• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The main reasons I left the Left behind, along with my respect.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
1. The Trump decapitation. Remember that, when a comedian decapitated a fake Trump? Nobody cared. People defended it by comparing it to the right hanging Obama in the last presidency. Guess what guys, if it's wrong to fake murder a president in one situation it is in all. A rational person would be disgusted at both but no, not the left.when Republicans do it it's morally wrong but when they do it it's a valid statement to be celebrated. There is no morality, only what works for the left at the time.

2. Nothing good can be recognized if it may be tied to Trump. When's the last time ISIL headlined? Did you know unemployment is down especially for minorities? Hey there's a chance the Korean war may end? And what's that you say, the opiod epidemic is finally being addressed? Who cares, Trump can only be tied to evil! It's absolutely absurd. This is so emotional and irrational it's nothing but embarrassing.

3. Let's keep it short - most of the Left didn't give the slightest crap about things like the social work system and kids in it until Trump became involved in a way they could attack. This is DISGUSTING. Some of us have fought long and hard to fix this broken system and tried to do so for OUR OWN CITIZENS. But you didn't care. You didn't care when Obama was keeping children in poor conditions. It's not about morality for you,it's about Trump bashing, and it honestly nauseates me. Sorry, but we know what it is you actually care about guys, why didn't you care before?

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
1. The Trump decapitation. Remember that, when a comedian decapitated a fake Trump? Nobody cared. People defended it by comparing it to the right hanging Obama in the last presidency. Guess what guys, if it's wrong to fake murder a president in one situation it is in all. A rational person would be disgusted at both but no, not the left.when Republicans do it it's morally wrong but when they do it it's a valid statement to be celebrated. There is no morality, only what works for the left at the time.

2. Nothing good can be recognized if it may be tied to Trump. When's the last time ISIL headlined? Did you know unemployment is down especially for minorities? Hey there's a chance the Korean war may end? And what's that you say, the opiod epidemic is finally being addressed? Who cares, Trump can only be tied to evil! It's absolutely absurd. This is so emotional and irrational it's nothing but embarrassing.

3. Let's keep it short - most of the Left didn't give the slightest crap about things like the social work system and kids in it until Trump became involved in a way they could attack. This is DISGUSTING. Some of us have fought long and hard to fix this broken system and tried to do so for OUR OWN CITIZENS. But you didn't care. You didn't care when Obama was keeping children in poor conditions. It's not about morality for you,it's about Trump bashing, and it honestly nauseates me. Sorry, but we know what it is you actually care about guys, why didn't you care before?
Bye. We won't miss you. :p

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

Three paragraphs all based on the false assumption that your generalizations hold true for "the left" in general rather than only a subset thereof. Too bad you didn't take the ten seconds required to recognize that overgeneralizing is a bad idea before spending ten hours writing the OP.

And no, I don't identify with the left myself, for multiple reasons. I just think your OP is rife with overgeneralizations and is largely an emotionally charged partisan tirade rather than a reasoned argument against the left.

HonestJoe

@1137 ;
What did “leaving the left behind” actually entail though? What are you doing and saying differently now? What even is “the left”? I’ve never had the chance to ask of someone who apparently worse the label themselves so please answer as you would then rather than you would now (not that there should be any difference).

Quetzal

A little to the left and slightly out of focus.
Premium Member
The main reasons I left the Left Right behind, along with my respect.
They locked children in a detention center for political gain. Nothing more needs to be said.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
1) Never heard of this incident. Never having heard of it doesn't equate to not caring. If this story is true, yeah, that's disgusting.

2) Not true. The politically savvy don't credit a president with much of anything in of themselves, because in of themselves, they're not responsible; they're one of several responsible parties (except for things like executive orders). With the economy in particular, many overplay the impact a president has on it and when those impacts take place. Plus, many folks look at the big picture. The giant pile of WTF gives us a long list of things to complain about, and that greatly overshadows benign or positive things that are going on.

3) Not true. Most of the folks in my social circle are left leaning, and I can't think of one of them for whom this is true. Each person has causes that they are particularly passionate about. Most of the folks I float with have some sort of social welfare issue front and center, which includes things like the services provided by social workers (as well as things like health care, mental health care, SNAP, income inequality, labor rights, social security, etc).

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
They locked children in a detention center for political gain. Nothing more needs to be said.

Covered this:

"You didn't care when Obama was keeping children in poor conditions. It's not about morality for you,it's about Trump bashing, and it honestly nauseates me"

David1967

Premium Member

I don't agree with separating children from parents as is being done, but that didn't start under the current President, and it is being addressed. And I predict will be corrected shortly.

David1967

Premium Member

I'm not going to attack my left leaning friends, but this part I do agree with.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Covered this:

"You didn't care when Obama was keeping children in poor conditions. It's not about morality for you,it's about Trump bashing, and it honestly nauseates me"
You covered it poorly by trying to draw an abstract connection that doesn't exist. Nice try.

Quetzal

Premium Member
I don't agree with separating children from parents as is being done, but that didn't start under the current President, and it is being addressed. And I predict will be corrected shortly.
David, I am happy you are here. The simple acknowledgement of wrong doing, despite political alignment, is a welcomed breath of fresh air.

Milton Platt

I think you need to not generalize so broadly about everyone who is left of center (wherever that happens to be today). Also, the Obama administration established detention centers to Keep families together, but the courts ruled that they violated the Flores Act.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

Don't expect liberal Democrats to change their spots, simply because they are incapable of doing anything right that would benefit the whole of the American people on the domestic front without resorting to robbing Peter to pay Paul and creating political dependency.

Quetzal

Premium Member
Don't expect liberal Democrats to change their spots, simply because they are incapable of doing anything right that would benefit the whole of the American people on the domestic front without resorting to robbing Peter to pay Paul and creating political dependency.
Unlike the GOP who only benefit the American people who are white and straight? I'll take my chances.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It would help if you had photos of sad little kids Behind Bars eating bread and water. Maybe have Sally Struthers narrate if you ask nice.

Here's a bipartisan idea, since the left likes handcuffing little kids who already live here and dragging them off in police cars for processing, you can then hand them off to the right and they can stay in the Detention Center with the illegals so they can talk to each other How Great America is.