• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Mainstreaming Of Satanism

Satanic News

[youtube]813DWE9S_UY[/youtube]

Today there is a growing "social movement" stirring up within the Satanic subculture. It is a growing movement made up of a number of small groups of Satanists who are working hard to bring Satanism into the "mainstream," and to have Satanism finally be socially acceptable and respected.

The most visible group of this "movement" is the Satanic Temple with their desire to erect a statue in Oklahoma. Zach Black of the Satanic International Network website has joined forces with the Satanic Temple to actualize this dream of making acceptable and mainstream. And behind them are many Satanists.

In a few years, perhaps a decade from now, when these individuals and groups have accomplished their work, we will one day be able to hold our heads up high in society knowing that we are accepted and respected by the society we are a part of and contribute to.

I think this movement is the greatest thing to happen in Satanism and I believe that any Satanist who doesn't support this cause doesn't know what real Satanism is about.

Hail Satan.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Best wishes in the effort.
(I know it's a rule violation since it isn't a question, but dang it, I just had to say it.)

AnnaCzereda

Oh for ****'s sake! What the hell is happening to this forum? Why are there are so many trolls here? No ******* way to escape stupidity.

jeff77

No ******* way to escape stupidity.
A good way to avoid some human stupidity might be to refrain from reading internet forums and refrain from posting on them ;)

But back to the "mainstreaming of Satanism" - which requires a definition of Satanism and Satanist and won't mean anything unless we can agree on definitions which we won't. So it's either trolling or a plug for some self styled Satanist group. Maybe both.

Satanic News

Everyone who is a Satanist would know what Satanism means to them. Otherwise, why are they Satanists?

Satanism means LaVeyan Satanism as codified by Anton LaVey in the Satanic Bible, Theistic or Spiritual Satanism who believes in Satan, and the individuality based "self styled" Satanists of the world.

It took organizations like the Church of Satan many years to even get Satanism recognized by the IRS. Groups like the Satanic Temple and like minded Satanists carry on the work of institutions like the Church of Satan and Temple of Set. This is real Satanists participating in real activism, and it benefits all of us and Satanism.

Last edited:

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
The Satanic Temple is quite interesting. They're definitely accomplishing something other groups failed to or no longer accomplish. Satan is the adversary, as I'm sure everyone here knows. From an agnostic / atheistic / archetypal / symbolic perspective they're the very embodiment of Satanism. They go hand and hand with things like the musical group Ghost (BC). However, I think individuals like members of the O9A would see them as quite limited. Once you go beyond the fun, in your face, trolling nature of this kind of Satanism (which I'm all for BTW), there's not much substance. It's just show, psychodrama, making a point. It's not really setting out to change oneself or the environment, and in that sense it fails.

Satanic News

However, I think individuals like members of the O9A would see them as quite limited.

I've covered this O9A nonsense in a different thread. There is no proof that ONA exists or that real people are members. David Myatt abandoned his ONA project long ago to become a Muslim. What passes as ONA today; mostly internet kids; haven't done any activism like the Satanic Temple, and haven't done anything productive for Satanism in general.

Some of the clowns behind the so called "mainstreaming" of satanism:

zachandfriends.jpg

Zach of youtube fame is the clown in the black robe with a sword. Not a crowd of people I'd be proud to be affiliated with. They look like D&D enthusiasts, or Ren Fair fanatics.

Take a good look folks, this is where Satanism is headed.

It's also where 'modern satanism' - of the LaVey flavor at least - has come from, isn't it?

LOL... yeah! I forgot about LaVey and his carnival days. What a circus. The sad part is, to him [LaVey] his "Satanism" may have all been tongue-in-cheek fun with dark trappings. But the latter generation of Satanists end up taking it seriously.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
If you can't hold your head high as it is now, especially if you claim to be a Satanist, you have got some serious questions to ask yourself and some deep soul searching to do.

If you take a dump in the woods and nobody hears the grunts, was there a dump taken?

Is reality:

(A) Independent of observation, or
(B) Dependent on observation?

Is qualia [experience]:

(A) Independent of the experiencer, or
(B) Dependent on the experiencer?

Last edited:

Andras

Did they wipe their A S S with a sock- if so which with?

(A) Left foot
(B) Right foot

Did Birds in trees look in question?

(A) Yes
(B) No

AnnaCzereda

Some of the clowns behind the so called "mainstreaming" of satanism:

zachandfriends.jpg

Zach of youtube fame is the clown in the black robe with a sword. Not a crowd of people I'd be proud to be affiliated with. They look like D&D enthusiasts, or Ren Fair fanatics.

Take a good look folks, this is where Satanism is headed.

Hmm... for me they look like a group of friends having fun together.