• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Kindness Box

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Through his ministry and his television show Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, Mr. Rogers helped mentor and educate young children about the importance of kindness, community, and friendship.

Fred Rogers, or Mr. Rogers as many know him, made a huge impact on the lives of many children. Through his ministry and his television show Mister Rogers’ Neighborhood, he helped mentor and educate young children about the importance of kindness, community, and friendship.

Here are some of our all-time favorite Mr. Rogers quotes.

Enjoy your browsing!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Just browsing that site a little more ...

Have you ever stumbled upon a colorful, hand-painted rock that has been painted in bright colors or has an uplifting message written on it? You may have just found a kindness rock! Rock painting or rock art is a trend that has picked up popularity in recent years. Whether you're an artist who is looking for a new art project or someone who wants to share a positive message with others, painting rocks might be for you.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Try - todayintheword.org kindness

For example -

If you’re like me, then you probably don’t go around telling people how much they mean to you or how blessed you are to have them in your life. Those “words of affirmation” make me very uncomfortable when I receive them, and even more so when I give them. It’s somehow gotten into my mind that offering kind words reveals a chink in my armour, a vulnerability that someone may exploit. And that might be true, but protecting myself should not be my primary concern if I trust the Lord to care for me.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The power of kind words -

These days, my thoughts turn more and more to the need for kindness. Kind actions. Kind words.

It is all too easy these days to judge another person harshly — to judge an entire group of people harshly. (And no, this is not a political post. Not going there.) I blogged a month ago about how I don’t want to be an angry person, centering my post on this quote by Corrie Ten Boom: The greatest remedy for anger is delay.

Another remedy for anger? Kindness.

Kindness can change the course of our day. When someone motions for me to merge ahead of them in traffic or greets me with a smile in the checkout line instead of a blank stare or a frown, I’m encouraged. Even better, I’m motivated to pay that kindness forward.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I think it’s easy to feel powerless in the face of such big problems in the world. It’s easy to feel like you don’t have what the world needs—or you don’t have the solutions that these big situations require. But we forget how much power we do have. We forget that we have the power to help other people feel and experience their gifts, their light—what makes them them and why it’s wonderful they are who they are. We forget we have this power, and we forget how much of a difference that power can make. How long lasting it is. How much it provides ballast in hard times and energy for difficult transitions. How it helps people persist when they feel like quitting or helps them show up one more time when self-doubt has taken over.

I’ve had a file in my filing cabinet since the early 90’s labeled the “smile file.” Inside are farewell cards from programs and hospital units I have worked on, notes from kids and students, student evaluations and letters of recommendation. I have some of my old papers where the professor wrote a note at the bottom. It’s the flotsam and jetsam from the very beginning of my work life in residential treatment through graduate school to my current work in consulting. There are birthday cards and post-it notes. Any note that someone gave me that made me smile and made me feel hopeful about the work I was doing or my future.

Read more here -

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A few words of encouragement can often go a long way toward cheering someone on—in good times and bad. Encouraging them can be a powerful way to show them you care about them and support them.

Offering positive support through words of encouragement strengthens emotional bonds and helps nurture relationships, says Kristin Wilson, MA, LPC, CCTP, RYT, Chief Experience Officer at Newport Healthcare.

We know that sometimes, the right words can be hard to find. You want to show someone your support but you feel awkward, don't want to sound disingenuous, and get stuck on what to say.

Don’t worry, we’ve got you! In this article, we suggest some words of encouragement you can use to support a friend, partner, child, or co-worker.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Intentional acts of kindness

When a NYT reporter Catherine Pearson asked if I’d comment about some cool research on kindness, it got me thinking. How can we make kindness more intentional? I wrote a book on the subject four years ago. A lot has happened since. I’m tickled that she took some of what I said for her NYT Well article, The Unexpected Power of Random Acts of Kindness. Here’s what I shared.

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ask God help others - plus suggested!

With more than 2,000+ verses in the Bible (wow!) about loving the stranger, widow, orphan, impoverished, immigrant, and helpless among us … the Bible makes it clear that this is important to God’s heart and the Christian walk. Just like He rescues and provides for us – so should we for others.

Instead of listing all 2,000+, here's 14 verses about helping the poor that stand out to us here at Oliver Gospel. We hope you find these passages encouraging, challenging, and motivating (just like we do!).

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Huge site all about giving -

We all have days when things don’t go our way. The sun doesn’t seem to shine quite as brightly, and it’s hard to find joy in the day-to-day. Some days, its just difficult to stay positive and find moments of joy. But research has shown that performing acts of kindness can lead to increased levels of happiness and wellbeing. So if you’re looking for a way to boost your mood, why not try intentional acts of kindness to give your day, and someone else’s, a lift?

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Want to start doing acts of kindness with your kids but feeling overwhelmed? Then start simple! Don't underestimate the benefit an intentional act of kindness has for both the giver and receiver. No act of kindness is too small to make a difference in someone's day. The truth is you rarely will know how a random act of kindness will impact someone else.

Much more at that site ...

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Free kindness resources

If you're wondering how to teach kindness in your classroom, you have a wonderful opportunity to start teaching students to be kind during Kindness Day. Read on to find out how easy it can be.

While researching kindness many years ago, I came across the work of Maurice J. Elias, a Professor of Psychology. His view about kindness being a teachable quality mirrors my own and like me, he's a huge advocate for teaching kindness to kids at school.

We both believe that children have an emotional response to kindness, but that emotionally intelligent kids have a better understanding of the feelings they're experiencing.

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hug-Coupons-Stacked-300x350.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness checklist

Give awards to people who do kind things for you. Give your award a name and make a few awards ahead of time (get inspiration for medals like the Caldecott medal, an Olympic medal, or a Nobel prize). Keep them with you and hand them out as a fun way of saying thank you. Visit the link above for a free printable to make this easier.

Another huge site you could browse even further ...

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Kindness write letter

I want to bring positivity and peace to this world as well and I feel like we need a lot more kindness these days and I do a lot of writing. I think it is so much fun. I love spreading kindness and peace to everyone.

I probably send off thousands of letters each year. I’m also a sister to foster kids as my parents run a foster home.

My goal is to spread kindness to everyone in the world. I want to be able to spread peace and kindness all over the world using my cards and letters.

Cheers!