• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The last post is the WINNER!

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
What I had was NOT one of those. Pouring vodka into a glass of milk resulted in my taste buds getting very annoyed with me.
I am not having a lot of difficulty understanding what you mean. That does not sound at all appealing to me either. Maybe if I had several piña coladas before I tried it, I wouldn't remember how bad it was.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I have rather eclectic tastes in many things including music. I tend to listen to a lot of hard rock and metal, but I was raised with country as well. I used get in trouble in college when we would come back in from the bars late at night and I would be singing Clint Black's "Killin' Time" as loud as I could. Not sure why that song, but it always stuck in my head as something good to sing when I was drunk.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I have rather eclectic tastes in many things including music. I tend to listen to a lot of hard rock and metal, but I was raised with country as well. I used get in trouble in college when we would come back in from the bars late at night and I would be singing Clint Black's "Killin' Time" as loud as I could. Not sure why that song, but it always stuck in my head as something good to sing when I was drunk.
Needless to say, this and other similar tales are not stories I bring up at church.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
I'm joking, of course. They are in my music pantheon.
Nice use of the word pantheon. I like how you worked that in there.

I had a joke about my favorite, heavy metal, jazz infusion, rockabilly band, but I don't recall the particulars at the moment. The punch line was the stylistic hodgepodge.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Chatting with a drunken Satanic witch is another thing you might want to omit.:D
They would frown on such associations, but I won't tell if you won't.

One of the ladies asked me if I would be interested in learning to crochet. I thought about it for a while and decided I would take her up on it. The small group I hang with is me and about a dozen women 10-20 years older than me. Not sure how that worked out, but I rather like the attention.

Dan From Smithville

Staff member
Premium Member
Maiden always delivers, dude.
A very good friend of mine is an atheist, headbanger, scientist and we caught them the last time they were in St. Louis with Megadeth. In fact, he and I have hit quite a few good shows together. We saw Slayer twice. The first time being what may have been one of the best concerts I ever attended. Me recovering from a recently slipped disk at the time and a mosh pit.