• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The most important ongoing war is...

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
I'm not sure what you mean. What are the minds of those yet to exist? How would that at all be relevant to us in the here and now?

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
I'm not sure what you mean. What are the minds of those yet to exist? How would that at all be relevant to us in the here and now?
If I were to say those not yet born, but one day will be, would that make more sense?

If there is an afterlife that is interconnected with this world you and I are experiencing now, or if there is reincarnation (even with time moving in a linear fashion), then it is relevant. Perhaps not "in the here and now" but it is relevant forever, which includes here and now.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
I think that the most important ongoing war is the inner struggle of all people in the West.
They do anything to draw people's attention.
To win people's approval.
They follow the crowd.
But that results in losing their own identity and uniqueness.

I guess more and more people, nevertheless prefer to be authentic and true.
And honest.
It all depends on your degree of awareness. ;)

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
If I were to say those not yet born, but one day will be, would that make more sense?

If there is an afterlife that is interconnected with this world you and I are experiencing now, or if there is reincarnation (even with time moving in a linear fashion), then it is relevant. Perhaps not "in the here and now" but it is relevant forever, which includes here and now.
Those are many "ifs".
I'm more concerned about the
wars objectively & currently raging.

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
Those are many "ifs".
I'm more concerned about the
wars objectively & currently raging.
Even if we remove the "ifs" and the mysticism, my OP holds true in my opinion.

To teach future generations through our actions now is possible and inevitable.

Whether we remain a warmongering species in the future depends on the legacy we leave behind today. At least partly.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Even if we remove the "ifs" and the mysticism, my OP holds true in my opinion.

To teach future generations through our actions now is possible and inevitable.

Whether we remain a warmongering species in the future depends on the legacy we leave behind today. At least partly.
I'd prefer ending the wars & oppression,
thereby allowing kids to grow up in peace.

Bthoth

*banned*
... the war for the minds of those yet to exist.

Agree? Disagree?

Thoughts?
I like that perspective; caring about the next generations beyond our own confusions.

In a true sense, that is what knowledge is about; recording infomation for the next generation to have the chance that we did not; the truth on the first pass

an anarchist

Your local anarchist.
We don't have time to wait for that. We need to change the minds of people who are currently adults.
In my view, adults are too far gone.

Can you imagine fundamentally changing your worldview at your age?

I'm 25, but I know the lot here is generally much older and more convinced of their ways.

Imagine that there is limited energy to invest in the war for the mind. Is it better invested in adults or those who are not set in their incorrect ways, such as those yet born or conceived?

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
In my view, adults are too far gone.

Can you imagine fundamentally changing your worldview at your age?

I'm 25, but I know the lot here is generally much older and more convinced of their ways.

Imagine that there is limited energy to invest in the war for the mind. Is it better invested in adults or those who are not set in their incorrect ways, such as those yet born or conceived?

It's not easy, but it is possible. In the last 3 years I've come to learn of a radically new way to approach my profession. I decided that I needed to largely abandon most of what I knew professionally - even though I was successful - and pivot to this radical new approach.

Not easy, but possible.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
... the war for the minds of those yet to exist.

Agree? Disagree?

Thoughts?

No.

I do think the idea of thinking beyond ourselves to the future of others is important, but not for their minds in particular.

We should be thinking about how our actions now, will affect those who are generations ahead of us. Our children's, children's, children so to speak.

Kind of like this: