• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mandela Effect

Sees

Dragonslayer
Perhaps the strangest one, not used in the quiz...

The "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get" quote everybody knows who has seen Forrest Gump dozens of times is supposedly - "Life was like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get" o_O:confused::eek:

Baladas

An Págánach
I didn't know the answer for the moon landing question. I got the bears one wrong as well as the building quote. All others I got right. :D

The Vader quote is sort of a peev for me as a recovering Uber Star Wars nerd. lol

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
19/22

--the moon landing question is poorly worded: originally, NASA announced a program of 10 landings (Apollos 11-20), which was reduced by 3 by Congress...and Apollo 13 happened...which reduced the number of actual landings to 6. But then, I was/am a space geek...

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Shame on those 74% of participants for thinking it was "Luke, I am your father." It wouldn't even make any since for Vader to say that given what was going on.
18/22, and I only got one question wrong, the asking about some Kevin Cosner flick that I don't even know the title of or the existence of.

bigvai

In the Everything but the Kitchen Sink forum, in the General Discussion subforum? Unless you have an scripture-related example of the Mandela Effect, it would be off-topic...
You mean to tell me that in this entire forum no one has noticed the supernatural changes to scripture? Amazing!

bigvai

I hardly know where to start....I just knew the religious chat groups would be livid with remarks....

Well anyway, I have four different versions of scripture. KJV, Clear Word, Living Translation, and a Life Application Study Bible. I bought these at the Goodwill, where I look for old and rare books. So the newest Bible is the Life Application Study Bible, with a copyright around 1995 or so the others are from the sixties and seventies.

The magical changes seem to only appear in the 1611 KJV, from what I have been able to observe so far. Like I said before, there are so many I hardly know where to start.

Words like matrix, mufflers, tires, stuff and aliens, just to name a few, are words that where not in 1611 KJV translators repertoire!

How are people forgetting that these words weren't in the 1611 KJV, nor are they challenging the FACT that these words weren't even available to use in 1611. Mind blowing.

Lets look at the foundation of Gods word Gen. 1:1 KJV cause this one gets me the most.

Gen. 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.

Heaven? What heaven would that be?

It should read,

Gen. 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heaven(s) and the earth.

Heaven has ALWAYS been plural in the 1611 KJV. Always until the "mandela effect".

But now, somehow, magically it reads *singular? And a vast majority of Bible reading and studying Christians forgot it read this way? How?

For a moment lets forget about the "mandela effect", and say it was always like that.

Why would the 1611 KJV translators use HEAVEN singular, to describe, the air we breathe(atmosphere) and the sun moon and stars?

That makes no sense. The creation account speaks of more than one heaven. Its a slight on Gods creative power if nothing else.

Now granted, I hold no degrees of knowledge from any university, I am a layman, 3rd generation Christian. However I did attend private Christian school from Kindergarten to the 10th grade where the Bible is taught everyday just like Math or English. So I'm familiar with scripture even if I don't want to be...

The way I committed this scripture to memory is the same way I taught it to my children, Gen. 1:1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Ten words are hard to forget, in any genre, let alone the very first verse in the Bible. Amazing.

I have many more examples but don't want this post to get out of hand.

* A lot of the magical changes to the 1611 KJV that I have seen, have made words that were plural, singular. Dont know what that means?

Shem Ben Noah

INACTIVE
I hardly know where to start....I just knew the religious chat groups would be livid with remarks....

Well anyway, I have four different versions of scripture. KJV, Clear Word, Living Translation, and a Life Application Study Bible. I bought these at the Goodwill, where I look for old and rare books. So the newest Bible is the Life Application Study Bible, with a copyright around 1995 or so the others are from the sixties and seventies....

That's NOT Mandela Effect, that's variations in translations. In fact, 'old and rare' mean nothing in this case. The only thing that matters is if people remember differently than the facts of how things are now. Until we have true Quantum Computers (which isn't that far off, I hope) we can't prove Mandela Effect one way or the other.

Shem Ben Noah

INACTIVE
Bump.

Really don't understand why something this interesting gets so little attention here.

Wait... maybe if we repeat the thread with 'Trump' in the title, it'll get dozens of pages in no time at all... ;)