incrementally for long periods as popular theories are developed and adjusted to fit discrepant evidence. Eventually, entirely fresh foundational ideas become necessary.
To explain new evidence, the gravity-and-gas theories are patched with hypothetical, unobservable, and untestable phantoms: collapsed matter, dark matter, dark energy.
These phantoms “must be there” to save them from falsification and change deep-seated habits of thinking.
Gravity and gas don't allow for electricity in space—plasma requires it—a fundamental distinction between the Standard Model and EU Model".

Me:
It´s time for the standing "Dark Cosmology" to be enlightened again.

Once upon a time humans had a similar cultural perception of the Creation and Governing of everything by LIGHT - In modern times, this LIGHT = Electromagnetic Frequency, can be scientifically determined, observed and measured all over in micro- and macrocosm.

Regards
Native
Comparative Mythologist & Natural Philosopher

cladking

Metaphysics has been butchered and served with an apple in its mouth.

He touched on the problem with the establishment of any new paradigm; practitioners can't look at the the evidence in terms of new thinking because the old thinking still prevails in their minds. You can't consider there are no ghosts so long as you see ghosts looking at the evidence. This is why "evidence" means nothing in metaphysics; we each see our beliefs rather than what exists.

No number of patches will save a flawed paradigm. Rather than inventing new things to look for perhaps we should be looking at constants and rearranging all the evidence such that it fits a brand new pattern.

Native

Metaphysics has been butchered and served with an apple in its mouth.
Are you referring to the good old Newton here? :)
No number of patches will save a flawed paradigm.
Exactly so. Nobody can explain scientifically by what dynamic means gravity should work and STIIL it is thought to govern the entire observable Universe and attached to lots of other "dark this and that things" which also cannot be explained scientifically.
Rather than inventing new things to look for perhaps we should be looking at constants and rearranging all the evidence such that it fits a brand new pattern.
Agreed in the underlined sentence. It was/is already a cultural consensus knowledge for several thousand years ago that LIGHT was/is the Powers of Creation - and this fits nicely with the modern concept of Electromagnetic Frequencies =.The Electromagnetic Universe.

Here we have the oldest and constant human concept of creation by LIGHT which fits logically to a new cosmological E&M pattern.

cladking

Are you referring to the good old Newton here? :)

You noticed.

People don't seem to understand that Newton was merely describing the effects of gravity and the means to observe them. Little has really changed since Newton and most of the paradigms are still just about the same. The patches, excuses, fudge factors, and constants proliferate.

No doubt cosmology is actually progressing but it appears to be progressing to a massive paradigm shift.

Agreed in the underlined sentence. It was/is already a cultural consensus knowledge for several thousand years ago that LIGHT was/is the Powers of Creation - and this fits nicely with the modern concept of Electromagnetic Frequencies =.The Electromagnetic Universe.

Here we have the oldest and constant human concept of creation by LIGHT which fits logically to a new cosmological E&M pattern.

Someday I'll have to tell you how I believe this is best exemplified in the ancient writing. I don't want to distract from this thread though.

I'm not qualified to have an opinion but I believe there is a relationship between time, light, and gravity where something in the nature (cause) of gravity relates to energy. We're probably centuries from understanding the origin of matter even if this is true.

It has always been remarkable how sure of things we are and we're more sure of nothing than that ancient people were sun addled and that myth has no relationship to anything but fiction.

Native

Someday I'll have to tell you how I believe this is best exemplified in the ancient writing. I don't want to distract from this thread though.
I´m looking forward to this and maybe you can post your ideas personally to me if you like.
I'm not qualified to have an opinion but I believe there is a relationship between time, light, and gravity where something in the nature (cause) of gravity relates to energy. We're probably centuries from understanding the origin of matter even if this is true.
IMHO we have been right in time millennia's ago when humans lived closer to nature and used their intuitive skills to sense everything as vibrating beings in a vibrating cosmos. To me, it´s not a question of "time" but always of being in contact with nature everywhere.
It has always been remarkable how sure of things we are and we're more sure of nothing than that ancient people were sun addled and that myth has no relationship to anything but fiction.
I´m not quite sure how to understand this sentence, ( I´m Danish :) ) but in my termination a "myth" isn´t just a myth.