• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Meaning of the Holy Spirit

The Meaning of the Holy Spirit:
“Holy Spirit” means God’s Spirit is pure; the spirit of God has no sin. God has not done and will never do anything incorrectly. Holy Spirit is not the third person of the Holy Trinity that those lacking of understand the Doctrine of the Almighty Eternal God and God creation teachings.

[Messiah Jesus] said to the apostles again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I sent you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit” (John 20:21–22).

PHOTOTAKER

john 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

it funny that most don't realize that the holy ghost is the baptism of fire it is how are sins are forgiven. if what you say it true (i belive you have truth in your statement) you also have to consider that God the father cannot look at sin. ether the Holy ghost is another angel or the bible is incorrect...

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
The holy spirit is an elevated state of consciousness, where the normal waking mind is brought into contact with the divine.

x

Ronald

PHOTOTAKER said:
john 20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

it funny that most don't realize that the holy ghost is the baptism of fire it is how are sins are forgiven. if what you say it true (i belive you have truth in your statement) you also have to consider that God the father cannot look at sin. ether the Holy ghost is another angel or the bible is incorrect...
Who said? God? Yeshua/Jesus? NO!
Has the baptism with fire cone yet? No! On the "Day of the Lord" the baptism of fire comes upon the earth!
I have heard these same "Hellfire and Brimstone" sermons wherein we are promised the baptism "With faar!"
Phototaker, show me your singged clothing! I have truely never seen someone in a firey baptism!
Even though Christians claim the "Holy Ghost" as their "Private Property" The Spirit of God/Lord is the same as the "Holy Ghost" and works with the Jews also!
God/-Y - H - V - H, is Spirit, has no spirit, but does work in the universe and that work is called by mankind as the "Spirit of God."
For you trinitarians, why do you leave out the mentioned "seven spirits of God"?
What you have offered is wood, hay and stubble and won't fare well in the firey baptism.

Shalom

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
Baptism with fire means all worldly attachments ae burned away from the soul.

When the "holy spirit" begins to move on a person, it transforms that person from a worldly person to a spiritual one. Worldly attractions become less interesting.

It is the beginning of enlightenment.

x

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I must admit that I was unfamiliar with the meaning (althugh I always had assumed it to be as described here:-http://www.ccg.org/english/s/p117.html)

The fllowing is an extract from an in depth analysis.

The Holy Spirit
The Holy Spirit (Acts 2:4) is that essence or power of God which Christ promised to send to the elect (Jn. 16:7). It is not a person but the extension of the living power of God. It is the means whereby we become partakers of the divine nature (2Pet. 1:4), being filled with the Holy Spirit (Acts 9:17; Eph. 5:18) and hence all Sons of God (Job 1:6; 2:1; 38:7; Rom. 8:14; 1Jn. 3:1-2) and co-heirs with Christ (Rom. 8:17; Gal. 3:29; Titus 3:7; Heb. 1:14; 6:17; 11:9; Jas. 2:5; 1Pet. 3:7).

The Spirit is given by God to those who ask (Lk. 11:9-13) and obey Him, dwelling in those who keep God's commandments (1Jn. 3:24; Acts 5:32). The saints are those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ (Rev. 12:17, 14:12).

From Job 38:7 there were sons of God before the foundation of the world. Jesus Christ was not the only son of God before the foundation of the world. There were many of them. He was not the only Morning Star before the foundation of the world – there were many of them.

Arabis

see me run
divinemission said:
The Meaning of the Holy Spirit:
“Holy Spirit” means God’s Spirit is pure; the spirit of God has no sin. God has not done and will never do anything incorrectly. Holy Spirit is not the third person of the Holy Trinity that those lacking of understand the Doctrine of the Almighty Eternal God and God creation teachings.

[Messiah Jesus] said to the apostles again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, so I sent you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit” (John 20:21–22).

Where did you find your definition of Holy Spirit? I am just wondering, I have never heard it defined as such before.

xexon

Destroyer of Worlds
michel said:
I must admit that I was unfamiliar with the meaning (althugh I always had assumed it to be as described here:-http://www.ccg.org/english/s/p117.html)

The fllowing is an extract from an in depth analysis.

I said the same thing, just in a more digestable form.

I haven't read the bible in about 30 years, but I knew what it meant.

x

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
Considering we can also find references all the way through the old testament to the holy spirit….. did Yeshua really say that? or is John (X-Pharisee) again trying to make him look foolish by not knowing the scriptures.
I would say it is, as there is no other logical explanation for Yeshua to directly imply that you will send something, that already existed.

Ronald

wizanda said:
Considering we can also find references all the way through the old testament to the holy spirit….. did Yeshua really say that? or is John (X-Pharisee) again trying to make him look foolish by not knowing the scriptures.
I would say it is, as there is no other logical explanation for Yeshua to directly imply that you will send something, that already existed.
Paul was a Pharisee also! Pharisee is a Red Herring. John the Kabballist via the Spirit as Yeshua spoke He would send the Spirit to indwell in every person who does the will of God. The Kabballist refered to; Psalms 82:6 ¶ I say, "You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you;
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, "Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, you are gods’?
All the books written by the Apostle John are Spiritual/Kabballistic!
I could ask you did Yeshua/Jesus really say "Then Jesus said to him begone Satan! For it is written,
'You shall worship the Lord your God
And Him only shall you serve.'"​
But of course he did! Even though we did not hear it for ourselves, we know via the Holy Spirit that is in us He brings everything to our rembrance.

Maybe you have not accepted the gift so just maybe you haven't gotten the message that John was a Kabballist!

Shalom​

PHOTOTAKER

Ronald said:
Who said? God? Yeshua/Jesus? NO!
Has the baptism with fire cone yet? No! On the "Day of the Lord" the baptism of fire comes upon the earth!
I have heard these same "Hellfire and Brimstone" sermons wherein we are promised the baptism "With faar!"
Phototaker, show me your singged clothing! I have truely never seen someone in a firey baptism!
Even though Christians claim the "Holy Ghost" as their "Private Property" The Spirit of God/Lord is the same as the "Holy Ghost" and works with the Jews also!
God/-Y - H - V - H, is Spirit, has no spirit, but does work in the universe and that work is called by mankind as the "Spirit of God."
For you trinitarians, why do you leave out the mentioned "seven spirits of God"?
What you have offered is wood, hay and stubble and won't fare well in the firey baptism.

Shalom

that would be from John "and other greater than i shall baptize you with fire of the holy ghost"

Ronald

PHOTOTAKER said:
that would be from John "and other greater than i shall baptize you with fire of the holy ghost"
Is that a statement or a question?
Luke quoted Yochanan the Imerser in Luke 3:16 John answered them all, "I baptize you with water; but he who is mightier than I is coming, the thong of whose sandals I am not worthy to untie; he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.
Where does it say that they were to come about at the same advent? It doesn't. No fires have been lighted and Yeshua/Jesus laments about the time he will bring the fire upon the earth; Luke 12:49 "I came to cast fire upon the earth; and would that it were already kindled!
50 I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how I am constrained until it is accomplished!
Yet it is not yet accomplished! Still constrained! But not to worry it is coming, you have His word upon it.

Shalom

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Willamena said:
Eh. Not really.

What did you learn in that thread about the Holy Spirit?

It was used to name various persons in the bible including the holy ghost. I believe also that a holy spirit is any true believing spirit.

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Eh, I think I'll just stick with G-d. He's enough for me. Besides, the holy spirit makes mistakes. G-d doesn't.

Ronald

NoahideHiker said:
Eh, I think I'll just stick with G-d. He's enough for me. Besides, the holy spirit makes mistakes. G-d doesn't.
Gee, I hate to disagree with you! But since the Holy Spirit is the way you see the working of the Creator God, who is Spirit and doesn't possess a spirit.
My wonderful Hebrew Teacher equates God like the "Invisible Man" TV series a few decades ago, you can't see him until he puts his overcoat on, the Holy Spirit is God with his overcoat on! Since "God makes no mistakes", He can't make a mistake just because He has His overcoat on.
Now on the other hand, men who say they have a word from the Holy Spirit are often mistaken. It is not God's fault.
So you are wrong in saying the Holy Spirit makes mistakes.
Shalom

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Gee, I hate to disagree with you! But since the Holy Spirit is the way you see the working of the Creator God, who is Spirit and doesn't possess a spirit.
My wonderful Hebrew Teacher equates God like the "Invisible Man" TV series a few decades ago, you can't see him until he puts his overcoat on, the Holy Spirit is God with his overcoat on! Since "God makes no mistakes", He can't make a mistake just because He has His overcoat on.

Rejecting the holy spirit as it is widely known as a seperate intity is not a rejection of G-d's shekinah. If I have G-d Himself I have His shekinah too.

Now on the other hand, men who say they have a word from the Holy Spirit are often mistaken. It is not God's fault. So you are wrong in saying the Holy Spirit makes mistakes.

Like Stephen in the book of Acts?

Ronald

I surely do not follow you there! Stephen was killed by people like Sha'ul, who could not bear to see the thimgs he did via the ruach. This was not in my opinion a guilty man deserving to be stoned to death, it was similar to what happened to the Mashiach.
False witnesses spoke agianst him. Since I was not there and there is no explaination, one can form his own opinion and it may or maynot be correct, but mine is to prove a point as spoken by Yeshua "Jn.15:18 ¶ If the world hate you, know ye that it hath hated me before you.
19 If you had been of the world, the world would love its own: but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

"Like Stephen in the book of Acts? Did I even come close to an answer you expected?

Shalom

NoahideHiker

Religious Headbanger
Ronald said:
I surely do not follow you there! Stephen was killed by people like Sha'ul, who could not bear to see the thimgs he did via the ruach. This was not in my opinion a guilty man deserving to be stoned to death, it was similar to what happened to the Mashiach.
False witnesses spoke agianst him. Since I was not there and there is no explaination, one can form his own opinion and it may or maynot be correct, but mine is to prove a point as spoken by Yeshua "Jn.15:18 ¶ If the world hate you, know ye that it hath hated me before you.
19 If you had been of the world, the world would love its own: but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

"Like Stephen in the book of Acts? Did I even come close to an answer you expected?

Shalom

No I was speaking about when Stephen, full of and lead by the holy spirit spoke wrongly and made mistakes. Stephen’s impassioned speech before the Jewish court is an emotional point in the new church. But Stephen was very special. Acts 6:3-5 says…

Acts 6:3-5

3Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.
4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
5 And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Stephen, a man full of faith and of the Holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Parmenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch:

A man full of the Holy Spirit. Acts 6 goes on to describe the degree by which Stephen was blessed and filled with the Holy Spirit…

Acts 6:8-10

8And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.
9Then there arose certain of the synagogue, which is called [the synagogue] of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia and of Asia, disputing with Stephen.
10 And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the spirit by which he spake.

So holy and full of the Holy Spirit was Stephen that Acts 6 says…

Acts 6:15 And all that sat in the council, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had been the face of an angel.

What a holy, holy man that he was looked upon as if his face were that of an angel! So Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, starts his long recitation of Jewish history to that point. This is where things get confusing…

Acts 7:14Then sent Joseph, and called his father Jacob to [him], and all his kindred, threescore and fifteen souls.
So Jacob went down into Egypt, and died, he, and our fathers,

We see from the text of the Torah that this is not true.

Gen 46:27
27. And Joseph's sons, who were born to him in Egypt, two souls; all the souls of the house of Jacob who came to Egypt were seventy.

Exo 1:5
5. Now all those descended from Jacob were seventy souls, and Joseph, [who] was in Egypt.

Deut. 10:22
22. With seventy souls, Your forefathers descended to Egypt, and now the Lord, your God, has made you as the stars of heaven in abundance.

How can this be? He was full of the Holy Spirit. How could he make this big of a mistake if he was guided by the Holy Spirit? Doesn’t it even say in the NT that when they spoke they were not to worry because the Holy Spirit would give them the proper words which to say? This is a serious question because I can’t remember where it is. Further Stephen forgets where Jacob was buried…

Acts 7:16 And were carried over into Sychem, and laid in the sepulchre that Abraham bought for a sum of money of the sons of Emmor [the father] of Sychem.

Gen 50:13

13. And his sons carried him to the land of Canaan, and they buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which field Abraham had bought for burial property from Ephron the Hittite before Mamre.

(See also Gen. 23:17,19) These places aren’t even close to each other. Did the Holy Spirit forget Jewish history?

Can you see why this would be problematic for non-christians?