• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Hero's Journey and where people get stuck

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Hero's journey - Wikipedia discusses various versions. Campbell's one can be read as having a male orientation because a presumptive male is tempted by a female figure although it does not have to be read as such.

Guitar's Cry

Disciple of Pan
I think the mistake is also made in assuming this pertains to high adventure, but also can just relate to mundane adventures like a new job or relationship, or a vacation taken to break away from routine and rediscover meaning.

PureX

Veteran Member
"Stuck" compared to what? We are always living in the here and now. There is nowhere else we can ever be. And if we don't like it, all we have to do is step to the left, or step to the right. Do that instead of this. Existence is change. We can't avoid it. But we can choose it's direction, to a degree.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I'm more scared of outside than inside.
unfortunately there is the negative vs positive result as such. as one poster stated, change is going to come and with it the self chooses the direction they want to go with it, or be forced into some landing they don't want. you can either swim with the current or against it.

for sometime i swam against it, just trying to survive, trying to find someone who loved me.

then i felt it, my own existence as alan watts called it. i stopped pretending to be something else and realize I was loved, i wanted to be loved, and I AM love just like everyone else.

everyone wants to be loved but not everyone is loving; especially when they are hating.

Last edited:

Gargovic Malkav

unfortunately there is the negative vs positive result as such. as one poster stated, change is going to come and with it the self chooses the direction they want to go with it, or be forced into some landing they don't want. you can either swim with the current or against it.

This view is not new to me.
The rational ability to understand something vs the emotional ability to accept it and act accordingly can be a different story though...

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This view is not new to me.
The rational ability to understand something vs the emotional ability to accept it and act accordingly can be a different story though...
what is rational can seem prudent but with love there is a bond forged; even a child grasps this.

so winning the heart and the mind of a person, is a wholeness that won't be easily broken.

Last edited:

Gargovic Malkav

what is rational can seem prudent but with love there is a bond forged; even a child grasps this.

so winning the heart and the mind of a person, is a wholeness that can't be broken.

I like what you said, but I'm not sure that's true.
I think I might've done the impossible according to your logic...

And although I'm fairly sure I might've done something wrong about the way I've done it, I'm not sure I regret that I no longer have to deal with those people anymore.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I like what you said, but I'm not sure that's true.
I think I might've done the impossible according to your logic...

And although I'm fairly sure I might've done something wrong about the way I've done it, I'm not sure I regret that I no longer have to deal with those people anymore.
some people will never overcome the duality of mind, because they want power more than love.

money can't buy you love but it can buy lots of things that the owner doesn't/can't share with others. it becomes very lonely; especially at dinner time. Setting down at a table of one and having no one "to share" self with.

all we can do is offer to share the journey together. Its their right to refuse love and live in a us vs them reality of their own beliefs.

Gargovic Malkav

some people will never overcome the duality of mind, because they want power more than love.

money can't buy you love but it can buy lots of things that the owner doesn't/can't share with others. it becomes very lonely; especially at dinner time. Setting down at a table of one and having no one "to share" self with.

all we can do is offer to share the journey together. Its their right to refuse love and live in a us vs them reality of their own beliefs.

It's not about money.
It's my tendency to judge people when I am (ironically) annoyed by their judgemental and elitist attitude, and the fear that they may have a bad influence on me.

There were a few which whom I could tell they liked me.
And I liked them... For a while.
But the more they talked, the more I got annoyed with them.
So I decided and made it clear that I no longer wanted them in my life anymore.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
It's not about money.
It's my tendency to judge people when I am (ironically) annoyed by their judgemental and elitist attitude, and the fear that they may have a bad influence on me.

There were a few which whom I could tell they liked me.
And I liked them... For a while.
But the more they talked, the more I got annoyed with them.
So I decided and made it clear that I no longer wanted them in my life anymore.
i didn't say money; specifically for a reason. i wrote "power". money is something we give importance to and use in place of barter but power can take many forms and is used by the elitist to enslave other as self; without love. it is a mental bondage that seeks to use other to gain more material things. it is a self-serving motive, will. in the hero's journey, he returns with something that is a boon to everyone and not just themself.