• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lucy show Lucille Ball

JIMMY12345

Watch one episode on YouTube. The old ones are the best.Your parents would have watched in the 60's
ITS JUST SO FUNNY!!!!
Lucille Ball plays Ms Carmichael whose husband passed away.She has a banker Mr Moody to help with finance let in the will of her husband.
The scripts are witty and inspired.The episodes also tell a story line.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
I used to watch that show fairly frequently.

I really loved it for awhile, but got bored with it after some time; it seemed the plot and resolutions were too similar.

Last edited:

pearl

From the 'I love Lucy' weekly programs and the extended spinoff's they were a favorite.
Has anybody seen the movie 'The Longest Trailer'?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I watched it as a kid. But it's hard to take
because of so much humor based upon
trying to hide or avoid something.

BTW, Lucille Ball was a driving force behind
Star Trek (STTOS). Kudos to her. She was
also in at least one 3 Stooges short.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Anybody who was ever a fan of the show would probably like this movie:

I like it a lot. I thought the actors did a great job of portraying Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz.

It gives you a good idea of the impact Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball and Desilu productions had on the TV entertainment industry.

Something that stood out for me was what an epic struggle it must have been to pitch the idea of a 'mixed ethnicity' couple back in the 50s, something I don't think any of us gave a second thought to while watching the show as kids.

Last edited:

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
Watch one episode on YouTube. The old ones are the best.Your parents would have watched in the 60's
ITS JUST SO FUNNY!!!!
Lucille Ball plays Ms Carmichael whose husband passed away.She has a banker Mr Moody to help with finance let in the will of her husband.
The scripts are witty and inspired.The episodes also tell a story line.
I like all of Lucy's old series though I Love Lucy is my all-time favorite, the brilliance of that cast has rarely been matched. If you enjoy The Lucy Show, you'll want to watch the series that came afterward, Here's Lucy. Desi Jr. and Lucie played her kids in the series though Desi Jr. left after the 3rd season to try his luck in film.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
She was personally a fervent advocate for the show.
True, the board of directors bucked her every step of the way especially after the original pilot failed. Though Desi was a brilliant businessman and producer in his own right. He came up with the 3-camera system for shooting TV and saved Lucy's arse when Senator McCarthy had her in his crosshairs during the Red Scare. And his orchestra was awesome (he was a real band leader), I long for the day someone remasters their recordings.