• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The missing Kingdom

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
Jesus spoke so much about the kingdom.
A phrase he used often was "The kingdom of heaven is like..."
The fish, the weeds, the tenants, the seed, the pearl, etc.

The apostles (including Paul Acts 20:25, 28:23, 31) spoke much about the kingdom of God. I can come up with a number of scriptures.

Yet, with as much attention given to it in the NT, in my experience the gospel of kingdom rarely gets spoken of off the pulpit. I stress "in my experience". I obviously won't claim to have been everywhere and seen everything. In my experience, the groups I've heard mention it the most are Churches of Christ, JWs (although I disagree with their view on what the kingdom is), and spanish speaking churches of whatever belief system "El Reino de Dios". I'm not asking specifically to discuss what the kingdom is, but if others have had the same experience not being taught or preached about the gospel of the kingdom, and if so, what you think the reason for it is.

Thank you.

Last edited:

psychoslice

Veteran Member
In my thinking the kingdom is within, no other place, and its certainly not a geographical place on earth or in the sky somewhere.

lostwanderingsoul

the kingdom is not preached because most ministers do not understand it. Jesus said He is coming back to earth to set up His kingdom. His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives which is on earth. He will sit on the throne of David which is on earth. He will be King of Kings which means He will rule all earthly kingdoms. No one preaches it beause they do not understand or believe it.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
the kingdom is not preached because most ministers do not understand it. Jesus said He is coming back to earth to set up His kingdom. His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives which is on earth. He will sit on the throne of David which is on earth. He will be King of Kings which means He will rule all earthly kingdoms. No one preaches it beause they do not understand or believe it.
Thank you. But there are a lot of topics ministers/preachers don't understand. That doesn't stop them from teaching false doctrines. Could it be this is one of the few topics they acknowledge they don't understand? I don't think that's it either.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
If the idea of no heavenly kingdom is being proposed, then some other alternative has to be posited. Or not. There is really nothing stopping people from just ignoring large portions of Scripture.
I certainly believe there is a heavenly kingdom, but there's more than that. Jesus couldn't have been speaking of a heavenly kingdom in Luke 9:27.

Awoon

Democracy is better government then Kingdom/Monarchy.

lostwanderingsoul

I am afraid when it comes to God, there will be no democracy. you will either obey His rules or you will not be in the kingdom. however, His rules will be beneficial for everyone and you will not complain because you do not get to choose

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Thank you. Does your belief system or church bring up the kingdom of God often?
Well I was once a Christian, the Seventh Day Adventist, and yes they often brought up the kingdom, but they thought it was refereeing to the kingdom of heaven. I myself felt that was wrong, that heaven was found within each one of us, and when I truly realized this, I for the first time felt heaven within, and always have ever since.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I am afraid when it comes to God, there will be no democracy. you will either obey His rules or you will not be in the kingdom. however, His rules will be beneficial for everyone and you will not complain because you do not get to choose
It doesn't sound very good, sounds more like a dictator.

e.r.m.

Church of Christ
Well I was once a Christian, the Seventh Day Adventist, and yes they often brought up the kingdom, but they thought it was refereeing to the kingdom of heaven.
Thank you. Yes, you're right. I work with a Seventh day Adventist, and they do speak about that.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
and I guess someone who makes up their own religion understands everything because they just make it up
Its not made up, organized religion does a good job at that, my religion is from experience, and from within, it doesn't have rules, its doesn't need priest to tell me how to live it, it is natural, all the creatures on face of our earth are more religious than any animal called human being, we have lost our true connection, and all because of organized relgion, yea, you can keep it.

moorea944

Jesus spoke so much about the kingdom.
A phrase he used often was "The kingdom of heaven is like..."
The fish, the weeds, the tenants, the seed, the pearl, etc.

The apostles (including Paul Acts 20:25, 28:23, 31) spoke much about the kingdom of God. I can come up with a number of scriptures.

Yet, with as much attention given to it in the NT, in my experience the gospel of kingdom rarely gets spoken of off the pulpit. I stress "in my experience". I obviously won't claim to have been everywhere and seen everything. In my experience, the groups I've heard mention it the most are Churches of Christ, JWs (although I disagree with their view on what the kingdom is), and spanish speaking churches of whatever belief system "El Reino de Dios". I'm not asking specifically to discuss what the kingdom is, but if others have had the same experience not being taught or preached about the gospel of the kingdom, and if so, what you think the reason for it is.

Thank you.
I think alot of churches dont understand this topic at all. Only because most believe in heaven going at death and that's where you will stay. The Kingdom or "coming Kingdom" in the bible will be an actual Kingdom "set up" by Christ at his return. So many verses to list on that topic, esp in the OT. Daniel 2, Zech 8-14, so many. The bible is about God. And what He wants to do with us and the earth is to fill the whole earth with His Glory. That hasnt happened yet, but it will. It will be a wonderful time on earth. Everything will change at Christ's return.