• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The most important bee-ing on earth

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
The Earthwatch Institute concluded in the last debate of the Royal Geographical Society of London, that bees are the most important living being on the planet, however, scientists have also made an announcement: Bees have already entered into extinction risk.

Bees around the world have disappeared up to 90% according to recent studies, the reasons are different depending on the region, but among the main reasons are massive deforestation, lack of safe places for nests, lack of flowers, use uncontrolled pesticides, changes in soil, among others.

Read more at...
JS Bin

nPeace

Veteran Member
The Earthwatch Institute concluded in the last debate of the Royal Geographical Society of London, that bees are the most important living being on the planet, however, scientists have also made an announcement: Bees have already entered into extinction risk.

Bees around the world have disappeared up to 90% according to recent studies, the reasons are different depending on the region, but among the main reasons are massive deforestation, lack of safe places for nests, lack of flowers, use uncontrolled pesticides, changes in soil, among others.

Read more at...
JS Bin
Use of uncontrolled pesticides. Repeat (100 x 1000).

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I spend probably half of my life on the woods. A few days ago I saw a swarm of bees collecting pollen on a flowery bush and it struck me how rare that's become.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I spend probably half of my life on the woods. A few days ago I saw a swarm of bees collecting pollen on a flowery bush and it struck me how rare that's become.

We grow some lavender in pots, in summer the plants are always buzzing with bees. There are several people heat abouts that keep bees and sell the honey on the local markets. But i think we are a rarity.

Bear Wild

Read more at...
JS Bin
This is a terrifying finding. It is too easy to forget how interdependent we are with the rest of life. Considering the extraordinary number of plants dependent on bees for pollination the loss of bees will become an additional factor in the loss of species and the loss of food production dependent on their pollination. People are typically not fond of insects and do not realize the integral part they play in all forms of life.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
There were far less wasps here this year due to the wet summer. Hopefully they'll rebound next year.
Overall, it is a huge concern.