• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Quotation-Dalai-Lama-If-you-want-others-to-be-happy-practice-compassion-If-16-66-67.jpg

"Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see." -Mark Twain-

"Whatever possession we gain by our sword cannot be sure or lasting, but the love gained by kindness and moderation is certain and durable." -Alexander the Great-

Thanks again - surprised about Alexander!

All the best!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
To remember I exist in this very moment by the grace of countless acts of kindness, tells me one thing.

To remember how my mother helped me up into her lap so I could watch her write a letter and ask what those squiggles were that she was making with her pen, tells me one thing.

To remember my father handing me the paintbrush he was using and saying, “You try,” tells me one thing.

To remember the neighbor woman rushing out of her house to hold a towel to my bleeding head after I fell from my bike, tells me one thing.

Read the rest here -

Fresh Rain

:)

FineLinen

"Kindness is realizing we are all into this together." R. A. Ktiwist-

"Don't judge a day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you have planted." -Robt. Louis Stephenson

Kindness is free, let's pass it on.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
It wasn’t meant to be like this. Mann, a psychologist at the University of Central Lancashire, had just embarked on a new project to explore the phenomenon of “paying it forward” – a popular philosophy of being generous to a stranger, in the hope they will pass on the kindness to someone else. “The idea is to create a chain – a domino effect,” Mann explains.

Does it pay to be kind to strangers?

Ciao!

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
From that Facebook group, another:

"Sadness and depression can often be overcome by going out and doing some kindness - by giving something of yourself to others"

Rabbi Nachman of Breslov

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From that Facebook group, another:

"Sadness and depression can often be overcome by going out and doing some kindness - by giving something of yourself to others"

Rabbi Nachman of Breslov

Wise words!

Thanks for sharing - must check it out ...

Cheers!

FineLinen

"To practice five things under all circumstances constitutes perfect virtue, these five things are gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestnesss, and kindness." -Confucious

"I have always depended on the kindness of strangers." -Tennessee Williams