• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New Republican Party (NRP) is a consequence of history

dfnj

I recently responded to a post on another forum as to why are the American people so agitated. Here is my response.

The New Republican Party (NRP) is a consequence of history. Trump is not special. The way you become a leader is you find a parade and step in front of it. You can’t have Hitler rise to power unless you have the mentality of the 1930s German people. The USA used to be a manufacturing superpower. Like the way the Treaty of Versailles angered the 1930s German people, US manufacturing moving to China has made the people of the United States extremely angry over losing so many good paying jobs. In a recent poll, “a record 58% who say that America’s best years are behind it.”

The Chinese have pegged the Yuan to the dollar at a rate of 6 to 1. Most other currencies float against the dollar. So if a trade imbalance occurs, it naturally corrects itself. But not with the Yuan and not with China. The US could pay off its national debt and the Yuan would still be pegged 6 to 1 against the dollar. The problem with China pegging the Yuan to the dollar is the dollar is a unit labor cost. A CEO gets 6 Chinese workers for every 1 American worker because of the Yuan being pegged. This is why NOTHING is manufactured in America anymore. At some point, the USA will stop being a military superpower because there's no tax base to support military spending.

If the US government did something about unfair Chinese currency manipulations all the US factories and good paying jobs would return. But this is not going to happen because the Chinese are paying hefty sums of money to politicians through lobbyists. Lobbyists entice or force politicians to pass laws, or NOT pass laws, preserving the Yuan's most favored status in exchange for political campaign financing.

People making the median wage are sick of having no representation in DC. Foreign governments and interests pay lobbyists to force politicians to send trillions of dollars in foreign aid at the expense of the American tax payer. Lobbyists get representation. The worker making the median wage has NO representation. Money talks, everything else is BS, delusion, or propaganda.

The problems with our country are not rocket science. Lobbyists entice or force our politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. There simply are no fair, free, and open markets left to wring out the inefficiencies of exorbitant CEO pay and excessive dividend payouts. Again, the worker making the median wage is gouged into poverty because there's no competition. The evidence markets have all been rigged is clear:

"Nowhere in any section of the US political establishment is there a single mention of stopping the rampant price-gouging by corporations." "In 2021, profits surged 35 percent compared to the previous year, in the highest increase in corporate profitability since 1950."

And Big Oil enjoys another quarter of record profits as they gouge the consumer into poverty and recession. Every summer it's the same stupid excuses. No matter what they say it's ALL just an excuse to gouge the consumer. It's all engineered scarcity from made up delusions. Isn't funny how the refineries are always working good enough and there's always just enough supply to deliver record profits! But the same refineries are never working good enough to keep prices down!

The US democracy simply cannot continue with this much lack of representation for the worker making the median wage. The US will plunge into a right wing military style authoritarian dictatorship without question. And if the American people think taxes are bad under a Democracy with having Democrats around just wait until they see how bad taxes will be when the country is back under monarchy!

Boy, how far we've come from when this song was the zeitgeist of the American people. Something is coming to us all and it ain't LOVE!

Crosby Stills Nash - Carry On

One morning I woke up and I knew
You were really gone
A new day, a new way, and new eyes
To see the dawn
Go your way, I'll go mine and
Carry on
The sky is clearing and the night
Has cried enough
The sun, he come, the world
To soften up
Rejoice, rejoice, we have no choice but
To carry on
The fortunes of fables are able
To sing the song
Now witness (oh) the quickness with which
We get along
To sing the blues you've got to live the dues
And carry on
Carry on
Love is coming
Love is coming to us all
Where are you going now my love?
Where will you be tomorrow?
Will you bring me happiness?
Will you bring me sorrow?
Oh, the questions of a thousand dreams
What you do and what you see
Lover, can you talk to me?
Girl, when I was on my own
Chasing you down
What was it made you run?
Trying your best just to get around
The questions of a thousand dreams
What you do and what you see
Lover, can you talk to me?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
In other words: Oligarchs and the 1% are poisoning everything.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Americans don't believe in warfare for the glory of our nation's monarch. We may have lost a lot of manufacturing; but that isn't going to turn us into a war for glory nation from early 20th Century Europe. None of us believe war is glorious or that God sides with the winners. Those of us who believe anything believe that "The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but are mighty to God for the pulling down of strongholds." (2 Corinthians 10:4).

So how are we going to suddenly have a totalitarian regime? Where would supporters for such a regime be found? Nobody believes in that trash except some fringe college students. Everyone wants the country to continue to function, for the three branches to continue to function.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Americans don't believe in warfare for the glory of our nation's monarch. We may have lost a lot of manufacturing; but that isn't going to turn us into a war for glory nation from early 20th Century Europe. None of us believe war is glorious or that God sides with the winners. Those of us who believe anything believe that "The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but are mighty to God for the pulling down of strongholds." (2 Corinthians 10:4).
America has been an expansionist and militarily aggressive country almost since its inception. Since WWII we've been involved in nearly perpetual war, not to protect our borders or defend our freedom, but to support the military-industrial-congressional complex Eisenhower warned about in his farewell address. Not only the war industries, but all American economic interests.

There is no extrinsic existential threat to America. The American military fights for corporations, to secure and defend their economic interests, and to suppress foreign competition. American military adventurism generates the very 'enemies' it purports to protect us from.

So how are we going to suddenly have a totalitarian regime? Where would supporters for such a regime be found? Nobody believes in that trash except some fringe college students. Everyone wants the country to continue to function, for the three branches to continue to function.
It can happen here, just as it's happened in the past, in other advanced, industrialized nations.
Don't forget history. The signs are there. History repeats itself. Americans are sacrificing freedom for a false security. We're becoming a police-surveillance state.
While Most Americans Prefer Democracy, More Than One in Four Express Sympathy for Authoritarianism - Democracy Fund

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
America has been an expansionist and militarily aggressive country almost since its inception.
That seems to go around the point being discussed. I've never denied expansion or aggression, just totalitarianism which is what the OP is worried about happening because of a change in our industry.

Since WWII we've been involved in nearly perpetual war, not to protect our borders or defend our freedom, but to support the military-industrial-congressional complex Eisenhower warned about in his farewell address. Not only the war industries, but all American economic interests.

There is no extrinsic existential threat to America. The American military fights for corporations, to secure and defend their economic interests, and to suppress foreign competition. American military adventurism generates the very 'enemies' it purports to protect us from.
Indeed our problem is more like early Rome's which gradually expanded as a republic through so called defensive moves. It was not until much later in its history that it succumbed to complete tyranny. The OP suggests that just because our industries have shifted that we're doomed to instantly go totalitarian, and that is bogus reasoning. There is no such doom indicated because people get disappointed, can't get jobs etc. The country has already been through hard times on multiple occasions and has not gone totalitarian.

It can happen here,
The OP says it is doomed to happen here, but that is not so.
just as it's happened in the past, in other advanced, industrialized nations.
Don't forget history. The signs are there. History repeats itself. Americans are sacrificing freedom for a false security. We're becoming a police-surveillance state.
That is a more nuanced argument. There is more to a nation than industrialization which is why it matters that nations usually no longer believe in glory from war. We don't value war as a source of pride or as confirmation of our laws and culture.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Except the Trumpists and the Christian nationalists. How many believe the last presidential election was "stolen"? Those who do have stopped believing in democracy. And that is about half of the country. And that is not the only sign. Gerrymandering, voter suppression, state selected electoral college. The mentality of "if you can't win in a fair election, just win anyhow" is deeply undemocratic - and it is deeply ingrained in the GOP. (And the dems are complicit by not calling them out and making democracy a top point.)
The OP says it is doomed to happen here, but that is not so.
It is neither doomed to happen nor is it impossible. The chances are about 50/50.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I wouldn't say poisoning. It's more like sucking or vacuuming in a way it creates a tribute to all things parasitic.

Tapeworms, ticks, fleas, leeches, mosquitoes, viruses.. kill the host by sucking things dry and move on to a new host.

PureX

Veteran Member
Yes, and the American people have been allowing it to go on for decades. We are still electing and re-electing these criminally corrupt politicians because we hate each other even more than we hate them. We blame each other more than we blame them. And they pay the media huge sums of money to make sure we keep hating each other.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Except the Trumpists and the Christian nationalists. How many believe the last presidential election was "stolen"? Those who do have stopped believing in democracy. And that is about half of the country. And that is not the only sign. Gerrymandering, voter suppression, state selected electoral college. The mentality of "if you can't win in a fair election, just win anyhow" is deeply undemocratic - and it is deeply ingrained in the GOP. (And the dems are complicit by not calling them out and making democracy a top point.)
We don't have ranked choices or a parliamentary system here. I'd say every American wants the voting system to work, and nobody wants a king. You're suggesting 50% are willing to throw away everything. Reconsider. That is very discouraging that you are getting such an impression of 50% of the country. Its just not that way.

Even considering Christian Nationalists remember that Christian Nationalists are a small subset of people. I'd need to see some kind of surprising evidence to believe otherwise. Also marxists are generally demoralized and have had to go underground and change the terminology of their ideology to get any of it heard.

Once in a while someone sports a pro trump sign, but this means diddly about them wanting to overthrow the government or believing in christian nationalism. It means they believe Trump is a good leader, which generally is a position that has arguments in support of it. It doesn't make them irrational. He mainly got elected for his fiscal policies, foreign policies and anti-abortion stance. Those who support him are pro-life, anti-war, and republican about taxation. They also greatly distrust the Democrats -- the main reason Trump gets so much support. Its mostly a vote against the Democrat party and its policies. That distrust is what made Trumps claims about the election interesting and believable to so many, though they have now begun to take notice of the court cases in which his claims were refuted. Over sixty bad cases were filed by Trump. He is discredited.

I live in Mississippi. I live near to Tennessee and Alabama. Whatever the TV people might claim people around here are not calling for the overthrow of our government. Everyone is going to little churches where salvation is preached, not political mayhem. We go to work, pump some fuel, feed our families. I see no t-shirts about overthrowing government or stopping the steal.

It is neither doomed to happen nor is it impossible. The chances are about 50/50.
5% might want to do something crazy, but there is so small a chance that America would support a totalitarian regime right now. It is infinitesimal. Our soldiers don't believe in supporting such a thing nor our voters. A decreasing minority still believes that Trump won his election, and most who used to believe it have reconsidered.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yes, and the American people have been allowing it to go on for decades. We are still electing and re-electing these criminally corrupt politicians because we hate each other even more than we hate them. We blame each other more than we blame them. And they pay the media huge sums of money to make sure we keep hating each other.
The reason why there is no mafia is because they all got elected.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
We don't have ranked choices or a parliamentary system here. I'd say every American wants the voting system to work, and nobody wants a king. You're suggesting 50% are willing to throw away everything. Reconsider. That is very discouraging that you are getting such an impression of 50% of the country. Its just not that way.

Even considering Christian Nationalists remember that Christian Nationalists are a small subset of people. I'd need to see some kind of surprising evidence to believe otherwise. Also marxists are generally demoralized and have had to go underground and change the terminology of their ideology to get any of it heard.

Once in a while someone sports a pro trump sign, but this means diddly about them wanting to overthrow the government or believing in christian nationalism. It means they believe Trump is a good leader, which generally is a position that has arguments in support of it. It doesn't make them irrational. He mainly got elected for his fiscal policies, foreign policies and anti-abortion stance. Those who support him are pro-life, anti-war, and republican about taxation. They also greatly distrust the Democrats -- the main reason Trump gets so much support. Its mostly a vote against the Democrat party and its policies. That distrust is what made Trumps claims about the election interesting and believable to so many, though they have now begun to take notice of the court cases in which his claims were refuted. Over sixty bad cases were filed by Trump. He is discredited.

I live in Mississippi. I live near to Tennessee and Alabama. Whatever the TV people might claim people around here are not calling for the overthrow of our government. Everyone is going to little churches where salvation is preached, not political mayhem. We go to work, pump some fuel, feed our families. I see no t-shirts about overthrowing government or stopping the steal.

5% might want to do something crazy, but there is so small a chance that America would support a totalitarian regime right now. It is infinitesimal. Our soldiers don't believe in supporting such a thing nor our voters. A decreasing minority still believes that Trump won his election, and most who used to believe it have reconsidered.
In the early 20th century, people in Italy, Spain and Germany expressed the same sentiments.