• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"The kingdom of God is within you"

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I know the Jehovah's Witnesses teach that anyone who consciously rejects what has been handed down to them by the faithful and discreet slave will die a death with no hope of a resurrection.

It seems The Latter Day Saints teach that theirs is the only true way of God but do not teach that everyone who consciously rejects them is rejected by God as the Witnesses do. I do not know. I think it is wrong to rest on anything that is not known so I don't.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Mormons and Witnesses have differing views. I'm a member of neither group but have trusted Jesus Christ as Savior. Where will I be after death, please?

Thanks.
You will be in Heaven, of course. Where do you think I will be, as a Mormon, who has also trusted Jesus Christ as Savior?

Kolibri

Mormons and Witnesses have differing views. I'm a member of neither group but have trusted Jesus Christ as Savior. Where will I be after death, please?

Thanks.

Asleep. Our hope is that you will awake, as if from sleep, during the general resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous to a cleansed earth. That is no different then the hope I hold dear for myself.
Actually I hope never to die. Re 7 talks about a great crowd that will survive the great tribulation, and Jesus told Martha just before resurrecting Lazarus that "he that is living will never die at all."
But if I do die before Armageddon, I too will sleep until that future day.

There are some who will not wake up, but our hope is that you will not be one of them.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Thanks.

From the Scriptures we can discern that we will be after death the exact same ' where ' that Jesus was after his death.
First of all, Jesus taught sleep in death - John 11 vs 11-14 - which corresponds to the old Hebrew Scriptures teaching about unconscious sleep in death -> Ecclesiastes 9:5; Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115;17; 146:4 ; Daniel 12:2,13
So, when Scripture says Jesus went to hell the day he died - Acts 2:27,31,32; Psalm 16:10 - then Jesus went to the Bible's hell or the grave for the unconscious sleeping dead. If the dead were conscious there would be No need for a resurrection back to life.
Even the word cemetery means: sleeping place. The resurrected Jesus now has the keys to unlock biblical hell (grave) for us.-Rev. 1:18

Those called to heavenly life have a first or earlier resurrection than those Not called to heaven. - Rev. 20:6
The majority of mankind will have a future or later resurrection being restored back to healthy physical life on earth.- John 3:13
That is why Acts 24:15 uses the ' future tense ' where is says that there ' is going to be ' a resurrection....
That future earthly physical resurrection takes place or starts when Jesus rules over earth for a thousand years.

We are nearing the threshold of the ' time of separation ' on earth of Matthew 25 vs 31,32 when the living on earth at that time can remain alive on earth and live right through the great tribulation of Revelation 7:14 and continue to live right into the start of Jesus' millennium-long day of ruling over earth, or over earthly subjects of God's kingdom when Jesus, as Prince of Peace, ushers in global Peace on Earth among men of goodwill. -Psalm 72:8; Rev. 22:2

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Asleep. Our hope is that you will awake, as if from sleep, during the general resurrection of the righteous and unrighteous to a cleansed earth. That is no different then the hope I hold dear for myself.
Actually I hope never to die. Re 7 talks about a great crowd that will survive the great tribulation, and Jesus told Martha just before resurrecting Lazarus that "he that is living will never die at all."
But if I do die before Armageddon, I too will sleep until that future day.

There are some who will not wake up, but our hope is that you will not be one of them.
How do you know Rev 7 "come out" means come through to the end of it thus coming out of it alive and does not mean come out presently for life thus not sharing in the sins of Babylon as the angel commands at Rev 18:4?

The same question applies to what Jesus says to the sheep and to the goats. HOW do you know off into everlasting life and off into destruction means at the end and does not mean the process of faith in God NOW?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
How do you know Rev 7 "come out" means come through to the end of it thus coming out of it alive and does not mean come out presently for life thus not sharing in the sins of Babylon as the angel commands at Rev 18:4?
The same question applies to what Jesus says to the sheep and to the goats. HOW do you know off into everlasting life and off into destruction means at the end and does not mean the process of faith in God NOW?

Of course there is a process of faith now. We are nearing the ' time of separation ' on earth of Matthew 25 vs 31,32,37

Revelation 7:14 corresponds to Matthew 14:29-37
The words the tribulation of ' those days ' in verse 29 means for our day or time frame - Rev. 1:10.
Jesus' answer to Matthew 24:3 bridges a BIG gap, or a long period of time, from the year 70 to our day.
The modern-day tribulation starts from the final signal, so to speak, of 1st Thess. 5:2,3 when ' they ' ( powers that be) will be saying ' Peace and Security ' as a precursor to the coming great tribulation.
As in the days of Noah - Matthew 24:37 - is also a clue:
Noah and company were saved/delivered/ rescued alive through the Flood to live on earth.
What does Isaiah 26:20 say we should end up doing ?
Before the Roman armies destroyed Jerusalem in the year 70 - Luke 19 vs 43,44 - the Christians left Jerusalem and were kept safe.
They were kept safe on earth. So, like Noah and family, and the Christians who left apostate Jerusalem, the ' sheep ' will be kept alive safe on earth to be part of the meek who will inherit the earth forever as mentioned at Psalm 37 vs 11,29.
What would be the purpose of Jesus' 1000-year kingdom rulership over earth if it meant otherwise ? - Rev. 20:6; 5:9,10; Psalm 72:8

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The modern-day tribulation starts from the final signal, so to speak, of 1st Thess. 5:2,3 when ' they ' ( powers that be) will be saying ' Peace and Security ' as a precursor to the coming great tribulation.
The Bible does not say WHO is saying "peace and security" but it is my opinion The Jehovah's Witnesses are saying it.
What does Isaiah 26:20 say we should end up doing ?
Something the Jehovah's Witnesses don't do if indeed God's wrath is the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses which I suspect it might be.
What would be the purpose of Jesus' 1000-year kingdom rulership over earth if it meant otherwise ? - Rev. 20:6; 5:9,10; c
I think I can never believe the 1000 years is a literal 1000 years of human time. It looks like Psalm 72:8 is a prayer not a prophecy or a request not a prediction.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When Jehovah gave Israel a king to rule them was it a kindness given in a spirit of love or was it what would turn out to be a curse given in anger? The Bible account of the way Jehovah dealt with God's people is where I assume the governing body is a display of the wrath of Jehovah and not a blessing for humankind. Maybe I should post what scripture I am referring to but not quote it so you should look it up yourself. What do you think?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The Bible does not say WHO is saying "peace and security" but it is my opinion The Jehovah's Witnesses are saying it.
I think I can never believe the 1000 years is a literal 1000 years of human time. It looks like Psalm 72:8 is a prayer not a prophecy or a request not a prediction.

On the contrary, Not saying Peace and Security, but that Jehovah's people are saying the world is living in the last days of badness on earth as described by the selfish distorted form of love described at 2nd Timothy 3 vs 1-5,13

True, at 1st Thess. 5:3 it does Not say who the ' they ' are. Who in the world would be saying ' Peace and Security ' but either the political leaders or the religious leaders or both. Surely it would Not be the merchants of Revelation 18 vs 11-15

Doesn't verse 7 of Psalm 72 show the abundant peaceful rule of God's king Christ Jesus when the righteous flourish ?
Isn't from ' sea to sea ' meaning from one corner of the earth to the other end of earth in verse 8 ?
Please compare - Psalm 72: 9 with Zechariah 9: 10 B - mentioning Christ's dominion will be from sea to sea... to the ends of the earth.
Jesus comes with two different roles -> please note Isaiah 11 vs 3,4 and Revelation 19 vs 11,15 besides Matthew 25 vs 31,32
Jesus comes (1) as righteous judge to save the humble sheep, and (2) as righteous judge to annihilate the wicked - Psalm 92:7
Also Psalm 72: 12-14 tells how relief on earth will be provided by giving us a preview of how the rule of God's Son, Christ Jesus, will relieve mankind of distress on earth:

' For he will rescue the poor one who cries for help, and the lowly on who has no helper. He will have pity on the lowly and the poor, and the lives of the poor ones he will save. From oppression and from violence he will redeem or rescue them.' Why ? ' because their blood is precious in his eyes. '

Please also note Psalm 72: 16 because grain and fruit are found on the earth. Isaiah 25 vs 6-8 and chapter 35 mentions how all on earth will enjoy a banquet - No food shortages on earth. What do all earth's nations do according to Psalm 72: 17 B ?
Where are all of earth's nations located but on earth - Revelation 22:2

If the 1000 years ( Rev. 20 vs 5-7 ) is Not human time, what would be the point of Rev. 5 vs 9,10 ?

Since No one who died before Jesus died will go to heaven - John 3:13; Acts 2:34 - then when will the resurrection take place for those not called to heavenly life ? ____________ Doesn't Acts 24:15 use the future tense that there ' is going to be' a resurrection...... ?
Since the majority of mankind will Not go to heaven, then the majority of mankind will be among the meek who will inherit the earth forever. -
What does Psalm 37 vs 11,29 say about earth ?

P.S. post what Scripture ?

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
On the contrary, Not saying Peace and Security, but that Jehovah's people are saying the world is living in the last days of badness on earth as described by the selfish distorted form of love described at 2nd Timothy 3 vs 1-5,13
But the Jehovah's Witnesses teach there is peace and security in doing the right thing with them

True, at 1st Thess. 5:3 it does Not say who the ' they ' are. Who in the world would be saying ' Peace and Security ' but either the political leaders or the religious leaders or both. Surely it would Not be the merchants of Revelation 18 vs 11-15
Yes, like I said the religious leaders. YOUR religious leaders

Doesn't verse 7 of Psalm 72 show the abundant peaceful rule of God's king Christ Jesus when the righteous flourish ?
Isn't from ' sea to sea ' meaning from one corner of the earth to the other end of earth in verse 8 ?
Please compare - Psalm 72: 9 with Zechariah 9: 10 B - mentioning Christ's dominion will be from sea to sea... to the ends of the earth.
Jesus comes with two different roles -> please note Isaiah 11 vs 3,4 and Revelation 19 vs 11,15 besides Matthew 25 vs 31,32
Jesus comes (1) as righteous judge to save the humble sheep, and (2) as righteous judge to annihilate the wicked - Psalm 92:7
Also Psalm 72: 12-14 tells how relief on earth will be provided by giving us a preview of how the rule of God's Son, Christ Jesus, will relieve mankind of distress on earth:

' For he will rescue the poor one who cries for help, and the lowly on who has no helper. He will have pity on the lowly and the poor, and the lives of the poor ones he will save. From oppression and from violence he will redeem or rescue them.' Why ? ' because their blood is precious in his eyes. '

Please also note Psalm 72: 16 because grain and fruit are found on the earth. Isaiah 25 vs 6-8 and chapter 35 mentions how all on earth will enjoy a banquet - No food shortages on earth. What do all earth's nations do according to Psalm 72: 17 B ?
Where are all of earth's nations located but on earth - Revelation 22:2
Everyone in Christ is well cared for.

If the 1000 years ( Rev. 20 vs 5-7 ) is Not human time, what would be the point of Rev. 5 vs 9,10 ?
The Kingdom of God is not subject to time.

Since No one who died before Jesus died will go to heaven - John 3:13; Acts 2:34 -
These do not prove people who died before Jesus died can't go to heaven. When they died the way did not exist yet. Jehovah is able to bring them to heaven. Why according to you is Jehovah not able to resurrect them to heaven now?
then when will the resurrection take place for those not called to heavenly life ? ____________ Doesn't Acts 24:15 use the future tense that there ' is going to be' a resurrection...... ?
Yes of all who died.
Since the majority of mankind will Not go to heaven,
according to you but you do not know that.
then the majority of mankind will be among the meek who will inherit the earth forever.
No, I think your grammar is incorrect. ONLY the meek will inherit the Earth
What does Psalm 37 vs 11,29 say about earth ?
11 But the meek will possess the earth,+And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.+;29 The righteous will possess the earth,+And they will live forever on it.+

P.S. post what Scripture ?
1 Samuel 8
Then Samuel prayed to Jehovah,7 and Jehovah said to Samuel: “Listen to everything the people say to you; for it is not you whom they have rejected, but it is I whom they have rejected as their king.+8 They are doing just as they have done from the day I brought them up out of Egypt until this day; they keep forsaking me+ and serving other gods,+and that is what they are doing to you.9 Now listen

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Jehovah is able to resurrect a soul to life on Earth. According to Jehovah's Witnesses Jehovah will not resurrect a soul which died before Jesus died to Heaven. Why?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
You will be in Heaven, of course. Where do you think I will be, as a Mormon, who has also trusted Jesus Christ as Savior?

I'm unsure, because I trust Jesus as my atonement apart from my good deeds or "works". It is sometimes hard for me to accept the salvation of those who add works to the gospel. But I don't want to be assumptive. Is Jesus your savior and also you are saving yourself via your works, or is Jesus your savior?

Thank you.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I know the Jehovah's Witnesses teach that anyone who consciously rejects what has been handed down to them by the faithful and discreet slave will die a death with no hope of a resurrection.

It seems The Latter Day Saints teach that theirs is the only true way of God but do not teach that everyone who consciously rejects them is rejected by God as the Witnesses do. I do not know. I think it is wrong to rest on anything that is not known so I don't.

But we do know is the gospel. False churches always add to it:

*Jesus, per prophecy and seen by witnesses, died and rose

*We trust Jesus to be saved (to have assurance, without works of going to Heaven)

False churches, mistaken churches, false religions and cults, always have buts and ands:

*Trust Jesus AND...

*Trust Jesus... BUT...

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I'm unsure, because I trust Jesus as my atonement apart from my good deeds or "works". It is sometimes hard for me to accept the salvation of those who add works to the gospel. But I don't want to be assumptive. Is Jesus your savior and also you are saving yourself via your works, or is Jesus your savior?

Thank you.
Jesus is absolutely my Savior. There is absolutely no way in the world I could do enough good works to save myself. Without Jesus Christ's atoning sacrifice, I would forever be estranged from God. That said, I do believe that our faithfulness to Him, as evidenced by our obedience to His commandments will be taken into account when we stand before God to be judged.

Your comments?

Johnlove

Jesus is absolutely my Savior. There is absolutely no way in the world I could do enough good works to save myself. Without Jesus Christ's atoning sacrifice, I would forever be estranged from God. That said, I do believe that our faithfulness to Him, as evidenced by our obedience to His commandments will be taken into account when we stand before God to be judged.

Your comments?
AMEN!

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member

Your comments?

Taken into account for rewards or lack of rewards? Do you have assurance? Are you 100% certain beyond a reasonable doubt that Jesus is your Savior or is it Jesus and you partnering together in salvation?

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Taken into account for rewards or lack of rewards?
Yes. What's wrong with that? Jesus said He would reward every man according to his works. That's what I believe, and it's entirely Biblical.

Do you have assurance?
Of course I have assurance. Why would you even suspect that I don't?

Are you 100% certain beyond a reasonable doubt that Jesus is your Savior or is it Jesus and you partnering together in salvation?
You've phrased this as an either/or question, which is something I don't really see the need for. I have already said that Jesus is my Savior and that without Him, I could not conceivably save myself. Without my belief in Him, I could not hope for salvation. Right there we have a partnership -- a beautiful covenant relationship. As far as I'm concerned "faith in Christ" is absolutely tied to "faithfulness to Christ." I believe that being a Christian involves more than a mere confession of belief. It involves a commitment to honor and serve Jesus Christ with all our might. I don't believe I am "saved by my works of righteousness" or than I can "earn my way into Heaven." But I do believe that anyone who professes faith in Christ and fails to demonstrate that faith through works of obedience has nothing but a dead faith -- a faith which is absolutely worthless.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Yes. What's wrong with that? Jesus said He would reward every man according to his works. That's what I believe, and it's entirely Biblical.

Of course I have assurance. Why would you even suspect that I don't?

You've phrased this as an either/or question, which is something I don't really see the need for. I have already said that Jesus is my Savior and that without Him, I could not conceivably save myself. Without my belief in Him, I could not hope for salvation. Right there we have a partnership -- a beautiful covenant relationship. As far as I'm concerned "faith in Christ" is absolutely tied to "faithfulness to Christ." I believe that being a Christian involves more than a mere confession of belief. It involves a commitment to honor and serve Jesus Christ with all our might. I don't believe I am "saved by my works of righteousness" or than I can "earn my way into Heaven." But I do believe that anyone who professes faith in Christ and fails to demonstrate that faith through works of obedience has nothing but a dead faith -- a faith which is absolutely worthless.

I think I understand. Jesus saved you and you are in partnership to save you.