• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The idea of hell is emotionally draining.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Buddy I think you mistaking Vengeance for Justice. There's a difference.

Social justice has a different understanding. Vengeance and cosmic justice though go hand to hand, and there is no difference when it comes to oppressors. Vengeance is justice in their case.

Social justice has a different understanding. Vengeance and cosmic justice though go hand to hand, and there is no difference when it comes to oppressors. Vengeance is justice in their case.

I don't believe in the concept of cosmic justice.

But when you act against oppressors it's not vengeance, it's social justice. Unless your one of the oppressors.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't believe in the concept of cosmic justice.

But when you act against oppressors it's not vengeance, it's social justice. Unless your one of the oppressors.

There is a place for everything inside a human soul. Hate has a proper place as well. Nothing in a human is not from God, even hate has a proper place.

When we love and hate chaotically without guidance, neither love nor hate is virtuous. When our love and hate is based on reality and truth and true value whether positive or negative, it's virtuous.

Emotions guided by God become virtuous, love and hate, become virtuous when guided by God.

You temper your hate by discipline and still have compassion and forbearance and forgiveness, but it has a place.

There is a place for everything inside a human soul. Hate has a proper place as well. Nothing in a human is not from God, even hate has a proper place.

When we love and hate chaotically without guidance, neither love nor hate is virtuous. When our love and hate is based on reality and truth and true value whether positive or negative, it's virtuous.

Emotions guided by God become virtuous, love and hate, become virtuous when guided by God.

You temper your hate by discipline and still have compassion and forbearance and forgiveness, but it has a place.

I can get behind most of what you said except from the need of a God.

Here's an idea. We often consider love to be the opposite of hate, but what if thats wrong and the opposite of hate is reason?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I can get behind most of what you said except from the need of a God.

Here's an idea. We often consider love to be the opposite of hate, but what if thats wrong and the opposite of hate is reason?

Reason or intellect has all virtues according to the hadiths of Ahlulbayt (a).

There are 72 armies of intellect and 72 armies of ignorance. You are right, when contrasted together, when hate is anti-place of love, then it's of the armies of ignorance and love generally is of the armies of intelligence. These are just general guide lines and descriptions.

At the end though reality, everything has a proper place in a human. Doubt is good but it's too far when it doesn't accept proofs and evidence and argues with what is clearly proven to the soul. Certainty ceases also to be good when we accept conjecture and falsehood with truth. How can we tell what we are certain of if we mix our certainty with false things?