• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"THE LORD'S DAY IS THE SABBATH DAY NOT SUNDAY ACCORDING TO SCRIPTURES

3rdAngel

No, I did not ignore it.

Yes you ignored it. Here let me post it again and please respond to it and tell me why Exodus 34:1 does not say God re-wrote the 10 commandments again and not Moses?

Exodus 34:1 1, ¶ And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I (first person God talking) will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

God is writing them not Moses. Moses job was just to get the new stone tablets for God to write on.
That verse simply does not support your claim.
Sure does support my claim. It does not support your claims that Moses wrote the 10 commandments on tables of stone the second time. It says God did.
It only says that in the myth Moses broke the first set. It does not say anything at all about the laws written on them.
Sure it does. Follow all the scripture contexts. I will post you the scriptures to follow and check here. Gods' 10 commandments were first spoken by God Himself to His people in Exodus 20:3:17. God then wrote the 10 commandments down on two tables of stone as shown in Exodus 32:16 as a written record. In Exodus 32:19 Moses smashed the two tables of stone that God wrote the 10 commandment on because he was angry with the children of Israel for making idols and worshiping them after God already spoke to them and wrote the 10 commandments down on two tables of stone. Exodus 34:1 tells us that God said to Moses to cut out two new tables of stone and God would re-write the 10 commandments on them. The same 10 commandment spoken by God to His people in Exodus 20:3-17 and the same 10 commandments written with Gods' own finger in Exodus 32:16. God says he will re-write them again after Moses broke them in Exodus 34:1. Follow the scripture contexts your ignoring them and refuse to receive correction.
And Wikipedia only shows what most Christians believe. But most of them are totally ignorant about Exodus 34. So what good is that opinion?
The Wiki link I posted to you is just supporting what I have already shared with you from the scriptures and is in disagreement with you.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

You said you do but I did not ask whether you obey it. I asked whether you keep it. And I clarified a few times that my meaning is whether you actively keep it. Do you, for example, do all of the things I asked? Actively, that is.

My goodness what is the difference between obey and keep Gods 10 commandments in your view? To me they are the same thing. Can you keep the 10 commandments without obeying the 10 commandments?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes you ignored it. Here let me post it again and please respond to it and tell me why Exodus 34:1 does not say God re-wrote the 10 commandments again and not Moses?

Exodus 34:1 1, ¶ And the LORD said unto Moses, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first: and I (first person God talking) will write upon these tables the words that were in the first tables, which thou brakest.

God is writing them not Moses. Moses job was just to get the new stone tablets for God to write on.

Correct, we agree on that. This verse does not help you.

Sure it does. Gods' 10 commandments were first spoken by God Himself to His people in Exodus 20:3:17. God then wrote the 10 commandments down on two tables of stone as shown in Exodus 32:16 as a written record. In Exodus 32:19 Moses smashed the two tables of stone that God wrote the 10 commandment on because he was angry with the children of Israel for making idols and worshiping them after God already spoke to them and wrote the 10 commandments down on two tables of stone. Exodus 34:1 tells us that God said to Moses to cut out two new tables of stone and God would re-write the 10 commandments on them. The same 10 commandment spoken by God to His people in Exodus 20:3-17 and the same 10 commandments written with Gods' own finger in Exodus 32:16. God says he will re-write them again after Moses broke them in Exodus 34:1. Follow the scripture contexts your ignoring them and refuse to receive correction.
You forgot one of the qualifiers that the you agreed to. The list in Exodus 20 is not called the Ten Commandments in the Bible. The ones in Exodus 34 are called that.

The Wiki link I posted to you is just supporting what I have already shared with you from the scriptures and is in disagreement with you.

Hope this helps.

And once again that does not matter in this case. Most are unaware of Exodus34.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
My goodness what is the difference between obey and keep the 10 commandments in your view? To me they are the same thing. Can you keep the 10 commandments without obeying the 10 commandments?
Rather than continuing this drawn-out side-conversation, I will return to my original conclusion: You do not actively keep any of the commandments, yet make a fuss from an old Christian tradition that changes the observed day of rest from a day that you yourself do not observe to another day that you also don't observe. To me this seems utterly pointless, but suit yourself.

3rdAngel

Correct, we agree on that. This verse does not help you.You forgot one of the qualifiers that the you agreed to. The list in Exodus 20 is not called the Ten Commandments in the Bible. The ones in Exodus 34 are called that.And once again that does not matter in this case. Most are unaware of Exodus34.

Ok thanks we will agree to disagree if all your going to do is deny rinse and repeat without addressing all the scriptures shared with you that are in disagreement with you. Thanks for the discussion though. I will leave it between you and God to work through and we will agree to disagree.

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Rather than continuing this drawn-out side-conversation, I will return to my original conclusion: You do not actively keep any of the commandments, yet make a fuss from an old Christian tradition that changes the observed day of rest from a day that you yourself do not observe to another day that you also don't observe. To me this seems utterly pointless, but suit yourself.
Then you would be wrong and bearing false witness. I already told you the first time that I obey Gods 10 commandments by faith in Gods' Word from a new hear to love and walk in Gods' Spirit. You cannot tell me what the difference is between keep the commandments and obey the commandments can you? So your post is only a distraction to what is true showing that I answered your question the very first time it was asked. So please do not pretend I am saying things I have never said. Yes breaking anyone of Gods 10 commandments in known unrepentant sin is a big deal because according to the scriptures in Hebrews 10:26-31 all who God gives a knowledge of the truth of His Word and choose instead to reject Gods' Word to continue in sin and unbelief will not enter into Gods' Kingdom. Seems like a very big deal to me don't you think? Practicing known unrepentant sin will keep all who practice it out of Gods' kingdom according to the scriptures.

Last edited:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
You cannot tell me what the difference is between keep the commandments and obey the commandments can you?
And you appear to be unable to answer a simple question and constantly dodge. I find that to be most unfortunate because it weakens your argument.

3rdAngel

And you appear to be unable to answer a simple question and constantly dodge. I find that to be most unfortunate because it weakens your argument.
Bearing false witness will not help you here. Your question was directly answered the first time telling you I obey Gods' commandments. Why pretend your question was not answered when it was?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Ok thanks we will agree to disagree if all your going to do is deny rinse and repeat without addressing all the scriptures shared with you that are in disagreement with you. Thanks for the discussion though. I will leave it between you and God to work through and we will agree to disagree.
I think that you may be projecting.

How were you to know what was written on the first set?

3rdAngel

How were you to know what was written on the first set?
Context. Here dear friend, follow the order of events and scripture contexts. I will post you the scriptures to follow and check here.
  1. Gods' 10 commandments were first spoken by God Himself to His people in Exodus 20:3:17.
  2. God then wrote the 10 commandments down on two tables of stone as shown in Exodus 32:16 as a written record.
  3. In Exodus 32:19 Moses smashed the two tables of stone that God wrote the 10 commandment on because he was angry with the children of Israel for making idols and worshiping them after God already spoke to them and wrote the 10 commandments down on two tables of stone.
  4. Exodus 34:1 tells us that God said to Moses to cut out two new tables of stone and God would re-write the 10 commandments on them. The same 10 commandment spoken by God to His people in Exodus 20:3-17 and the same 10 commandments written with Gods' own finger in Exodus 32:16. God says he will re-write them again after Moses broke them in Exodus 34:1.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Bearing false witness will not help you here. Your question was directly answered the first time telling you I obey Gods' commandments. Why pretend your question was not answered when it was?
I asked if you keep them. Obeying means that you passively accept the laws. Keeping means that you are doing so actively, i. e. actively following the commandments. By your own admission you do not actively keep any of the commandments, yet make a fuss over people who keep one particular commandment in a manner that is different than how you understand that commandment, despite the fact that either way, you don't keep it yourself. Sad, in my opinion.

3rdAngel

I asked if you keep them. Obeying means that you passively accept the laws. Keeping means that you are doing so actively, i. e. actively following the commandments. By your own admission you do not actively keep any of the commandments, yet make a fuss over people who keep one particular commandment in a manner that is different than how you understand that commandment, despite the fact that either way, you don't keep it yourself. Sad, in my opinion.
For me, obeying Gods commandments means just that obeying Gods' commandments. Obeying Gods commandments means keeping Gods commandments just as disobeying Gods' commandments means not keeping Gods' commandments. This is why I asked you directly earlier what is the difference for you between obeying God's commandments and keeping Gods commandments. Your response was silence. What is sad is you trying to pretend I am saying things I have never said.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
For me, obeying Gods commandments means just that obeying Gods' commandments. Obeying Gods commandments means keeping Gods commandments just as disobeying Gods' commandments means not keeping Gods' commandments. This is why I asked you directly earlier what is the difference for you between obeying God's commandments and keeping Gods commandments. Your response was silence. What is sad is you trying to pretend I am saying things I have never said.
So in other words, the answer to the following questions: Are you physically circumcised? Do you sit for 7 days in a booth during the seventh month? Do you eat an entire Passover lamb on Passover night? Do you blow a ram's horn on the first day of the seventh month? Do you wear a four cornered garment with strings dangling from the corners? Have you divorced your wife? Do you tithe your houseplants? Do you forego loans during the seventh year? And so forth
Is an emphatic "yes"?

3rdAngel

So in other words, the answer to the following questions: Are you physically circumcised? Do you sit for 7 days in a booth during the seventh month? Do you eat an entire Passover lamb on Passover night? Do you blow a ram's horn on the first day of the seventh month? Do you wear a four cornered garment with strings dangling from the corners? Have you divorced your wife? Do you tithe your houseplants? Do you forego loans during the seventh year? And so forth
Is an emphatic "yes"?
Changing the goal posts now? Your question earlier so I obey the commandments was it not? I answered I obey Gods 10 commandments did I not? YES/NO

Last edited:

3rdAngel

Changing the goal posts now? Your question earlier so I obey the commandments was it not? I answered I obey Gods 10 commandments did I not? YES/NO
If your asking me now do I obey old covenant "shadow laws" fulfilled in the new covenant and continued in Christ then no why would I? To do so would be to deny the very Christ and Gods new covenant promise to which these shadow laws all pointed to.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I have asked these questions before when attempting to clarify the meaning of my question. You are still continuously dodging, which makes continuing this conversation utterly pointless. Good day to you and good luck with continuing your pointless attempt at splitting hairs over a matter that is utterly irrelevant to your daily life.

3rdAngel

I have asked these questions before when attempting to clarify the meaning of my question. You are still continuously dodging, which makes continuing this conversation utterly pointless. Good day to you and good luck with continuing your pointless attempt at splitting hairs over a matter that is utterly irrelevant to your daily life.
I am sorry dear friend but I do not believe you. According to the scriptures, sin is breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments (1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11). Gods 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) We all will be held accountable for the words of God we accept or reject according to the words of Jesus come judgement day * John 12:47-48. Lets not pretend therefore that sin is not really sin and walk in unbelief and disobey God and His Word. This is what we are warned against in Hebrews 3:8-19; 4:1-11. Your words are not God's Word. Only God's Words are true and we should believe and follow them *Romans 3:4; Acts 5:29.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Context. Here dear friend, follow the order of events and scripture contexts. I will post you the scriptures to follow and check here.
  1. Gods' 10 commandments were first spoken by God Himself to His people in Exodus 20:3:17.
  2. God then wrote the 10 commandments down on two tables of stone as shown in Exodus 32:16 as a written record.
  3. In Exodus 32:19 Moses smashed the two tables of stone that God wrote the 10 commandment on because he was angry with the children of Israel for making idols and worshiping them after God already spoke to them and wrote the 10 commandments down on two tables of stone.
  4. Exodus 34:1 tells us that God said to Moses to cut out two new tables of stone and God would re-write the 10 commandments on them. The same 10 commandment spoken by God to His people in Exodus 20:3-17 and the same 10 commandments written with Gods' own finger in Exodus 32:16. God says he will re-write them again after Moses broke them in Exodus 34:1.
One important fact that you keep forgetting, this never happened. Plus you keep forgetting that since this is a game of fan fiction the fact that the only list within the Bible that is called the Ten Commandments is the one in Exodus 34.

When we first started out didn't you agree to that qualification?

3rdAngel

One important fact that you keep forgetting, this never happened. Plus you keep forgetting that since this is a game of fan fiction the fact that the only list within the Bible that is called the Ten Commandments is the one in Exodus 34. When we first started out didn't you agree to that qualification?
Please forgive me but I do not believe you. For me only God's Words are true and we should believe and follow them *Romans 3:4; Acts 5:29. You only provide your words that are not Gods' Word so your argument is with God not me. I hope only the best for you and we will agree to disagree.

Take care.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I am sorry dear friend but I do not believe you. According to the scriptures, sin is breaking anyone of God's 10 commandments (1 John 3:4; James 2:10-11). Gods 4th commandment is one of God's 10 commandments that give us the knowledge of what sin is when broken (Romans 3:20; Romans 7:7; 1 John 3:4) We all will be held accountable for the words of God we accept or reject according to the words of Jesus come judgement day * John 12:47-48. Lets not pretend therefore that sin is not really sin and walk in unbelief and disobey God and His Word. This is what we are warned against in Hebrews 3:8-19; 4:1-11. Your words are not God's Word. Only God's Words are true and we should believe and follow them *Romans 3:4; Acts 5:29.
But if "Only God's Words are true" then we know that the Bible cannot be God's Word.