• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

Oeste

You say "The historic Christian church doesn't claims the Lord's day is Sunday. The Lord's day is ressurrection day, not "Sunday". It falls on a Sunday because Jesus rose on the first day of the week". That is literally the same thing.
Let's look at this again, because pointing out the same thing, over and over again, is getting a bit tiring.

You continuously make statements you think you haven't made. I show you where you made them. Then you claim you never made them at all.

SO...

I state the Lord's day is resurrection day, not Sunday. It fall on a Sunday because Jesus rose on the first day of the week.

YOU state "THAT IS LITERALLY THE SAME THING". You are referring to 1st day and Sunday.

What do I state? Well let's take a look:

The first day of the week and Sunday are not "literally the same thing". This is your claim, but it is a claim based on culture and certainly not one based on the bible.​

I point out to you that Sunday and the "first day of the week" are not "literally the same thing". And what do you state?

You state the following:

No it is not my claim at all. You keep saying things I do not say or believe. That is being dishonest and bearing false witness

Which is amazing, because you just told us that you do believe the first day and Sunday are the same.

In my last post I showed two other occassions where you claim to have not made certain statement that you actually made. I am not going to debate you on this 3rdangel, because your contrarian statements speaks for itself.

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
SUNDAY WORSHIP IS NOT THE LORD'S DAY

The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question
  • WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
  • ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.
  • EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK.

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day".

May God bless you as you seek Him through His Word.
It's in Scriptural Debates. I know Scripures where God gives Thursday as being "Lords Day". It just proves to me that the Lord is less judgmental than His ground personnel

3rdAngel

Let's look at this again, because pointing out the same thing, over and over again, is getting a bit tiring.

You continuously make statements you think you haven't made. I show you where you made them. Then you claim you never made them at all.

SO...

I state the Lord's day is resurrection day, not Sunday. It fall on a Sunday because Jesus rose on the first day of the week.

YOU state "THAT IS LITERALLY THE SAME THING". You are referring to 1st day and Sunday.

What do I state? Well let's take a look:

I point out to you that Sunday and the "first day of the week" are not "literally the same thing". And what do you state?

You state the following:

Which is amazing, because you just told us that you do believe the first day and Sunday are the same.

In my last post I showed two other occassions where you claim to have not made certain statement that you actually made. I am not going to debate you on this 3rdangel, because your contrarian statements speaks for itself.
No thanks. I responded to what you have said the first time. There is nothing that you have said or posted that is biblical or supported by the scriptures. I am not posting again just to have you ignore and not respond to all the posts and scriptures that are in disagreement with you again just to have you repeat yourself. You can ignore Gods Word if you want to. That is between you and God, but Gods Word does not teach false teachings of lawlessness. Let me know when you want to address the OP. Until then lets agree to disagree.

Oeste

Sorry, but I stand by my post because it makes perfect sense.

The first day of the week and Sunday are not "literally the same thing".

The days of the week as referred to in the Torah are found on the Jewish calendar. They begin and end at Sundown. The first day of the week Biblically refers to Saturday sundown to Sunday sundown, or roughly, Sunday. The seventh day in the Bible corresponds to Friday sundown to Saturday sundown, or roughly, Saturday.

Okay... let go through this, one step at a time.

The days of the week as referred to in the Torah are found on the Jewish calendar.

That is correct. The days were numbered from 1st day to 7th day, with the 7th as a named day, the Sabbath.

They begin and end at Sundown

That is also correct. Many people forget this, but it's important, as we'll see in a moment.

The first day of the week Biblically refers to Saturday sundown to Sunday sundown, or roughly, Sunday.

No, and this is where you and 3rdAngel err. Our biblical first day is not "literally" or "roughly, Sunday".

Let's say I'm in New York, and I have a day calendar on my desk. My SECULAR calendar has a big fat "Saturday 9/23/23" on it. Saturday is the day after Friday, and Friday ended the second after 11:59:59 pm, or a t midnight. Saturday will run for exactly 24 hours or 1440 minutes and end at the next midnight. Then Sunday begins.

But if I am using a biblical calendar, the 7th day occurred at sunset of what was Friday on my calendar. The sun set at 6:42 pm on Friday, which introduces a new 7th day on my biblical calendar, while it is still Friday on my secular. When the clock strikes 12 midnight, my biblical calendar will tell me I am 318 minutes (roughly 5 hours) into Saturday, while my secular clock tells me my time into Saturday is 00:00.

Also, if it's 12 midnight, my biblical calendar tells me that my 7th day will end at sunset, 6:51 pm, or 1131 minutes into the future. while my secular calendar tells me Saturday doesn't end until 12 midnight, or 1440 minutes into the future. My biblical and secular day are off by 5 hours and 9 minutes. That's a huge difference which means they are not "literally" or "roughly" the same.

Lastly, as you've already stated, a biblical day runs sunset to sunset. That means the sun will set differently depending on where we are and the season. To give another example, if we are in New York, the sun will set about 5 hours and 50 minutes sooner on December 23rd than it did on the same day in June. The length of our secular Sunday will remain constant, while the length of our biblical 1st day will bounce up and down with the time of sunset.

3rdAngel

The days of the week as referred to in the Torah are found on the Jewish calendar.

That is correct. The days were numbered from 1st day to 7th day, with the 7th as a named day, the Sabbath.

That is also correct. Many people forget this, but it's important, as we'll see in a moment.

The first day of the week Biblically refers to Saturday sundown to Sunday sundown, or roughly, Sunday.

No, and this is where you and 3rdAngel err. Our biblical first day is not "literally" or "roughly, Sunday".

Let's say I'm in New York, and I have a day calendar on my desk. My SECULAR calendar has a big fat "Saturday 9/23/23" on it. Saturday is the day after Friday, and Friday ended the second after 11:59:59 pm, or a t midnight. Saturday will run for exactly 24 hours or 1440 minutes and end at the next midnight. Then Sunday begins.

But if I am using a biblical calendar, the 7th day occurred at sunset of what was Friday on my calendar. The sun set at 6:42 pm on Friday, which introduces a new 7th day on my biblical calendar, while it is still Friday on my secular. When the clock strikes 12 midnight, my biblical calendar will tell me I am 318 minutes (roughly 5 hours) into Saturday, while my secular clock tells me my time into Saturday is 00:00.

Also, if it's 12 midnight, my biblical calendar tells me that my 7th day will end at sunset, 6:51 pm, or 1131 minutes into the future. while my secular calendar tells me Saturday doesn't end until 12 midnight, or 1440 minutes into the future. My biblical and secular day are off by 5 hours and 9 minutes. That's a huge difference which means they are not "literally" or "roughly" the same.

Lastly, as you've already stated, a biblical day runs sunset to sunset. That means the sun will set differently depending on where we are and the season. To give another example, if we are in New York, the sun will set about 5 hours and 50 minutes sooner on December 23rd than it did on the same day in June. The length of our secular Sunday will remain constant, while the length of our biblical 1st day will bounce up and down with the time of sunset.
No thanks. I responded to what you have said the first time and you are not reading or responding to what has been shared with you from the scriptures already that are in disagreement with you. There is nothing that you have said or posted that is biblical or supported by the scriptures. I am not posting again just to have you ignore and not respond to all the posts and scriptures that are in disagreement with you again just to have you repeat yourself. You can ignore Gods Word if you want to. That is between you and God, but Gods Word does not teach false teachings of lawlessness. Let me know when you want to address the OP. Until then lets agree to disagree.

Last edited:

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Lots of tadoo about nothing. What I said, was that teh Sabbath begins Friday night at sundown and ends the next evening, "or roughly Saturday." You seem to be taking issue with my use of the word "roughly." To which I reply, oh well. I stand by what I said. Roughly means just that: roughly. Not precisely.

3rdAngel

Lots of tadoo about nothing. What I said, was that teh Sabbath begins Friday night at sundown and ends the next evening, "or roughly Saturday." You seem to be taking issue with my use of the word "roughly." To which I reply, oh well. I stand by what I said. Roughly means just that: roughly. Not precisely.
Yes a day in Gods time starts with the darkness of night first followed by the day and daylight second. So the bible Sabbath (seventh day of the week) our time today would be Friday sunset and finish on Saturday sunset (Genesis 1:5). I do not know why that poster thinks no one understands this despite being told many times now.

IndigoChild5559

Yes a day in Gods time starts with the darkness of night first followed by the day and daylight second. So the bible Sabbath (seventh day of the week) our time today would be Friday sunset and finish on Saturday sunset (Genesis 1:5). I do not know why that poster thinks no one understands this despite being told many times now.
I was surprised that he took issue with my use of the word "roughly."

Oeste

No thanks.
That is completely understandable my friend, but it doesn't change the fact that the first day biblically is not equal to our first day secularly. As you know, Sunday is our secular first day, but there is no “biblical” Sunday because Sunday doesn't appear in anyone's bible. So no one is going to be able to show that the Lord's Day is Sunday anymore than anyone can show that the Sabbath Day is Saturday...at least not from the bible.

Yes, I am taking issue with your word roughly, but only because they are not "roughly" equal. A biblical day is SUNSET To SUNSET. It's based on an observation. So if the sun doesn't set, biblically, no day has passed.

Yes a day in Gods time starts with the darkness of night first followed by the day and daylight second.
Absolutely correct. It's based on the observation of darkness and light.

So the bible Sabbath (seventh day of the week) our time today would be Friday sunset and finish on Saturday sunset (Genesis 1:5). I do not know why that poster thinks no one understands this despite being told many times now.

Being told something "many times" doesn't make something true, but I do agree Sabbath is sunset to sunset. But even if a sunset starts on a secular Friday, it doesn't mean if ends on a secular Saturday. That's because a bible day doesn't mean a secular day.

I was surprised that he took issue with my use of the word "roughly."

I understand the surprise IndigoChild5558 just as I understand 3rdAngel's "No thanks" and commentary.

But I think we have a few more surprises in store.

Look, we ALL agree that the biblical "day" in discussion is relatively specific: it's one that starts from sunset to sunset. We may not all agree on when "sunset" starts exactly, but we all agree it starts at sunset. The PREVIOUS day was the LAST sunset, and the NEXT day doesn't start until the NEXT SUNSET.

That's the BIBLICAL standard we are using, so it is to this BIBLICAL STANDARD we will hold.

If not, please go up and read what you have posted to me again so that we won't have any QUESTIONS about this biblical standard later. I fear some, but certainly not 3rdAngel or IndigoChild5559, might attempt to change this later.

So yes, LIGHT AND DARK are absolutely ESSENTIAL, just as IndigoChild5559 and 3rdAngel have described. They are the two components that make up a biblical "day". I have no problem with the biblical standard.

But they both claim our SECULAR day is nearly", or "roughly" equivalent to a BIBLICAL day. This is simply NOT true. Why? Because the Biblical day is based on a different standard than that of our SECULAR day. Our secular deviates vastly from the biblical standard. This is not intuitive to many, but I think a simple thought experiment and illustration will help.

Jerusalem

We are pilgrims newly introduced to the Sabbath. In fact, we are sitting in a coffee shop in Jerusalem, eager to celebrate the coming Sabbath with two calendars in hand. Our 1st calendar is labeled BIBLICAL and resets with each BIBLICAL day. The other is labeled SECULAR and resets with each SECULAR day. Both have a big fat number 1 on them, because they both agree this is day one. We can illustrate this here:

BIBLICAL Calendar
Secular Calendar
Day 1 (first day)​
Day 1 (Sunday)​

But then sunset comes. When sunset comes, our Biblical Calendar changes to Day 2, Why? Because our Torah or bible says a new biblical day starts at sunset. Our Secular Calendar stays at 1, because midnight has yet to come:

BIBLICAL Calendar
Secular Calendar
Day 2
Day 1 (Sunday)​

Now 2 does not equal 1, but we all know what will happen at midnight. They will both say "2". @IndigoChild5559 says any time difference between sunset and midnight, even one of 4, 5 or 6 hours is negligible, and "Lots of tadoo about nothing". 3rdAngel agrees with this assessment. After all, midnight will come and they will both line up once again:

BIBLICAL Calendar
Secular Calendar
Day 2 (second day)​
Day 2 (Monday)

Okay, I can live with that.

I disagree with it, but I can certainly see why some would consider this a "fair" criticism. But our thought experiment doesn't end here, but hang on, because it will end soon.

Barrows, Alaska

We are pilgrims newly introduced to the Sabbath. In fact, we are sitting in a coffee shop in Barrows, Alaska, eager to celebrate the coming Sabbath with two calendars in hand. Our 1st calendar is labeled BIBLICAL and the other is labeled SECULAR. Both have a big fat number 1 on them, because they both agree this is day one. We can illustrate this here:

BIBLICAL Calendar
Secular Calendar
Day 1 (first day)​
Day 1 (Sunday)​

It's daylight. But a peculiar thing is not happening. It takes a while for us to notice. We were all having a great time, enjoying each other's company, but it's 9pm! Where has the time gone? And yes, the Sun has yet to set.

It's 10pm, now Midnight. Our SECULAT calendar has moved to Day 2, but our Biblical calendar, based on SUNSET is still at 1.

BIBLICAL Calendar
Secular Calendar
Day 1 (first day)​
Day 2 (Monday)​

Okay. I'm sure IndigoChild5559 and 3rdAngel would agree, this is still a trivial change. So let's continue our experiment. We all go home, and agree to get some shut-eye, It's now Monday morning. We all agree to check our Secular calendars and meet again on Wednesday, but when Wednesday roles around, our calendars look like this:

BIBLICAL Calendar
Secular Calendar
Day 1 (first day)​
Day 4 (Wednesday​

We discuss that the Sun hasn't set and realize that it won't, at least not for a long time. Our biblical calendar, which is SUNSET to SUNSET, is based on different standard than our SECULAR calendar which is based not only on observation, but on math. Our secular calendar doesn't need a sunset to reset a day. Our biblical calendar does. Why? Because that's the biblical standard. So our "Lots tadoo about nothing" becomes a "Lots tadoo about something" and in a very big way.

The same event occurs for our pilgrims in northern Canada, Russia, Greenland, Finland, and various other places across the globe. They experience days that stretch for weeks or months. This snapshot will illustrate why.

ScreenHunter_344 Sep. 24 21.41.jpg

The dark shading illustrate the darkness which starts a new day. The thick yellow line shows where sunset and sunrise are currently occurring. The thinner lines lines show the boundaries of civil, nautical or astronomical twilight respectively. This shows how we define "sunset" can alter our definition of when a "biblical" day begins.

Notice there is no darkness in the upper reaches of our globe, The converse is true in the lower regions. There is no light, and the nights below will last as long as the days above. So, depending on where you are, your biblical clock will appear "stuck" while your secular clock will keep on moving for days on end.

In fact, if we were to lay out our midnight sun across the horizon, it would look something like this, without ever triggering our biblical calendar:

Midnight Sun.jpg

(Photo by Mikko Nikken).

While our secular calendar keeps ticking, our biblical clock looks "stuck", and the secular disparity no longer differ by 1, but by 2, 20, or more than 40 days.
I think my point is made.

IndigoChild5559

Yes, I am taking issue with your word roughly, but only because they are not "roughly" equal. A biblical day is SUNSET To SUNSET. It's based on an observation. So if the sun doesn't set, biblically, no day has passed.
Although I usually ignore posts that are book length, I wanted to respond to this one remark, since it was addressed to me. Roughly does not mean precisely. Roughly means just that -- roughly, approximately, more true than not true. I do not apologize for using the word roughly.

Oeste

Although I usually ignore posts that are book length, I wanted to respond to this one remark, since it was addressed to me. Roughly does not mean precisely. Roughly means just that -- roughly, approximately, more true than not true. I do not apologize for using the word roughly.

You do not have to my friend. This is something we disagree on, and friends have disagreements. It's certainly nothing you would need to apologize for. 3rdAngel and I disagree on keeping a Sabbath, but I think he's spot on with the Trinity. So, if someone were to challenges me on it, I know I could count on his support.

Sorry for the long post, but I won't apologize for it. Of course, I know that with you, I won't need to. :)

3rdAngel

That is completely understandable my friend, but it doesn't change the fact that the first day biblically is not equal to our first day secularly. As you know, Sunday is our secular first day, but there is no “biblical” Sunday because Sunday doesn't appear in anyone's bible. So no one is going to be able to show that the Lord's Day is Sunday anymore than anyone can show that the Sabbath Day is Saturday...at least not from the bible.
No one said that the first day of the week biblically is the same as Sunday as we know it today as the timing is different. In biblical time the night comes before the daylight (Genesis 1:5). You keep making arguments no one is arguing about despite me saying the same things now many times to you. So what is your argument? Lets be honest you have no argument as we are in agreement so your post here is irrelevant to this OP.

If you read my OP, the challenge is to prove Sunday or the first day of the week (biblical time) is the Lords day? You cannot because there is no scripture that makes this connection. Yet it is simply a lie to claim that "the Lords day" cannot be shown to be the seventh day of the week (biblical time) when the OP already demonstrates this with scripture that you simply choose to ignore..

As demonstrated though the scriptures earlier.. The term "the Lord's day" was used by some in the early Church as a reference to Sunday worship in celebration of the resurrection of Jesus. It comes from a scripture in the bible found in Revelation 1
  • REVELATION 1:10 10, I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet
The Greek words used for the day that JOHN was in the Spirit of is the for Lord's day are
  • REVELATION 1:10 εγενομην εν πνευματι εν τη κυριακη ημερα και ηκουσα οπισω μου φωνην μεγαλην ως σαλπιγγος
The word "κυριακη" (translit. "kuriake") is an Adjective - Dative - Singular - Feminine. This means it is being used as a 'possessive' as ownership or belonging to ("of", see 1 Corinthians 11:20, "the Lord's supper"), which means the "day" in context belongs to "the Lord". It is literally "the Lord's (belonging to) day". This means, that the "day" in context is uniquely "the Lord's" out of all the 7 days of the week, for the day under consideration is that which exists within the week, as a day which repeats weekly. This is extremely important, as those who incorrectly assume it to mean "the first [day] of the week" in lieu of Jesus' resurrection, cannot get a weekly occurrence out of a one-time event, in fulfillment of typology of the Firstfruit/Wavesheaf in Leviticus 23:9-14, as made known in 1 Corinthians 15:20,23

The problem here however is that there is not a single scripture that references Sunday or the first day of the week (bible names for the days of the week) to being "the Lords day" in scripture.

According to the scripture "the Lords day" however can be referenced to "the Sabbath day" of Gods' 4th commandment found in Exodus 20:8-11.

Letting the scriptures answer this question

WHAT DAY IS THE LORD'S DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES?
  • FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY (Matthew 12:8)
This then promotes a bit of a dilemma for the Church as there is not a single scripture in all of the bible that days "the Lords day" from Revelation 1:10 is Sunday. Yet there is many scriptures referencing "the Lords day" or Gods' specific claims to ownership of any particular day to the Sabbath day that he blessed and set aside as a holy day of rest for a memorial of creation (see Genesis 2:1-3) and made one of Gods' 10 commandments (Exodus 20:8-11).

God's "ownership" of the Sabbath day or "Lord's day is also repeated elsewhere as "MY" (ownership of the day as in the Greek used in REVELATION 1:10 κυριακη). Other scriptures in the bible pointing to "the Lords day" as being the Sabbath day...
  • MATTHEW 12:8 FOR THE SON OF MAN IS LORD EVEN OF THE SABBATH DAY. (the Sabbath day is Lord's day)
ISAIAH 58:13-14 [13], If you turn away your foot from the SABBATH, from doing your pleasure on MY HOLY DAY (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shall honor him, not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words: [14], Then shall you delight yourself in the LORD; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with the heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of the LORD has spoken it.
  • LEVITICUS 19:30 You shall keep MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day)and reverence my sanctuary: I am the LORD.

• EZEKIEL 20:12 Moreover also I gave them MY SABBATHS, (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day) to be a sign between me and them, that they might know that I am the LORD that sanctify them.

• EZEKIEL 20:20 20, And keep holy MY SABBATHS (God's claim to ownership of the Sabbath day); and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the LORD your God.

• ISAIAH 58:13 13, If thou turn away thy foot from the sabbath, from doing thy pleasure ON MY HOLY DAY; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honorable; and shalt honor him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words:
κυριακῇ ἡμέρᾳ used in Revelations 1:10 is in reference to the Lord's ownership of the day. It does not say that this day is in reference to μιά των σαββάτων which means the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK (bible time).

Your challenge here in this OP is to prove from the scriptures alone that the Lord's DAY is in reference to the First day of the week. If you cannot all you have is a teaching and tradition of men that is not supported in the scriptures. There is not a single scripture in all the bible that refers to Sunday as being "the Lords day". So as proven above it is a lie to make the claim you cannot prove that "the Lords day" or the Lords ownership of a day in the bible cannot be proven to be the Sabbath day. The scriptures and the Koine Greek disagree with you here.

Take Care.

Last edited:

Muffled

Jesus in me
Your response here..

Gods Spirit works through the scriptures not against them. See John 6:63; John 17:17 and we cannot know the truth of them unless God is our guide and teacher through His Spirit *see Isaiah 55:8-9 and compare John 7:17; John 8:31-36; John 14:26; John 16:13.

Take Care.
I believe that also which is why you should not be substituting what you think the scripture says for what God says it means.

Ebionite

I have received Jesus as my Lord and Savior which means God is in me and can do as He wishes and say what He wants to say.
The Jesus as Lord thing seems to have originated from Peter's conflation of Jesus with YHWH in Acts 1-4. Peter quoted Joel, but Joel refers to YHWH, not to Jesus.