• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The New Guy

Slide

The 1st Rule.
Hi all. I'm the new guy, a recent convert from Christianity to atheism. I hate these introductory things where I'm expected to stand on a metaphorical podium and tell you about myself. If you have a question, feel free to ask it.

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
Hi all. I'm the new guy, a recent convert from Christianity to atheism. I hate these introductory things where I'm expected to stand on a metaphorical podium and tell you about myself. If you have a question, feel free to ask it.
I have a question.

What is your favourite kind of sausage?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Bratwurst and I don't get along. We have a mutual distrust.

Has your distrust of sausage increased or decreased since becoming an atheist?

Welcome to RF by the way. There are sane people here, but we generally only let them out on special occasions.

Slide

The 1st Rule.
Has your distrust of sausage increased or decreased since becoming an atheist?

Welcome to RF by the way. There are sane people here, but we generally only let them out on special occasions.

I have not found my distrust of bratwurst affected by my religion, though I'm only a 7-month old Free Thinker, so maybe I've been blind to the change.

Thank you for your welcome. I'd like to consider myself sane, though I'll be out and about on more than holidays. I'm sure there are those who will want me to go in a cage, or at least wear a muzzle.

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
Welcome to RF... why did you join RF? To discuss religion? Or some other reason?

QbDNiH.jpg

Slide

The 1st Rule.
Welcome to RF... why did you join RF? To discuss religion? Or some other reason?

QbDNiH.jpg

Thank you for the welcome.

I joined RF because of a desire to speak the truth as I see it and to learn (not to be confused with rolling and/or bending over to accept whatever I'm given). I enjoy peaceful discussions between dissenting views, especially when it comes to religion and politics.

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
Welcome to the Forum.

The Good of Ahuramazda be on you and I hope that you enjoy your time with us :)

I can see you discern yourself as a Libertarian, so it's good that you like to discuss politics in some way. What aspects of Religion do you enjoy discussing; culture, theology, historicity, all of it?

Slide

The 1st Rule.
Welcome to the Forum.

The Good of Ahuramazda be on you and I hope that you enjoy your time with us :)

I can see you discern yourself as a Libertarian, so it's good that you like to discuss politics in some way. What aspects of Religion do you enjoy discussing; culture, theology, historicity, all of it?

Thank you for the welcome.

As far as the aspects of religion I enjoy discussing, I'd have to say all of it. As long as the discussion remains civil, I'm good. If it turns ugly, I will not be involved. I lose my cool too fast and too far to be involved in a fruitless, uncivil debate. We can disagree, but when we start getting into calling names or patronizing, I'm not okay with it. I believe we can hold contradictory views and live at peace with one another. The only people I refuse to live at peace with are bullies.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Greetings!

Libertarian....atheist....maple syrup fan.....woo hoo!
Are you a capital "L" or lower case "l" kind of libertarian?

Now, have some....
1337171817-15976600.jpg