• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Indo-Aryan: Did they ever enter the Indian subcontinent from the outside? Or did these people develop indigenously in the Greater Panjab?

River Sea

The Indo-Aryan Controversy: Did they ever enter the Indian subcontinent from the outside? Or did these people develop indigenously in the Greater Panjab?

Michael Witzel asked?
Who were the “Aryans”? What was their spiritual
and material culture and their outlook on life? Did they ever enter the Indian
subcontinent from the outside? Or did these people develop indigenously in the
Greater Panjab?

Michael Witzel begins on page 354 with the number shown on the left, or number 341 at the bottom of the page. This is the same page where Michael Witzel begins.

Last edited:

River Sea

For example, Swaminatha Aiyar writes:
. . . from a linguistic point of view also, Dravidian is more comparable to
Indo-Aryan than to any other language family in the world . . . But
Dravidian may be the first to have been separated and went north. Next
the centum people separated and left through the Himalayan passes to
Caspian or Pamir and then to Europe etc. The satem speakers left after
that, batch by batch. The last batch might have been the Iranians.
(1975, quoted with approval by Misra 1992: 73–8)

The Indo-Aryan Controversy: Evidence and Inference in Indian History

Page 373 from left side or page 359 bottom page (same page)

blü 2

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Indo-Aryan Controversy: Did they ever enter the Indian subcontinent from the outside? Or did these people develop indigenously in the Greater Panjab?

Michael Witzel begins on page 354 with the number shown on the left, or number 341 at the bottom of the page. This is the same page where Michael Witzel begins.
I'm not your go-to man for Indo-Aryan history, but all the research seems to agree that H sap sap evolved in Africa, from where waves of emigration occurred at various times.

As I understand it, this, and the directions the emigrants variously took, are derived from the DNA of human remains ─ rare and random finds ─ and crossed fingers.

After that, I don't think I can add much.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Indo-Aryans migrated to India around 4,000 years ago from Afghanistan. As late as in Alexander's time the region was known as Ariana.
alexander_empire.jpg

Last edited:

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails

Witzel is a hardcore supporter of invasion theory. Let us explore what others have to say.

Bharat Jhunjhunwala

TruthPrevails
I'm not your go-to man for Indo-Aryan history, but all the research seems to agree that H sap sap evolved in Africa, from where waves of emigration occurred at various times.

As I understand it, this, and the directions the emigrants variously took, are derived from the DNA of human remains ─ rare and random finds ─ and crossed fingers.

After that, I don't think I can add much.
Oppenheimer says they reached south asia at 60kya. Then they migrated from South Asia to Europe 40 to 25 kya. So another westward migration is entirely plausible.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Oppenheimer says they reached south asia at 60kya. Then they migrated from South Asia to Europe 40 to 25 kya. So another westward migration is entirely plausible.
They - Who? Do you mean the first humans? Another Westward Migration of which people, from where to where, when?
Such a vague post on history is really meaningless. There is no evidence of a large western migration from India in any age,
If you have any such evidence, kindly mention that.
The oldest Indo-European culture that I find in Wikipedia is Seroglazovo (Seroglazovka culture - Wikipedia - 7th Millennium BCE).Yes, from there, IE people moved West around (approx.) 4,500 BCE (Starčevo–Körös–Criș culture - Wikipedia), to North 3,500 (Samara) and East around 2,500 BCE (Oxus Valley). Those who moved East were later known as Indo-Iranian Aryans. The Indian branch arrived around 2,000 -1,500 BCE.

1706885032467.png
Early human migrations - Wikipedia

Last edited: