• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the meaning of life

gofemit

The biggest debate of all time is Science vs Religion. without religion there would be nothing to prove wrong so in a way religion made science what it is today

I think that Aliens r gods and ancient man always described gods coming from the heavens or sky. We were created in his image meaning we were in fact an alien breeding project where the neanderthal man was cross bred with aliens making us, homo sapiens.

Now lets talk realistically here, If Aliens came down from 'the heavens' and took advantage of claiming that they were gods and angels then everything in the bible makes sense in an alien way. And u know how they say the Apocalypse is gonna happen in 2012, that god will come down as pass final judgment? well, what if god does come and god is an Alien? makes perfect sense.

aliens r gods. they created us. We r theyre project. in 2012 they will make themselves known and the Apocalypse or Great awaking will happen. Science and religion will come face to face and everyone will know once and for all the truth. The meaning of life. and its intertangled with spirit world, other dimension, ancient man and religious believes. but trust me, when u realize everything in the bible is describing aliens, r really gotta wonder were religion and meaning of life is in all this

love u and take care <3

gofemit

y? u afraid i might show the truth? r u aware that many people take drugs due to their religious believes? go where ive gone and experience what ive experienced then maybe u will see the light. What has infact been infront of us the entire time some people just cant see. people base their believes on what they have been taught, but when u learn for urself what god is and what we are then u come out with a whole new perspective bro. I just hope one day u can see it too

Last edited by a moderator:

elmarna

The "meaning " of life is very much in a value system of the world you percieve!
To literally not find anythinhg in life to label,find importance or call a concern -than perhaps you can truly say life is meaninglessb

Azekual

Lost
Someone's being watching Ancient Alien reruns.
God is, technically, an alien (He does not originate on earth, thus by definition he is an alien), however I don't believe he's part of some alien race.
Drugs can enhance meditation I'll admit but If you can't write a coherent sentence after your meditation, you took WAY too much.

St Giordano Bruno

It is units of organic matter which can reproduce itself and has such complex chemistry that gives it powers to continue to reproduce itself as it adapts to change itself to adjust to environmental stresses.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
And who "created" the aliens?
Other aliens?
And their "creator"?

Life is it's own meaning, it needs no other reason.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Here I was preparing a statement on what I think is the meaning of life. Silly me. I didn't realize that this thread would be a rant about an alien fixation. Oh well.

horizon_mj1

The biggest debate of all time is Science vs Religion. without religion there would be nothing to prove wrong so in a way religion made science what it is today
And your point is?

I think that Aliens r gods and ancient man always described gods coming from the heavens or sky. We were created in his image meaning we were in fact an alien breeding project where the neanderthal man was cross bred with aliens making us, homo sapiens.
You must see Creation as a simpleton, well after all there is only a few trillion or so different speicies that have ever existed after all. Did you ever think maybe these "aliens" were nothing more than a type of Angel? Or maybe even a hallucination of the one seeing them? Or who knows maybe you are right, but IMO this is not an extremely important issue.;)

Now lets talk realistically here, If Aliens came down from 'the heavens' and took advantage of claiming that they were gods and angels then everything in the bible makes sense in an alien way. And u know how they say the Apocalypse is gonna happen in 2012, that god will come down as pass final judgment? well, what if god does come and god is an Alien? makes perfect sense.
What if these aliens get to make a "suggested judgment" on this day? If you even remotely believe in the Bible, how can you pick and choose what parts to believe and what parts not: Christ Himself said He would not know the Hour of Judgment and as far as "the Apocalypse" is concerned, what do you think the world has living????

aliens r gods. they created us. We r theyre project. in 2012 they will make themselves known and the Apocalypse or Great awaking will happen. Science and religion will come face to face and everyone will know once and for all the truth. The meaning of life. and its intertangled with spirit world, other dimension, ancient man and religious believes. but trust me, when u realize everything in the bible is describing aliens, r really gotta wonder were religion and meaning of life is in all this

love u and take care <3
Aliens are not Gods, even though some may have perceived them as such; they are nothing more than a tool of Knowledgeable Intervention, the Bible does have some criteria that can relate to aliens, but it is what it is my friend, you are not your brother any more than your brother is you, the same can be said for aliens and Angels:angel2:and IMO it is a bit more complex than that, but its a start.

Matthew78

aspiring biblical scholar

Hey Gofemit, welcome to the forums! I want to respond to your post so I'll respond to the first part above. I don't know if I would agree that the biggest debate of all time is between science and religion. There are religious believers who believe that there is perfect harmony between science and religion. I don't think that the epistemic goal of science is to prove religion wrong or refute it. Science is more about discovering how the world works than debunking religious beliefs or creeds. Sometimes religious beliefs have to be debunked in the course of advancing scientific understanding but that's only where science and some religious beliefs clash.

I think that Aliens r gods and ancient man always described gods coming from the heavens or sky.

This is possible but it seems far-fetched to me simply for the reason that we haven't strong evidence of either. I once thought of a hypothetical Star Trek: The Next Generation episode where the alien being, Q, tells Captain Picard that he's responsible for the Abrahamic religions. Q tells Picard that he disguised himself as Yahweh and appeared to Moses in a burning bush and that Abrahamic religions are nothing more than a experiment gone awry. Picard gets angry because he thinks that all of the wars, persecution, and bloodshed caused by Abrahamic religions are all of Q's fault.

We were created in his image meaning we were in fact an alien breeding project where the neanderthal man was cross bred with aliens making us, homo sapiens.

Be careful! If you don't have solid evidence to back this up, you will be dismissed as a crank. You have to be careful enough to realize that it takes strong evidence to overturn the scientific consensus of expert opinion. If you want to publish your ideas, you will have to do a lot of research if you expect your ideas to win the respect of scientists everywhere.

Now lets talk realistically here, If Aliens came down from 'the heavens' and took advantage of claiming that they were gods and angels then everything in the bible makes sense in an alien way.

Believe it or not there was an astronomer who actually seriously entertained this idea. He was considered a crank in his lifetime. The astronomer that I have in mind is the late Tom Van Flandern. He wrote a book exploring this very idea. You might want to get a copy of his book if you are really interested in his ideas. He wrote of other ideas that are not mainstream; he was opposed to the Big Bang, believed that the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter was a planet which exploded, and attempted to replace special relativity with his own ether theory. Interesting fellow.

And u know how they say the Apocalypse is gonna happen in 2012, that god will come down as pass final judgment? well, what if god does come and god is an Alien? makes perfect sense.

It probably makes a good deal of sense to you if you believe that the miracle stories of the Bible happened. I don't. It's probably tempting for you to ascribe "alien" hypotheses to explain the events recorded in the Bible, but, in order to be taken seriously, you have to not only provide convincing evidence that aliens exist in the first place, you also have to provide convincing evidence that the miracle stories in the Bible really did happen as described.

Okay, so this is not just some intriguing hypothesis that you're entertaining; you believe this actually happened. And you're hoping we realize that not only did everything the Bible narrates actually happen, but there's a simple hypothesis for it. You're hoping we will really ponder why we're all here and what the aliens have in mind for us? Is this right?

Well, it's going to take a lot of evidence to convince me. I would say that you have your work cut out for you!