• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Wu Wei

ursus senum severiorum and ex-Bisy Backson
I actually designed an air brake system at GM.
So I'd be interested in the details of such a claim.

oh la-dee-da you were an Engineer at GM....ooooo were all so impressed.......oooo aren't you just so superior to us plebeians..... braggart....dang show off punk....

640px-Air_disc_brake.jpg

I worked on a lot of breaks, but never air brakes..... kind of wish I had

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
oh la-dee-da you were an Engineer at GM....ooooo were all so impressed.......oooo aren't you just so superior to us plebeians..... braggart....dang show off punk....
You should've noticed that I said that
as a basis for asking for details, ie,
that I'd understand them...unlike
some ignant smelly bear who knows
nothing of air brakes.

Wu Wei

You should've noticed that I said that
as a basis for asking for details, ie,
that I'd understand them...unlike
some ignant smelly bear who knows
nothing of air brakes.

ooo la-dee-daa... aren't you SOOOOOO superior....you should've noticed...I don't care and I am just trying to start trouble.... but you didn't did you....NOOOOOOO.....unobservant elitist engineer so and so

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
USA might be a crap country, but others are
even worse. Although I did enjoy Deutschland,
despite their funny but difficult language.
It was very clean, orderly, & organized....which
is exotic, but also why I could never live there.
I often think I'd probably do better for myself in Germany. I typically get along with them just fine, I can be more blunt when I speak (which is a burden off my shoulders when I have to put less effort into what I'm saying) because they themselves are more direct and upfront, but I have a hard time understanding them, especially when they get excited and hauch und schlur everything into one big long super word.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I often think I'd probably do better for myself in Germany. I typically get along with them just fine, I can be more blunt when I speak (which is a burden off my shoulders when I have to put less effort into what I'm saying) because they themselves are more direct and upfront, but I have a hard time understanding them, especially when they get excited and hauch und schlur everything into one big long super word.
Beware the fallacy of focusing upon what you
imagine you'd like. You'd miss our wonderful
hardware stores, the right to insult each other,
& not having to buy insurance against getting
sued in that lawsuit happy country.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Then you've never been to an old school hardware store.
I have. They suck because I can't get almost everything for my nerd projects and pick up dinner while I'm there.
I have health insurance.
You don't?
I have health insurance. I'm talking of malpractice insurance. Having grown up in a family of healthcare providers having to have such insurance isn't a foreign concept to me.
Then you must be a very obedient person.
I had no idea that you're so house trained.
It's more that I tend to do things in an orderly, procedural manner that I've observed seems to be the glue, nails amd stitches holding German society together.
I'm not as much as a stickler as they are (like how they excell at time management to the point of time micromanagement), but, yeah, I've found I usually fit in and get along great with them (it also helps I know they are trying to be helpful and not beinf rude like how many Americans are prone to seeing it).

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I'm talking of malpractice insurance.
Cops should have to buy that.
It's more that I tend to do things in an orderly, procedural manner that I've observed seems to be the glue, nails amd stitches holding German society together.
I'm not as much as a stickler as they are (like how they excell at time management to the point of time micromanagement), but, yeah, I've found I usually fit in and get along great with them (it also helps I know they are trying to be helpful and not beinf rude like how many Americans are prone to seeing it).
When I was in Krautland, we fit in so well
that they thought were Canuckstanian.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Then get a job, ya lazy millennial slacker!
I am fond of telling people to demonstrate how. They find it describes me just as well as Libra (which is rather odd joke to make about someone who's a certified neuro weirdo).
Or recently someone sharing an article about apparently weed smoking becoming a thing among "Boomers." But as I pointed out those are the free love, Timothy Leery following, Woodstock hippies who taught me more about weed than anyone else has that this article is claiming are just coming around to appreciate Mary.
And then there's my dad, same age as @Stevicus, but AC/DC and Kiss are screamo bands who are too heavy and at times he even acts like a [hypocritical] late-Victorian era prude.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
When I was in Krautland, we fit in so well
that they thought were Canuckstanian.
I am curious where they'd think I'm from. Given the amount of foreigners who have told me they think I'm from Texas that might happen. But I also occasionally get "somewhere north" or Canada.
To my best knowledge only Americans have said "somewhere European." I would hope a European wouldn't jump to such a thing, but they are still people at the beginning and end of the day so I suppose it might be possible.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Officially tired, im lying in bed using my tablet and fell asleep. Relaxed my grip on the tablet which promptly tipped over and landed, thump, on my nose, that woke me up so i decided that's enough winning for the day. Goodnight..

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Officially tired, im lying in bed using my tablet and fell asleep. Relaxed my grip on the tablet which promptly tipped over and landed, thump, on my nose, that woke me up so i decided that's enough winning for the day. Goodnight..
I am so glad I am not the only one that has that happen to them. Luckily I have a very hard head.

Wu Wei

Sprache, ich mag Deutsch lieber als Französisch

Um ehrlich zu sein, spreche ich wenig von beidem

aber ich spreche mehr deutsch als französisch

aber ich bin weit davon entfernt, gesprächig zu sein

Nie wirklich das Formale bekommen

Das Obige wurde Ihnen von Google Translate zur Verfügung gestellt

And did you know TTFN in German was TTFJ