• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The number one ego issue

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow earth creatures.

I trust that you are enjoying your time here at the forum ...

Here's a site all about awakening -

Our unconscious egos can seem to offer us an endless array of issues to sort through. It can seem like you've no sooner tackled one than another issue pops up, leaving you in an endless game of ego whack-a-mole. But the deeper you go, the simpler things become. And the further you journey inwards, the more you find that it really is the same main issue that is being dealt with again and again in a hundred masks.

The Number One Ego Issue

Wishing you all the best!

:)

MNoBody

yup, castaneda noted in his books of don juan, that Fear, is the first enemy to one who starts out on the journey.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
The OP link was about wanting safety. I'd word it differently, but think that's a reasonable way to look at the problem.

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Greetings fellow earth creatures.

I trust that you are enjoying your time here at the forum ...

Here's a site all about awakening -

Our unconscious egos can seem to offer us an endless array of issues to sort through. It can seem like you've no sooner tackled one than another issue pops up, leaving you in an endless game of ego whack-a-mole. But the deeper you go, the simpler things become. And the further you journey inwards, the more you find that it really is the same main issue that is being dealt with again and again in a hundred masks.

The Number One Ego Issue

Wishing you all the best!

:)
I can't say that citing the animal survival instinct as the No 1 Ego Issue is very surprising.

The evolutionary imperative is to survive long enough to breed, so the article's statement about ego fails to address the other half of the matter.

Of course, we don't consider plants or microbes to have self-awareness hence egos, but they're bound up in that same imperative whether they know it or not.

It's the only reason we're all here.