• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Meaning of the Holy Spirit

Ronald

NoahideHiker said:
Acts 7:14Then sent Joseph, and called his father Jacob to [him], and all his kindred, threescore and fifteen souls.
15 So Jacob went down into Egypt, and died, he, and our fathers,

We see from the text of the Torah that this is not true.

Gen 46:27
27. And Joseph's sons, who were born to him in Egypt, two souls; all the souls of the house of Jacob who came to Egypt were seventy.

Exo 1:5
5. Now all those descended from Jacob were seventy souls, and Joseph, [who] was in Egypt.

Deut. 10:22
22. With seventy souls, Your forefathers descended to Egypt, and now the Lord, your God, has made you as the stars of heaven in abundance.

How can this be? He was full of the Holy Spirit. How could he make this big of a mistake if he was guided by the Holy Spirit? Doesn’t it even say in the NT that when they spoke they were not to worry because the Holy Spirit would give them the proper words which to say? This is a serious question because I can’t remember where it is.
You know I had never noticed the error, but I would lay the blame to the number of languages the translaters used, You and I both know there would not be a mistake made by the Ruach!

Further Stephen forgets where Jacob was buried…
Acts 7:16 And were carried over into Sychem, and laid in the sepulchre that Abraham bought for a sum of money of the sons of Emmor [the father] of Sychem.

Gen 50:13

13. And his sons carried him to the land of Canaan, and they buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which field Abraham had bought for burial property from Ephron the Hittite before Mamre.

(See also Gen. 23:17,19) These places aren’t even close to each other. Did the Holy Spirit forget Jewish history?

Can you see why this would be problematic for non-christians?

On the first I see the mistake and lay it at the feet of the handlers of the books, the second is your mistake. Sorry Noahidehiker, but two different men are being buried, First is Israel and the second is Joseph.

Don't take it hard we are all flesh, flesh errs, from time to time.

Shalom

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Ronald said:
You know I had never noticed the error, but I would lay the blame to the number of languages the translaters used, You and I both know there would not be a mistake made by the Ruach!

Or the Ruach was not with him maybe? :run:

Ronald said:
On the first I see the mistake and lay it at the feet of the handlers of the books, the second is your mistake. Sorry Noahidehiker, but two different men are being buried, First is Israel and the second is Joseph.

Don't take it hard we are all flesh, flesh errs, from time to time.

Shalom

No, Genesis 50 clearly describes Joseph buring his father Jacob who is called Israel.

6. And Pharaoh said, "Go up and bury your father as he adjured you."

7. So Joseph went up to bury his father, and all Pharaoh's servants, the elders of his house, and all the elders of the land of Egypt went up with him,

As you say though, we all make mistakes. ;)

Have a good evening Ronald.

Ronald

NoahideHiker said:
Or the Ruach was not with him maybe? :run:

No, Genesis 50 clearly describes Joseph buring his father Jacob who is called Israel.

6. And Pharaoh said, "Go up and bury your father as he adjured you."

7. So Joseph went up to bury his father, and all Pharaoh's servants, the elders of his house, and all the elders of the land of Egypt went up with him,

As you say though, we all make mistakes. ;)

Have a good evening Ronald.
Good Grief Charlie Brown! You are right! 14, 15 &16 have everything wrong!
In every translation I've seen! A glaring error and not noticed not ever questioned. Except by you! WOW!!!!Since I had read both accounts, when I came to Acts I surely never noticed seventyfive and Abraham not Jacob buying with sheep and not with silver!
Shalom

may

divinemission said:
The Meaning of the Holy Spirit:
“Holy Spirit” means God’s Spirit is pure; the spirit of God has no sin. God has not done and will never do anything incorrectly. Holy Spirit is not the third person of the Holy Trinity that those lacking of understand the Doctrine of the Almighty Eternal God and God creation teachings.

[Messiah Jesus] said to the apostles again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I sent you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit” (John 20:21–22).
holy spirit is .....Gods active force ...........it is force in motion.

Holy Spirit is Spirit of God is holiness, and this supernatural power work through human minds to do thing correctly, and to heal human mental illnesses and physical diseases, as well as work through those obey God's commandments mind and physical bodies.:clap:shrug::yes:

johannes

divinemission said:
The Meaning of the Holy Spirit:
“Holy Spirit” means God’s Spirit is pure; the spirit of God has no sin. God has not done and will never do anything incorrectly. Holy Spirit is not the third person of the Holy Trinity that those lacking of understand the Doctrine of the Almighty Eternal God and God creation teachings.

[Messiah Jesus] said to the apostles again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I sent you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit” (John 20:21–22).

why is it that people want to change GHOST INTO SPIRIT? it is true that Ghost also = spirit but the truth is that Ghost is the spirit of the dead and this is logic because we were baptized into death acoording to the bible. yes it is true that it is a spirit morraly innosint. the Holy Ghost is the spirit of a living soul breated into us by Jesus because he blew on us and said; receive the Holy Ghost/the deep sleep/the spirit of death/the soul.
i fully agree; it is not a third person because God is one. it is the one who speaks, his word and his spirit and these three = a living being.