• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The main reasons I left the Left behind, along with my respect.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
What is inhumane, is the inability of people to solve their own domestic problems without necessitating a need to create new sets of problems for people elsewhere.

It's not like we're a country full of inhumane people, but there are channels that need to be traversed properly that were set up for valid reasons. Primary health and safety concerns come up when strangers approach your door and barge themselves through International borders.

It's not our fault people put themselves in these situations by going the illegal route.

Maybe it's a form of Poetic Justice. Given illegal immigration is systemic enough to capture national attention.

I can just imagine that many native nations here are now saying, "Now you know how we feel".

History repeats itself.
What is it you suggest that these people do to "solve their own domestic problems" exactly? You really think they have that kind of power? You really don't think they'd rather stay in their homeland and lead happy, healthy fulfilling lives and watch their children grow up? That they really enjoyed leaving their homes with next to nothing, trekking across the continent with their children in tow, looking for some place that will take them in? Do you really think people just do that kind of thing for fun? No, they don't. This is what desperate people do. People that fear for their lives and the lives of their children. People that know that if they stay, they will certainly be killed, and maybe if they try to get in the US, their children may have a chance to grow up. Think about that.

You know what I think about when I see this kind of stuff? What immediately comes to my mind are the boatloads of Jewish people that showed up on the shores of North America looking for a safe place where they wouldn't be murdered along with their children. They were sent back where they came from. And then we know what happened to them after that. We should never let such a thing happen again. Not on our watch. Unfortunately, it does appear that history repeats itself. Shame on us.

You might be able to live with treating children like this, but I can't. I do not understand how anyone can have such a callous attitude about the treatment of CHILDREN. Even if you hate their parents and wish them ill will, I have no idea how you can put that on children. I just can't understand this attitude where foreigners are disgusting filth who just want to take advantage of everybody and everything. We're all human beings. We all want basically the same things. The vast majority of us are the descendants of immigrants. My ancestors fled Russia, where they were being persecuted and murdered for their religious beliefs. Had they stayed, I wouldn't be alive today. Think about what you'd do, if you and your children were facing certain death where you live. Think about the lengths you'd go to save your children's lives.

P.S. People who are seeking asylum at the border are not committing a crime.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Now that Trump signed an executive order to keep families together, I'm curious how you guys will spin it. Can't wait!
I think it's bizarre that he had to write an (unnecessary) Executive Order to end his own policy, when he could have just made a phone call. What a hero! :rolleyes:

Last edited:

suncowiam

Now that Trump signed an executive order to keep families together, I'm curious how you guys will spin it. Can't wait!

We'll spin it to suggest that he did the right thing in ending such a horrible policy. Apparently, he had more power than he or his cabinet suggested.

Was that a great spin or what?

How would you spin it? That the left forced everything on him? That he was the victim in this with no power to change anything?

Everything you're accusing others of doing, don't you find hypocritical of yourself?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
We'll spin it to suggest that he did the right thing in ending such a horrible policy. Apparently, he had more power than he or his cabinet suggested.

Was that a great spin or what?

How would you spin it? That the left forced everything on him? That he was the victim in this with no power to change anything?

Everything you're accusing others of doing, don't you find hypocritical of yourself?

That is a nice spin actually: pretending that getting kids locked up for their parents crimes is some improvement over finding the relative/foster placement. It's also a good spin because Trump technically CAN'T do it and if Congress doesn't approve hellh be rightfully sued for imprisoning children like how Obama was sued.

So yes, awesome spin, you didn't disappoint!