• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Lie of Evolution and the Stupidity of Those Who Believe in It

YoursTrue

Faith-confidence in what we hope for (Hebrews 11)
No, we look at actual fossils to determine the order in which things happened. For example, we know that grass became a common plant during the late Mesozoic. Larger mammals didn't show up until the Cenozoic. Cows are a type of bovine and the modern species was bred by humans from a number of ancestral stocks that we now see as different species.

You seem to think that cows just appeared without any ancestors. In fact, we can track the development of ungulates back over millions of years.
So you think maybe there were animals before plants?

YoursTrue

No, we look at actual fossils to determine the order in which things happened. For example, we know that grass became a common plant during the late Mesozoic. Larger mammals didn't show up until the Cenozoic. Cows are a type of bovine and the modern species was bred by humans from a number of ancestral stocks that we now see as different species.

You seem to think that cows just appeared without any ancestors. In fact, we can track the development of ungulates back over millions of years.
I use cows as a generic term. :) They can't live without vegetation. What came first? Vegetation or cows? Then again -- what came first, the chicken or the egg? Come on, give me a good guess.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Last I heard some humans think about and desire eternal life.
Only those foolish enough to think it desirable
Amazing, is it not?
Not really, because that's what science does. What's amazing is that we developed a system predicated around the idea of being wrong and replacing wrong ideas with new evidence. Humans tend to not like to admit they are wrong, but science is improved when we discover faults and errors and ways to address them.
It's pretty much the opposite of what we typically saw up to that point, such as organized religions that would hear no challenges to their accuracy.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
AND -- what superstitions do animals have? They've been alive as species longer than humans, haven't they?
None that I know of. Are you saying that other animals are superior to us in this regard?

And no, species are always changing so it is rather hard to say how long a "species" has been alive. Chimpanzees are almost certainly no older than we are as a species.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
OK, what makes you say that? Most people do not want to die. They are in mourning when those they love die.
Sure, people tend to not want to die, and we do mourn the loved ones we lose. But have you really ever considered eternal life? A life without end? What do you do with yourself after a couple hundred years? What do you do with a few thousand years? A million years? A billion years? Eventually what challenges would there be? What motivation would you have to get out of bed? Why bother to do anything today when you've already done everything you want to do and you'll be around for the next eon, and the one after that?

YoursTrue

Sure, people tend to not want to die, and we do mourn the loved ones we lose. But have you really ever considered eternal life? A life without end? What do you do with yourself after a couple hundred years? What do you do with a few thousand years? A million years? A billion years? Eventually what challenges would there be? What motivation would you have to get out of bed? Why bother to do anything today when you've already done everything you want to do and you'll be around for the next eon, and the one after that?
Every day I wake up. So far. Some days I am tired, some days I am not so tired. I lost my potential early on because of various things I was into, but I did not lose my love of some things. There are things I enjoy to do. I won't list them right now, there are quite a few, but sometimes I listen to music, I generally know what I like and what I don't like. I like learning. I like other things, but don't have time to do what I'd like to do. Also, my body is getting old, and the aches and pains take away from the small joy there is. But I don't get tired of living. I don't like having aches and pains. In my mind, I imagine and believe there is a better world coming, one filled with joy and happiness not the sorrow we see around us today. As the Bible says, mankind will never be able to fully examine all the works of God. But that's sometimes for scientists. I think of all the operas Mozart could have written. And other great composers could have written. (That's because I'm into music.) I like to look at beautiful art. There is so much to discover, to do. I can't say exactly what will happen in the future insofar as the many possibilities for life. If I want to stop living, I believe God will let me stop living. So far I prefer not to stop living. But other than what the Bible says, I know I have no choice.
Right now death is a given. I look forward, however, to life everlasting.
John 3:14-16 -- "Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up, that everyone who believes in Him may have eternal life. For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son, that everyone who believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life."

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Every day I wake up. So far. Some days I am tired, some days I am not so tired. I lost my potential early on because of various things I was into, but I did not lose my love of some things. There are things I enjoy to do. I won't list them right now, there are quite a few, but sometimes I listen to music, I generally know what I like and what I don't like. I like learning. I like other things, but don't have time to do what I'd like to do. Also, my body is getting old, and the aches and pains take away from the small joy there is. But I don't get tired of living. I don't like having aches and pains. In my mind, I imagine and believe there is a better world coming, one filled with joy and happiness not the sorrow we see around us today. As the Bible says, mankind will never be able to fully examine all the works of God. But that's sometimes for scientists. I think of all the operas Mozart could have written. And other great composers could have written. (That's because I'm into music.) I like to look at beautiful art. There is so much to discover, to do. I can't say exactly what will happen in the future insofar as the many possibilities for life. If I want to stop living, I believe God will let me stop living. So far I prefer not to stop living. But other than what the Bible says, I know I have no choice.
That's fine and dandy, but it revolves around a life you know will end.
What does it look like should it never end?

YoursTrue

Elephants are known for returning to the graves of their dead.
I haven't heard that they broadcast the deaths of those within their group to other elephant groups. Or erect monuments to their dead companions. Again -- humans are in a unique category insofar as communication and thinking goes. After so few years of human life, newspapers came into existence, instruments, and much more. Not so with animals, although here much longer.
Also, animals do not supposedly--conjecture--wonder? about life everlasting. Again, that puts them in a different category than humans, who do wonder and consider if there is the possibility of living forever somehow, somewhere. The Bible tells us the answers to these questions, but not all believe or understand.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I haven't heard that they broadcast the deaths of those within their group to other elephant groups. Or erect monuments to their dead companions. Again -- humans are in a unique category insofar as communication and thinking goes. After so few years of human life, newspapers came into existence, instruments, and much more. Not so with animals, although here much longer.
Also, animals do not supposedly--conjecture--wonder? about life everlasting. Again, that puts them in a different category than humans, who do wonder and consider if there is the possibility of living forever somehow, somewhere. The Bible tells us the answers to these questions, but not all believe or understand.

Since they can't why would you expect them to? Your examples tend to be always unreasonable. That means you are only making excuses and realize that you have already lost.

Why don't you try to find out why you are wrong/

YoursTrue

That's fine and dandy, but it revolves around a life you know will end.
What does it look like should it never end?
I don't know that it will end. Here is what I do know: When I'm dead, I won't know anything.
As far as what it will look like when it will never end -- peace, joy, and happiness without end. No more war. No more cruelty to and from animals and humans. No more destroying the atmosphere. If you have a Bible, read Revelation 21:1-5.

YoursTrue

Since they can't why would you expect them to? Your examples tend to be always unreasonable. That means you are only making excuses and realize that you have already lost.

Why don't you try to find out why you are wrong/
What a question, your first one. Why can't they print newspapers, write their thoughts down, write music, and more? I don't "expect them to." What happened to the evidence showing (proving) the vast, huge change of thinking and inventive capability between animals and humans? (Where is it?)

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
What a question, your first one. Why can't they print newspapers, write their thoughts down, write music, and more? I don't "expect them to." What happened to the evidence showing (proving) the vast, huge change of thinking and inventive capability between animals and humans? (Where is it?)

Still using bad examples. Aren't you at all curious to learn why you are wrong?

By the way, as long as you use excuses you are merely admitting that you are wrong.