• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Marriage b/w Muslims and non-Muslims

Haris19

Peace,

My Understanding:

God does not permit marrying a non muslim and this applies to both believing men and women.God permits marrying any one from the followers of the previous scriptures who has believed in the Quran. You cannot marry a christian,Jew,Hindu,Buddhist or anyone who follows their scripture but refuses to believe the truth in the Quran and observe God's commandments.God permits marrying a christian,jew,Hindu,buddhist etc only if he or she believes in the Quran and observes GOD's commandments.

You cannot marry anyone assuming that they will convert after marriage.There is no support for such a marriage anywhere in the Quran.Neither is it permitted to marry a non muslim simply to convert them to Islam.

God commands believers to marry only believers so that they remain in the straight path and remain amoung those who remember GOD always.Having a disbelieving partner may cause you to forget GOD and disobey him.Since there is a lot at stake,it is not wise to marry a non muslim man or woman no matter how much we like them.GOD knows best!!

Peace!

Haris19

I have heard lot of stories about Muslims marrying non-Muslims and it is also said in many communities that a Muslim man can marry a non-Muslim woman but a Muslim woman cannot marry a non-Muslim. .

My understanding:

Be it a man or a woman ,they cannot marry a non muslim until and unless he/she recognizes the truth in the Quran and observes GOD's commandments(ie.become muslim).

God does not place any restriction on any one based on gender.The only restriction is on marrying a non believer.

Peace!

gruggle10

My understanding:

Be it a man or a woman ,they cannot marry a non muslim until and unless he/she recognizes the truth in the Quran and observes GOD's commandments(ie.become muslim).

God does not place any restriction on any one based on gender.The only restriction is on marrying a non believer.

Peace!
better you find what muslim's scholar said about this.

Haris19

Here it is only speaking of 'idolaters', not 'non-Muslims'. 'Idolaters' only make up a small percentage of non-Muslims. Do you have more Quranic quotes that include everyone?

My Understanding:

"Idolators" include everyone.By idolators,Quran does not mean any specific religious group or groups(like hindus,Buddhists etc).There are idolators in the so called monotheist religions also.

According to the Quran,any one who does not maintain strict monotheism is an idolator.One can claim to be monotheist but if he/she sets up partners besides GOD,he /she is committing idolatry.For example, elevating the status of Prophets or saints to that of GOD is idolatry.

I have been told that marriage between a Muslim man and a woman of a religion of the Book is allowed. Is that true?

Only if they recognize the truth in the Quran and accept GOD's religion as theirs.A muslim man or woman is free to marry anyone from any religious background after they accept the truth in the Quran and obey GOD's commandments.

Peace!

Haris19

better you find what muslim's scholar said about this.

Brother, i do not understand how a muslim can marry a Christian woman when she does not believe in the Quran or obey GOD's commandments?? .How can a muslim marry a woman who believes that Jesus is GOD when we declare every day that there is no GOD but GOD???It doesnt make sense to me.

The Quran as far as i see is very clear.You may marry women from those who receieved the previous scriptures ONLY if they believe in what is given to you.If they disbelieve,you cannot marry them as they are idolators.

And why cant a Muslim woman marry a man who has believed in the Quran and obeys GOD's commandments??.His previous faith cannot be an issue at all.

Please look at the below verses.From these verses,we can learn that it is such followers of the previous scriptures whom we are allowed to marry and not those who reject GOD's revelations.

[5:83] When they hear what was revealed to the messenger, you see their eyes flooding with tears as they recognize the truth therein, and they say, "Our Lord, we have believed, so count us among the witnesses.

[22:54] Those who are blessed with knowledge will recognize the truth from your Lord, then believe in it, and their hearts will readily accept it. Most assuredly, GOD guides the believers in the right path

Peace!

Azakel

Liebe ist für alle da
I also find it surreal that members are talking about not marrying idol worshippers, as the pagans who once lived around the early Muslims are now gone.
Which is a Misnomer ^_^
Idol Worship is such a funny term because there is no worshiping of the Idol.
*But look at me once again I quoted you and say something I'm sure you already know*:angel2: