• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Jewish Jehovah's Witness.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thank you. @djhwoodwerks
Jesus says we must teach each other. I am sure it means by words and actions we are to show other people what being a disciple of Christ means.
JWs say that feeding in Matthew 24:45 means teaching and being taught but then they ignore the command made to those living when Jesus was here.
Why would he command them to teach and baptize if the only baptism which counts is the JW one?
I think what they teach is that those who are resurrected must get baptized the JW way, even if they were baptized for God when they lived.
I am taught by The Living God as I think even non-believers are also.
I am careful with my words and my actions so that I won't discourage anyone (on purpose). If a person is discouraged I do not want it to my fault.
When I speak about the Kingdom of God I try to stay with the conversation thus I am "feeding people at the right time".

ps I do not know what reps means. Is it "repeats"?

djhwoodwerks

I was fairly certain that you would avoid my question. The existence of the slave is not at issue...Jesus clearly says that he appoints him to "feed" his fellow slaves, but his identity is a mystery because of the fact that Jesus asked that question..."Who really is the faithful and wise slave?"...so who is he for you djhw? Please don't dodge the question again.

No, the existence of the slave is not the issue, it's who claims to be that slave that is the issue. You see, I find it very hard to believe that God didn't have a "household" on earth, or He didn't care about that "household" until C.T. Russel or Rutherford, which ever is believed to have been appointed first, as the slave. Instead of avoiding my request for scripture pointing to the future appointment of the slave (except for the "question" Jesus asked His disciples in Mat 24:45) please provide your undeniable scriptural proof.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
An idea like a bird just settled on me.
Why is Matthew 24:45 a question?
It is because nobody is saved until they reach the end. Matthew 24:13 A person might be a disciple then leave discipleship. The Law says that any good a sinner had done is not counted to him if he turns to unrighteousness.

Ezekiel 18:24
"But if a righteous person turns from their righteousness and commits sin and does the same detestable things the wicked person does, will they live? None of the righteous things that person has done will be remembered. Because of the unfaithfulness they are guilty of and because of the sins they have committed, they will die.

Because he does not stand firm then he is not worthy to be feeding others.
So who really is "faithful and discreet"? They who endure faithful to God to the end. There is NO WAY to know who. Thus, a question!

Psalms 15:1-5

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Sorry, it was John 17:3, which is Jesus' own acknowledgment that his Father is "the only true God" as opposed to the many that exist in false worship.

The apostle Paul also wrote...
1 Cor 8:5, 6:
"For even though there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth, just as there are many “gods” and many “lords,” 6 there is actually to us one God, the Father, from whom all things are and we for him; and there is one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things are and we through him."

When Moses was given the assignment to free Israel from slavery in Egypt he said to God...
Ex 3:13:
Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your forefathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is his name?’ What should I say to them?

God answered....

Ex 3:15:
“This is what you are to say to the Israelites, ‘Jehovah the God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.’ This is my name forever, and this is how I am to be remembered from generation to generation."

If you look up Psalm 83:18 in the KJV you will see that "Jehovah" is described as "the Most High over all the earth" As the "Most High" that means that there is no one higher, though false gods are worshipped in equal esteem in the world.

He also said that those who "call on the name of Jehovah will be saved." (Rom 13:10) He was quoting Joel 2:32 where God's name appears in the original text.

Jehovah's name was connected to his people.

My dear sister, you have given a fine witness! But it is probably in vain -- not with Firedragon, but with the 'djh' person. He definitely wants to argue!

I have an experience to relate: I and a fellow Witness were at a house in Ohio, and there were at least 3 women in that house. I was speaking with one of them at the door; she was very argumentative and unreasonable in her statements! The sister I was with, overheard the other two talking in the background....one asked the other, "Why are we even talking to these people." (meaning us.) The other replied, "If we keep them here, they won't be able to reach the other people in this neighborhood." Satan was behind that reasoning!

Last edited:

12jtartar

Premium Member
JW's require circumcision? I'm not sure what the thread title is referring to.

Jesu disciple,
On the night before Jesus' death, on the Passover of 33CE Jesus instituted The New Covenant, Luke 22:14-20. This Covenant, was much superior to the Mosaic Law Covenant, because it was based on the blood of Jesus, God's Onlybegotten Son, not no the blood of goats and Bulls, as the Mosaic Law Covenant was. The New Covenant Superseded the Old Covenant, Hebrews 8: 5-13. Under the New Covenant a Christian can get complete forgiveness of sins that could not be forgiven under the Mosaic Law Covenant, Acts 13:27-39. This concept is not understood by most who claim to be Christians. Please understand what is said here and do not let Satan put a veil over your eyes as he has done to the vast majority of Jews, Acts 13:40,41, 2Corinthians 4:3,4, 2Corinthians 3:1-16, Matthew 13:13-15.
Since the Mosaic Law Covenant ended on 33CE, no one is required to be circumcised.
No gentile was ever under the Mosaic Covenant, unless they were Proselytes under the Mosaic Law Covenant, and no Jew is under the Mosaic Law Covenent since Jesus death, at 33CE, Romans 2:14, 6:14,15.
There are some things that are in both Covenants, but these were reiterated, by Jesus, such as the Law about loving God and neighbor, some laws on marriage. Think though, when a person is married, he may say some of the same things that most people say when getting married. That does not mean that all people are in the same marriage covenant.

djhwoodwerks

No, the existence of the slave is not the issue, it's who claims to be that slave that is the issue. You see, I find it very hard to believe that God didn't have a "household" on earth, or He didn't care about that "household" until C.T. Russel or Rutherford, which ever is believed to have been appointed first, as the slave. Instead of avoiding my request for scripture pointing to the future appointment of the slave (except for the "question" Jesus asked His disciples in Mat 24:45) please provide your undeniable scriptural proof.

It's been over a month now and no one has provided any scriptural proof that Jesus meant that there would be a "future" appointment of a slave. I guess if they can't use the "question" Jesus asked at Mat 24:45, they have nothing.

12jtartar

Premium Member
djhwoodwerks,
Some things that are mentioned in the Bible, are not proved, by what the Bible actually says, but there is reasonable truth to all things mentioned in the Scriptures.
As to Matthew 24:45, let's reason on it. The Scripture asks the question; Who is the faithful and wise servant whom the Lord HAS set over his household, to give them heir food in due season?? Notice that this Scripture says that the faithful and wise servant HAS been set by the lord. Matthew finished his writing of his Bible book bout 41CE, and Jesus died on 33CE. This means that the faithful slave had already been set around 8 years before Matthew wrote his book.
Since the servant was already set, who was the servant that would give food to God's household?? Since the Apostles were the recognized authority over Bible truth, in the first century, they would of course be the main part of that servant. The Bible writers would certainly be a part, of the ones feeding God's household.
A point to remember, all of the early Christians, were Anointed but God, and so all would be of that servant, right down to today, for the Bible tells us that some of them would be on earth when Jesus returns, 1Thessalonians 4:14-17.
Also consider what Jesus said next, that when comes he would find this servant fulfilling their assigned feeding, and THEN he would set them over ALL of his belongings, including the resurrected ones and the ones who live until Jesus returns.
Now, here is something very few understand. These Anointed ones, who live until Jesus comes again, and the resurrected ones are taken to heaven, to be Kings and Priests, Co-rulers with Jesus, 1Thessalonians 4:15-17, 1Corinthians 15:51-54, Romans 8:14-17. These Anointed ones will take part in the First Resurrection, Revelation 20:4-6, 14:1-5, 5:8-10. These ones will be resurrected as New Creations, 2Corinthians 5:17, Galatians 6:15, and made Immortal, 1Corinthians 15:51-54. Because they will be immortal the Second Death will have no authority over them, Revelation 2:11, 20:5,6. All the ones resurrected in the general resurrection will live on earth, and the ones who come out of the Great Tribulation can still die if they will not obey Jesus and the Kings and Priests that go to heaven to rule during The Thousand Year Judgment Day, Revelation 20:1-3,6,7, John 5:28,29.

12jtartar

Premium Member
Religions are composed of beliefs and belief statements like the one you're making. By your own reasoning, no belief statement, even the one you're making, is more right or true than any other. . . So it's arrogant, and a sign of ego, for you to dogmatically make the statement you're making. This is to say your tongue is clearly forming a noose around your own neck as it attempts to lasso everyone else.

John
Does that mean that you know more than God, who is perfect in knowledge, Job 36:4,37:16. You statement reminds me of Satan when he called God a lier, Genesis 3:4,5, when he told Eve she surely would not die. Eve died and so will everyone who disagrees with what the Bible says. There is only ONE religion, faith, One Baptism, that God accepts, Ephesians, 4:3-6. All other religions are False, fermented through and through!!! 1Corinthians 5:6-8.
Explain to me why there would be more than One, when the Bible says there will be no divisions, and would speak the same judgment, and have the same line of thought??? There was only one ark for the saving of mankind, there is only one faith, one Baptism, for the saving of mankind, 1Corinthians 1:10, 1Peter 3:18-21.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Does that mean that you know more than God,
Every religious leader acts as they they know more than God. Why are you bothering a single soul on the internet? Is he teaching children his opinion? ARE YOU?

If you should stumble just one child you won't make it to God's side. I think you know that.

John D. Brey

Does that mean that you know more than God, who is perfect in knowledge, Job 36:4,37:16. You statement reminds me of Satan when he called God a lier, Genesis 3:4,5, when he told Eve she surely would not die. Eve died and so will everyone who disagrees with what the Bible says. There is only ONE religion, faith, One Baptism, that God accepts, Ephesians, 4:3-6. All other religions are False, fermented through and through!!! 1Corinthians 5:6-8.
Explain to me why there would be more than One, when the Bible says there will be no divisions, and would speak the same judgment, and have the same line of thought??? There was only one ark for the saving of mankind, there is only one faith, one Baptism, for the saving of mankind, 1Corinthians 1:10, 1Peter 3:18-21.

. . . You should read more carefully. Look at the statement I was responding to. I was merely showing my interlocutor that she/he was making a dogmatic statement that contradicted her/his ability to make that dogmatic statement.

John

Oeste

There is only ONE religion, faith, One Baptism, that God accepts, Ephesians, 4:3-6. All other religions are False, fermented through and through!!! 1Corinthians 5:6-8

You are adding to scripture in violation of scripture (Deuteronomy 4:2, Revelation 22:19). There is only one faith...it says nothing about "one religion". Do not allow anyone to confuse faith with religion for you as the two are not the same.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You are adding to scripture in violation of scripture (Deuteronomy 4:2, Revelation 22:19). There is only one faith...it says nothing about "one religion". Do not allow anyone to confuse faith with religion for you as the two are not the same.
Good point! It is as though for them a person can not rightly serve God until he finds the "true religion" which didn't even exist when the cloud of witnesses existed. Hebrews 12:1