• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
God only gives His Spirit to those who believe and obey His Words (see Acts 5:32; Acts 3:19).

Very clear… you work to "obey” to receive the Holy Spirit - a clear violation of Galatians 3. Gal 3 say “believe” - and not by works

God does not give His Spirit to those who do not believe and obey His Words. I believe and obey His Words and walk in His Spirit (Galatians 5:16; 2 Corinthians 5:7; John 6:63)

Again… believe “yes” - you could use “obey in receiving the gift of Jesus” and then work out your salvation - believe first and then work and not work first and then receive. (not of works lest any man should boast.)

Did Peter completely obey?

3rdAngel

Very clear… you work to "obey” to receive the Holy Spirit - a clear violation of Galatians 3. Gal 3 say “believe” - and not by works
Are you bearing false witness now Kenny after I clarified to you exactly what I believe?
Again… believe “yes” - you could use “obey in receiving the gift of Jesus” and then work out your salvation - believe first and then work and not work first and then receive. (not of works lest any man should boast.)
Ok where did I ever post here that you have to do works of the law first before you believe? (link please). If I never made those claims and specifically told you exactly what I believe in post # 3353 linked; why are you pretending that I believe something I told you that I do not believe? Also if doing what Gods Word says is a part of believing and having saving faith then what is your argument? You have none now do you because that is what I already posted to you the first time. Can you see your mistake here now Kenny?

Take Care.

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Are you bearing false witness now Kenny after I clarified to you exactly what I believe?

Ok where did I ever post here that you have to do works of the law first before you believe? (link please). If I never made those claims and specifically told you exactly what I believe in post # 3353 linked; why are you pretending that I believe something I told you that I do not believe? Also if doing what Gods Word says is a part of believing and having saving faith then what is your argument? You have none now do you. Can you see your mistake here now Kenny?

Take Care.

Sooo…. still no answers or responses to my questions… got it!

I pointed out your “works” to receive the Holy Spirit and yet I received the Holy Spirit by faith and grace. Now that I have the Holy Spirit, He has empowered me to destroy the works of the devil

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Sooo…. still no answers or responses to my questions… got it!

I pointed out your “works” to receive the Holy Spirit and yet I received the Holy Spirit by faith and grace. Now that I have the Holy Spirit, He has empowered me to destroy the works of the devil
Kenny you are not being truthful now. You did not point out my works to receive the Holy Spirit at all. Please post me a link and if I have never said these things why pretend that I have?

All I posted to you were scriptures showing that no one receives Gods Spirit without repentance of sin and believing and obeying what Gods Word says. That is what Gods Words (not mine) says through the scriptures and they seem to have hit a nerve with you.

Again according to the scriptures no one receives Gods Spirit or forgiveness of their sins if they do not repent of their sins and obey Gods Word. Obeying Gods Word is not separate from faith. Obeying Gods Word is the fruit of someone that believes Gods Word and has saving faith.

According to the scriptures genuine faith obeys what Gods Word says. Anything else is the dead faith of devils according to James in James 2:10-11 and those who have that faith will be lost according to Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23. Here you go Kenny perhaps you just need the scriptures posted out in full so you can see that your building your house on sifting sand.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said to them, REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED EVERY ONE OF YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE THE HOLY GHOST.

Act 3:19 REPENT YOU THEREFORE, AND BE CONVERTED, THAT YOUR SINS MAY BE BLOTTED OUT, WHEN THE TIMES OF REFRESHING SHALL COME FROM THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD.

Acts 5:32 32, And we are his witnesses of these things; and SO IS ALSO THE HOLY GHOST, WHOM GOD HAS GIVEN TO THEM THAT OBEY HIM.

If you do not repent of your sins Kenny (sin is defined in the scriptures as breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments and not believing and obeying what Gods Word says) you cannot even receive Gods forgiveness of sins let alone receive the Holy Spirit because you do not have saving faith. If you claim to believe what Gods Word says and do not do what Gods Word says all you have is the dead faith of devils and you will be lost because you are still in your sins.

Act 8:22 REPENT THEREFORE OF THIS WICKEDNESS, and pray God, if PERHAPS THE THOUGHT OF YOUR HEART MAY BE FORGIVEN YOU.

Matthew 7:21-23 21, Not every one that said to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT HE THAT DOES THE WILL OF MY FATHER THAT IS IN HEAVEN. 22, Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name? and in your name have cast out devils? and in your name done many wonderful works? 23, And then will I WILL PROFESS UNTO THEM DEPART FROM ME YOU WHO SIN I NEVER KNEW YOU.

Again saving faith believes and obeys what Gods Word says and Gods salvation is conditional on us believing and doing what Gods Word says Kenny. Anything else is the dead faith of devils.

James 2:19-24 19, YOU BELIEVE THAT THERE IS ONE GOD; YOU DO WELL: THE DEVILS ALSO BELIEVE, AND TREMBLE. 20, But will you know, O vain man, that FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD? 21, Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22, See you how FAITH WORKED WITH HIS WORKS, AND BY WORKS WAS FAITH MADE PERFECT? 23, And the scripture was fulfilled which said, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed to him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. 24, YOU SEE THEN HOW THAT BY WORKS A MAN IS JUSTIFIED, AND NOT BY FAITH ONLY.

Kenny, according to the scriptures, if we believe Gods Word but do not do what Gods Word says all we have is the dead faith of devils. Genuine saving faith believes Gods Word and leads us to do what Gods Word says. According to the scriptures above if we do not repent of your sins we will be lost in our sins. Can you see your mistake here Kenny? The above are Gods Words Kenny not mine. Do you believe them? I prefer what the scriptures say. Don't you?

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Kenny you are not being truthful now.

LOL… that’s funny
You did not point out my works to receive the Holy Spirit at all. Please post me a link and if I have never said these things why pretend that I have?
I only answered what you said. It’s up to you to decide what works is “good enough” since you are law oriented.
All I posted to you were scriptures showing that no one receives Gods Spirit without repentance of sin and believing and obeying what Gods Word sayseiv.

There you go again. You have to “obey with works” to receive the Holy Spirit. And I thought 1 Cor 6:17 simply said 17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

That is Gods Words (not mine) says through the scriptures and and they seem to have hit a nerve with you.

exactly…but look how you go haywire with a simple subject.

Again according to the scriptures no one receives Gods Spirit or forgiveness of their sins if they do not repent of their sins and obey Gods Word. Obeying Gods Word is not separate from faith. Obeying Gods Word is the fruit of someone that believes Gods Word and has saving faith.

According to the scriptures genuine faith obeys what Gods Word says. Anything else is the dead faith of devils according to James in James 2:10-11 and those who have that faith will be lost according to Jesus in Matthew 7:21-23. Here you go Kenny perhaps you just need the scriptures posted out in full so you can see that your building your house on sifting sand.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said to them, REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED EVERY ONE OF YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE THE HOLY GHOST.

Act 3:19 REPENT YOU THEREFORE, AND BE CONVERTED, THAT YOUR SINS MAY BE BLOTTED OUT, WHEN THE TIMES OF REFRESHING SHALL COME FROM THE PRESENCE OF THE LORD.

Now… I see repentance there…. where is “works” listed?

Acts 5:32 32, And we are his witnesses of these things; and SO IS ALSO THE HOLY GHOST, WHOM GOD HAS GIVEN TO THEM THAT OBEY HIM.

OK… look at context… what part of “obeying” was he refering to?

I didn’t answer the rest of your rambling because I figured I hit a nerve.

3rdAngel

LOL… that’s funny
Its not a funny thing to deny the scriptures Kenny. They are Gods Words not mine. So I will leave that between you and God.
I only answered what you said. It’s up to you to decide what works is “good enough” since you are law oriented.
All I posted to you were scriptures showing that no one receives Gods Spirit without repentance of sin and believing and obeying what Gods Word says. That is what Gods Words (not mine) says through the scriptures and and they seem to have hit a nerve with you. Why is that?
There you go again. You have to “obey with works” to receive the Holy Spirit. And I thought 1 Cor 6:17 simply said 17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.
You only show here with your words denying what Gods Word if you think that all you have to do is believe without doing what Gods Word says you do not have saving faith and have the dead faith of devils described by James in James 2:19-26 and do not know what genuine saving faith is. We are only joined to the Lord as one Spirit if we believe and obey what Gods Word says according to the scriptures.
exactly…but look how you go haywire with a simple subject.
How is that exactly Kenny? Prove to me from the scriptures that you deny that we can have saving faith be believing but not doing what Gods Word asks us to do. James in James 2:19-26 describes that kind of faith as the dead faith of devils. Do you really believe you we can have saving faith Kenny by believing and not doing what Gods Word asks us to do? If you read those scriptures I posted to you in the last post you would see the if we genuinely believe Gods Word we will do what Gods Word asks us to do. Obedience to Gods Word is the fruit of someone that has genuine saving faith. Anything less according to James is the dead faith of devils. Can you see your mistake here Kenny?
Now… I see repentance there…. where is “works” listed?
You did not know that repentance is a choice of free will that we must choose to make and an action that we must choose to do Kenny as we have faith in Gods Word?
OK… look at context… what part of “obeying” was he refering to?
Context of Acts 5 does not change the meaning of Acts 5:32 that says "And we are his witnesses of these things; and SO IS ALSO THE HOLY GHOST, WHOM GOD HAS GIVEN TO THEM THAT OBEY HIM. The context here is obedience to God over the obedience to man Read Acts 5:29 29, Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, WE OUGHT TO OBEY GOD RATHER THAN MAN. Context agrees with all the other scriptures already posted to you in the last post. No one receives Gods Spirit if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says.
I didn’t answer the rest of your rambling because I figured I hit a nerve.
Did you? I did not notice because unlike you, no nerve was hit my end and sharing Gods Word with you that is in disagreement with you is not rambling. I have only shared the scriptures with you in my last posts as a help for you. Can you see your mistakes now Kenny? Genuine saving faith believes and obeys what Gods Word says. If you believe but do not obey what Gods Word says according to James 2:19-26 all you have is the dead faith of devils who will be lost when Jesus returns (see Matthew 7:21-23). I am sure you do not want that do you?

Last edited:

Kenny

Premium Member
Its not a funny thing to deny the scriptures Kenny. They are Gods Words not mine. So I will leave that between you and God.

That’s what I thought when I shared Galatians Chapters 3 & 1. It’s between you and God.

All I posted to you were scriptures showing that no one receives Gods Spirit without repentance of sin and believing and obeying what Gods Word says. That is what Gods Words (not mine) says through the scriptures and and they seem to have hit a nerve with you. Why is that?

You only show here with your words denying what Gods Word if you think that all you have to do is believe without doing what Gods Word says you do not have saving faith and have the dead faith of devils described by James in James 2:19-26 and do not know what genuine saving faith is. We are only joined to the Lord as one Spirit if we believe and obey what Gods Word says according to the scriptures.

How is that exactly Kenny? Prove to me from the scriptures that you deny that we can have saving faith be believing but not doing what Gods Word asks us to do. James in James 2:19-26 describes that kind of faith as the dead faith of devils. Do you really believe you we can have saving faith Kenny by believing and not doing what Gods Word asks us to do? If you read those scriptures I posted to you in the last post you would see the if we genuinely believe Gods Word we will do what Gods Word asks us to do. Obedience to Gods Word is the fruit of someone that has genuine saving faith. Anything less according to James is the dead faith of devils. Can you see your mistake here Kenny?

You did not know that repentance is a choice of free will that we must choose to make and an action that we must choose to do Kenny as we have faith in Gods Word?

Context of Acts 5 does not change the meaning of Acts 5:32 that says "And we are his witnesses of these things; and SO IS ALSO THE HOLY GHOST, WHOM GOD HAS GIVEN TO THEM THAT OBEY HIM. The context here is obedience to God over the obedience to man Read Acts 5:29 29, Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, WE OUGHT TO OBEY GOD RATHER THAN MAN. Context agrees with all the other scriptures already posted to you in the last post. No one receives Gods Spirit if they do not believe and obey what Gods Word says.

Did you? I did not notice because unlike you, no nerve was hit my end and sharing Gods Word with you that is in disagreement with you is not rambling. I have only shared the scriptures with you in my last posts as a help for you. Can you see your mistakes now Kenny? Genuine saving faith believes and obeys what Gods Word says. If you believe but do not obey what Gods Word says according to James 2:19-26 all you have is the dead faith of devils who will be lost when Jesus returns (see Matthew 7:21-23). I am sure you do not want that do you?
Did you notice you didn’t answer my question?

I did

3rdAngel

That’s what I thought when I shared Galatians Chapters 3 & 1. It’s between you and God.

Did you notice you didn’t answer my question?

I did
You are deflecting Kenny. It is you not answering my questions. Be honest. Scripture disagrees with your definition of faith and says it is the dead faith of devils and not the saving faith of the bible that leads to Gods grace and forgiveness of sin and the gift of Gods Spirit.

Kenny

Premium Member
You are deflecting Kenny. It is you not answering my questions. Be honest. Scripture disagrees with your definition of faith and says it is the dead faith of devils and not the saving faith of the bible that leads to Gods grace and forgiveness of sin and the gift of Gods Spirit.
right…….

Come to think of it, you never answered any of my questions.
'
And you say “I’m deflecting”?

Brian2

Veteran Member
All I posted to you were scriptures showing that no one receives Gods Spirit without repentance of sin and believing and obeying what Gods Word says. That is what Gods Words (not mine) says through the scriptures and they seem to have hit a nerve with you.

In the scriptures you posted, obedience is to repent and believe. You are adding "obeying what God's Word says" as if it meant something else.

Acts 2:38 has baptism as part of the obedience but that is not a work of the law and in Acts 10 Cornelius and his family received the Holy Spirit before being baptised as did the apostles at the start.
In Matt 7:21-23 the people whom Jesus does not know have believed and probably repented and have received the Holy Spirit already but are not following through in their walk with Jesus. And this walk with Jesus is not doing works of the law, but obeying the commands of Jesus, to love God and our neighbour.
You can make "loving God and our neighbour" mean to obey the Law of Moses if you like, but the truth is that those who do not keep the letter of the Law of Moses can fulfil the law which has been written in their hearts, through their love for their neighbour and God.
You might wonder how someone can love God by not obeying the Law of Moses and really that is understandable and many Jewish Christians have seen things like that and wanted to convince Gentile Christians about the law also, saying that they must be circumcised and obey the law, as Acts 15 tells us, but the decision for the Gentile Christians was that they were not under the Law of Moses and so did not have to obey it's rules. What those Gentile Christians were told to do was so that the Jewish Christians could feel as if they could fellowship with the Gentile Christians.

Kenny

Premium Member
In the scriptures you posted, obedience is to repent and believe. You are adding "obeying what God's Word says" as if it meant something else.

That was exactly my point… but he didn’t want to answer the question of what “obey” meant in those scriptures.

3rdAngel

right…….

Come to think of it, you never answered any of my questions.
'
And you say “I’m deflecting”?
What question do you think I did not answer of yours and how does it change anything I have shared from you from the scripture? Yes you are deflecting because the scriptures teach that no one receives Gods Spirit or forgiveness of sins without believing Gods Word and doing what Gods Word says. If you believe Gods Word but do not do what Gods Word says James says all you have is the dead faith of devils and not saving faith that leads us to do what Gods Word says.

3rdAngel

Acts 2:38 has baptism as part of the obedience but that is not a work of the law and in Acts 10 Cornelius and his family received the Holy Spirit before being baptised as did the apostles at the start.
In Matt 7:21-23 the people whom Jesus does not know have believed and probably repented and have received the Holy Spirit already but are not following through in their walk with Jesus. And this walk with Jesus is not doing works of the law, but obeying the commands of Jesus, to love God and our neighbour.
You can make "loving God and our neighbour" mean to obey the Law of Moses if you like, but the truth is that those who do not keep the letter of the Law of Moses can fulfil the law which has been written in their hearts, through their love for their neighbour and God.
You might wonder how someone can love God by not obeying the Law of Moses and really that is understandable and many Jewish Christians have seen things like that and wanted to convince Gentile Christians about the law also, saying that they must be circumcised and obey the law, as Acts 15 tells us, but the decision for the Gentile Christians was that they were not under the Law of Moses and so did not have to obey it's rules. What those Gentile Christians were told to do was so that the Jewish Christians could feel as if they could fellowship with the Gentile Christians.
No in the scriptures I post to believe Gods Word and to do what Gods Word says. You have it back the front. Obedience to Gods Word is the fruit of someone that has genuine faith. Repentance of sin is the fruit of someone that has genuine saving faith and not the dead faith of devils according to the scriptures (James 2:15-26)

Brian2

Veteran Member
No in the scriptures I post to believe Gods Word and to do what Gods Word says. You have it back the front. Obedience to Gods Word is the fruit of someone that has genuine faith. Repentance of sin is the fruit of someone that has becoming a Christiangenuine saving faith and not the dead faith of devils according to the scriptures (James 2:15-26)

Receiving the Spirit and becoming a Christian is a matter of obedience to God's Word, iow, to believe and repent. This obedience is a matter of faith and not of works of the law.
And yes, a living faith obeys the Lord and a dead faith has no obedience. However it is not up to you to decide when a person's faith is dead.

3rdAngel

3rdAngel said: No in the scriptures I post to believe Gods Word and to do what Gods Word says. You have it back the front. Obedience to Gods Word is the fruit of someone that has genuine faith. Repentance of sin is the fruit of someone that has become a Christian and has genuine saving faith and not the dead faith of devils according to the scriptures (James 2:15-26)
Your response here..
Receiving the Spirit and becoming a Christian is a matter of obedience to God's Word, iow, to believe and repent. This obedience is a matter of faith and not of works of the law. And yes, a living faith obeys the Lord and a dead faith has no obedience. However it is not up to you to decide when a person's faith is dead.
You do not seem to be able to understand what is being posted to you. Read what you are responding to before posting. I have never once said that you must obey Gods Word before believing what Gods Word says. So please do not pretend I am saying things I have never said or believe. We have to believe what Gods Word says before we can do what Gods Word says right?

Kenny

Premium Member
No in the scriptures I post to believe Gods Word and to do what Gods Word says. You have it back the front. Obedience to Gods Word is the fruit of someone that has genuine faith. Repentance of sin is the fruit of someone that has genuine saving faith and not the dead faith of devils according to the scriptures (James 2:15-26)
Galatians 3 and 1

Kenny

Premium Member
So Kenny you believe saving faith believes but does not do what Gods Word says?
I believe you receive the Holy Spirit by faith and grace Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

After you receive the Holy Spirit, you are anointed to do good works and you are empowered to follow the Word of God.

If not, 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

You are made perfect by the Spirit and not by your flesh. Anything else is a perversion and troublesome of the Gospel:

1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

I believe the Word of God and follow it in obedience.

3rdAngel

I believe you receive the Holy Spirit by faith and grace Galatians 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?

After you receive the Holy Spirit, you are anointed to do good works and you are empowered to follow the Word of God.

If not, 3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?

You are made perfect by the Spirit and not by your flesh. Anything else is a perversion and troublesome of the Gospel:

1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

I believe the Word of God and follow it in obedience.
You really did not answer the question Kenny. I asked you do you believe saving faith believes but does not do what Gods Word says? Or do you believe that saving faith believes Gods Word which leads us to obey what Gods Word says? No one has ever said to you that we are saved by doing good works so please do not pretend that any one has said this to you especially after I expressing posted to you exactly what I believe here.

Let me give you a scripture example as an example so there is no confusion or misunderstanding of what I am posting here ok? Acts 2:38 Peter please to the Jews who were listening to Him and says to them.......

Acts 2:38 38, Then Peter said unto them, REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED EVERY ONE OF YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS AND YOU SHALL RECEIVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST.

From the scripture above we are told
1. REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED everyone of us in the name of Jesus Christ
2. If we repent of our sins and are baptized in the name of Jesus Christ this will lead to the remission (forgiveness) of sins
3. If we repent and are baptized and receive Gods forgiveness of sins we will receive the gift of Gods Holy Spirit.
Now tell me Kenny if I believe this scripture is Gods Word how do I show my faith in Gods Word here? What is genuine saving faith or the dead faith of devils?

1. Do you believe that genuine saving faith believes Gods Word but does not do what Gods Word says (no repentance, no baptism, no forgiveness) and we can then receive the Holy Ghost?

2. Do you believe that genuine saving faith believes Gods Word and obeys what Gods Word says? For example I show my faith in Gods Word by believing what Gods Word says and by repenting of my sins and getting baptized in the name of Jesus for forgiveness of sins so that I will then receive Gods Spirit?

Take a moment to think the above through. According to the scripture above receiving Gods Spirit is conditional that we first believe what Gods Word says and acting on our faith. That is if we believe what Gods Word says we will repent of our sins and be baptized in the name of Jesus for remission of sins so that we can then receive Gods Spirit as shown in the scriptures above.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Last edited: