• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Insignificance of Gilgamesh

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I don't believe there is any evidence to support their view.

Then how do different geologists from around the globe keep coming up with the same dates independently from one another?
Do you really think that geologists en mass are all "just believing" this for no reason at all? And the fact that they independently from one another keep coming up with the same answers, is just a coincidence?

Perhaps you should try a little intellectually honest reflection and opening up your closed mind for an inch or two.

Ask yourself a question: what is more likely? That ALL geologists are wrong about geology? Or that you, a non-geologist, are wrong about geology.............

sooda

Veteran Member
I believe God was instrumental in the writing of the Bible.

The evidence that I have seen is that there was a flood. If you haven't seen it you should look on Wikipedia.

The Bible stories have been redacted, combined and amended hundreds of times to make them more fantastic, sensation etc.

sooda

Veteran Member
Then how do different geologists from around the globe keep coming up with the same dates independently from one another?
Do you really think that geologists en mass are all "just believing" this for no reason at all? And the fact that they independently from one another keep coming up with the same answers, is just a coincidence?

Perhaps you should try a little intellectually honest reflection and opening up your closed mind for an inch or two.

Ask yourself a question: what is more likely? That ALL geologists are wrong about geology? Or that you, a non-geologist, are wrong about geology.............

This is about education. American isn't doing too well.

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
I believe it is the archeological evidence.

Which archeological evidence?

Wikipedia reflects the views of the majority of its contributors so calling it a myth is an opinion.

No. That's not how wikipedia works. Wikipedia tends to reflect the consensus of the scientific community. Which is anything but "opinion".

The consensus of the scientific community is based on peer reviewed publications and evidence. Like archeological evidence. Which to my knowledge, does not support any magical flood myth from any religion.

sooda

Veteran Member
Which archeological evidence?

No. That's not how wikipedia works. Wikipedia tends to reflect the consensus of the scientific community. Which is anything but "opinion".

The consensus of the scientific community is based on peer reviewed publications and evidence. Like archeological evidence. Which to my knowledge, does not support any magical flood myth from any religion.

There is NO geological evidence to support a global flood, but you can see what the fundamentalists have done to education..

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I believe God was instrumental in the writing of the Bible.

The evidence that I have seen is that there was a flood. If you haven't seen it you should look on Wikipedia.
There is no scientific evidence of a flood. But then you do not even understand the concept of scientific evidence. All of the scientific evidence out there tells us that there was no flood.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I don't believe there is any evidence to support their view.
Then you are terribly uneducated about all of the sciences. If you have no education in the sciences what makes you think that your claims have any validity at all.

As usual I will offer to first go over the concept of scientific evidence so that you can recognize evidence when it is presented to you.