• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The missing Kingdom

lostwanderingsoul

I know we are a minority but a few of us still believe there is a God who makes His truth known to people with an open mind who are willing to listen. Those who have already decided there is no God or who do not wish to listen to His truth will never understand because there minds are closed. We do not need a priest or minister either because the religions of this world are influenced by Satan. God said His church would be small and hard to find. the large churches with millions of members all over the world do not seem small and hard to find so I eliminate them right away. Most churches believe that God's kingdom is in Heaven and people go there. God says His kingdom will be on earth and Jesus is coming here to rule over it. that is the answer to the missing kingdom. it does not exist yet. it will begin when Jesus returns to earth to set up and rule the Kingdom of God here on earth

outhouse

Atheistically
but if others have had the same experience not being taught or preached about the gospel of the kingdom, and if so, what you think the reason for it is.

Because the different unknown communities described this kingdom differently and there are contradictory passages, so many priest/pastors avoid it.

Some say it will be this generation, pauls time. When it did not happen as written new verses were added saying you wont know when it will take place.

Every person who has said it will take place at a certain time, have all been factually wrong

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
My guess as to why the good news of the kingdom is muted, is not because pastors don't understand it. Look at how many pastors have ridiculously tried to decipher the prophecies in Revelation, each with a different set of predictions with how the prophecies would unfold.

My guess as to why many pastors remain silent on the good news of the kingdom, is that it doesn't fit into the tiny neat little formula that the gospel is the Death, Burial, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, and nothing else.

The script goes as follows:
"The gospel is simple, God loves you and wants a relationship with you. You're a sinner and Jesus paid the price for you on the cross. Just accept His gift."

If pastors/preachers/ministers were to instead preach as follows

Acts 8:12 But when they believed Philip as he proclaimed the good news of the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

Acts 28:23, 31 They arranged to meet Paul on a certain day, and came in even larger numbers to the place where he was staying. He witnessed to them from morning till evening, explaining about the kingdom of God, and from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets he tried to persuade them about Jesus. [31] He proclaimed the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ---with all boldness and without hindrance!

Where they taught about both Jesus and the kingdom "Together", then it would interfere with that tidy little formula. The gospel would no longer be as simple as they want it to be, and are used to.

The kingdom is an Encumbrance and must be excluded from regular preaching/teaching of the gospel, except on special occasions.

Last edited:

outhouse

Atheistically
My guess as to why the good news of the kingdom is muted, is not because pastors don't understand it

You would be correct, since there is no agreement on its definition.

My guess as to why many pastors remain silent on the good news of the kingdom, is that it doesn't fit into the tiny neat little formula that the gospel is the Death, Burial, and Resurrection, and nothing else.

This does not read correct.

If pastors/preachers/ministers were to instead preach as follows

If I wanted theological advise, why would I follow your advise?

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
You would be correct, since there is no agreement on its definition.

This does not read correct.

If I wanted theological advise, why would I follow your advise?
How does it not read correctly?

I did not give advice. I quoted scripture. There's a mismatch between those verses and that script.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
Contradict much?

This below is advise

The kingdom is an Encumbrance and must be excluded from regular preaching/teaching of the gospel.
I was saying that is the pastors' position that keeps them from speaking about the kingdom.

outhouse

Atheistically
I was saying that is the pastors' position that keeps them from speaking about the kingdom.

No it is not position, it is because there is no solid conclusion about the kingdom. To scholars its ancient mythology.

To theologians the mythology contradicts itself, and proclaims it is coming now. Jesus probably thought it was coming soon and so did others, when it did not come, they wrote in verse saying no one would know.

There are multiple different opinions in the NT and multiple definitions. To focus on that, if you make a divine claim for authorship, you just lost credibility, so people who claim divine origin are forced to ignore it like many other parts of the NT

anonymous9887

bible reader
well the bibles whole message is about a coming kingdom and god restoring the paradise earth he originally intended. From genesis 3:15 setting a plan in place to Daniel 2:44 gods kingdom foretold to come Acts 1:6 they asked if the earthly kingdom would be restored to them jesus said it did not belong to them to know when the heavenly kingdom would be restored. Finally putting Matthew 5:5 into the picture is that the heavenly kingdom would rule over the earth

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
No it is not position, it is because there is no solid conclusion about the kingdom. To scholars its ancient mythology.

To theologians the mythology contradicts itself, and proclaims it is coming now. Jesus probably thought it was coming soon and so did others, when it did not come, they wrote in verse saying no one would know.

There are multiple different opinions in the NT and multiple definitions. To focus on that, if you make a divine claim for authorship, you just lost credibility, so people who claim divine origin are forced to ignore it like many other parts of the NT
Revelation 1:5, 5:10 indicates that by this point, the kingdom already came. This corroborates Luke 9:27 which says they would see the kingdom before they taste death.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
well the bibles whole message is about a coming kingdom and god restoring the paradise earth he originally intended. From genesis 3:15 setting a plan in place to Daniel 2:44 gods kingdom foretold to come Acts 1:6 they asked if the earthly kingdom would be restored to them jesus said it did not belong to them to know when the heavenly kingdom would be restored. Finally putting Matthew 5:5 into the picture is that the heavenly kingdom would rule over the earth
John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

His kingdom is not like the kingdoms of earth. Revelation 1:5, 5:10 It's a spiritual kingdom, not a governmental or a military one. And accordingly, the kingdom is already here.

lostwanderingsoul

Jesus said His Kingdom was FROM another place not IN another. It is coming FROM Heaven to rule on earth. When He said His kingdom is not of this world He means it is not designed and run by the people of this world. It will be run by God but will be on earth when Jesus returns. Which is the next point. Jesus said He is coming back to earth but nobody believes it. They think they are going to Heaven to be with Him. Satan has really clouded people's minds so they do not see or believe the truth of what Jesus said

outhouse

Atheistically
Revelation 1:5, 5:10 indicates that by this point, the kingdom already came. This corroborates Luke 9:27 which says they would see the kingdom before they taste death.

and if you read more deeply, there are passages that state it has not come and no one will know when.

We know it never came, because no one reported it did.

anonymous9887

bible reader
John 18:36 Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

His kingdom is not like the kingdoms of earth. Revelation 1:5, 5:10 It's a spiritual kingdom, not a governmental or a military one. And accordingly, the kingdom is already here.
Well the ones who are to rue as kings are to judge the 12 tribes of Israel so yes its not a physical government, but at Christ coming he and the 144000 would rule over the earth as kings and priest.

anonymous9887

bible reader

I have a question. if indeed the kingdom is already here when does Daniel 2:44 become a fulfillment?