• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The no ******* guide to meditation!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow seekers!

I hope you are enjoying the time you are spending here at the forum.

I was over at YouTube and found a good video about the pitfalls and difficulties you may encounter while trying to "meditate".

Don't be put off by the title of this thread - there is almost no objectionable language in the actual video!

Apparently it is from a site called realization.org which I have yet to explore.

Anyway, watch it an make up your own mind if it is for you

Enjoy the rest of your browsing!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Is there a 'bull****' way to meditate?

Welllll ... there are a lot of misconceptions surrounding meditation. I think he called the article by that name to attract a few curious minds - worked on me!

He addresses all the things many people say about meditation when it doesn't go according to what they expect. This is clumsy English at 1 am in Oz - just woke up so brain not fully in gear.

Anyways, he outlines his own meditation practice and says anyone CAN meditate - it's not just for gurus & sages and monks!

Enjoy the rest of your browsing!

:)