• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Inerrant Bible???

rosends

There is a word for the singular, a word for the dual, and a word for plural, where it is commonly known to be 3, unless followed by a higher number. As the people who translated the texts, their reports are public record, not my statement those of the greatest scholars of the 20th century
really? Show me in the Hebrew please.

rosends

Please, this is from the scholars who translated the 700 B.C. fragment of Isaiah 51, oldest known copy of Jewish texts. I do not have a degree in language, but will gladly debate historical fact.
OK, show me a citation to an accessible piece of historical writing which shows the Hebrew in Isaiah and makes the distinction you claim based on the visible writing on the scroll.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
The Inerrant Bible???
Does Jesus claim that Christian Bible is inerrant? Please
If Jesus claimed that Christian-Bible is inerrant, then kindly quote from Jesus in this connection, please. Right?
Since nobody has quoted from Jesus that NT Bible is inerrant so it is not supported by (Jesus) Yeshua- the Israelite Messiah. Right?
So, it is yet another another phony Pauline creed invented afterwards, it transpires, please. Right?

Regards

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
First off, let's define the term "inerrant" for the duration of this discussion: free from error.
Source - Definition of INERRANT

Next let's define who wrote the Bible, regardless of translation: humans.

Given that humans do make mistakes quite often, it is safe to assume that the biblical authors included errors within their writings. A quick Google search for "biblical contradictions" will present numerous entries. Why then do people insist on an inerrant Bible? Some people will go so far as to disregard science and/or observable facts, in order to maintain that the Bible is error free.

A few examples:

1 Kings 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.
2 Chronicles 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

Genesis 32:30
For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time.

Matthew 27:5 And he [Judas] cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. And the chief priests...bought with them the potter's field.
Acts 1:18 Now this man [Judas] purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

The list goes on and on...

Others realize the mistakes but try and spin those facts into something else by saying stuff like:

Some things have to be taken metaphorically
Only the Autographs (originals) are inerrant (but have long been lost/destroyed...no proof)
Words are rearranged in translation for sentence structure, and thus true meaning is lost
We only have the written context, the verbal context is missing
Or they just M.S.U. in order to explain something

Edit: I dare say that some people could be considered idol worshippers, for their reverence toward a book. They place that book on par with God.

Yep.

It's completely a human made work.

I think it is weird how anyone thinks these are errors in the Bible.

1 Kings 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen.
2 Chronicles 9:25 And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen; whom he bestowed in the chariot cities, and with the king at Jerusalem.

They are not speaking of the same thing. First is speaking of stalls for horses, second is speaking of stalls for chariots and horses.

...Genesis 32:30
For I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.
John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time.

I recommend to read the whole Genesis 32:30, then you would notice it was a man that was also called a god [elohim], not the one and only true God that can't be seen face to face without dying.

The man said, “Let me go, for the day breaks.” Jacob said, “I won’t let you go, unless you bless me.”
Gen. 32:26

...Matthew 27:5
And he [Judas] cast down the pieces of silver in the temple, and departed, and went and hanged himself. And the chief priests...bought with them the potter's field.
Acts 1:18 Now this man [Judas] purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

It is possible that hanged person fells.