• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Gospel According to Anonymous.

Do we know who wrote the Gospels?

• Total voters

Ken Brown

Not at all. Why avoid the historical truth?

I love the beauty and history behind the scripture. But facts are facts. They were written decades after Jesus death by another culture that Jesus didn't really belong to. They were written from oral traditions in a, for the most part, illiterate culture who relied on oral tradition.

This does not detract from the value or beauty of scripture, its just understanding the real history. These books were not written to be read as literal history. They were songs, poems, metaphor and allegory, mythology and yes some real history.

What do you say about the contradictions? do you think this was god inspired and inerrant?

what is that?

Hi outhouse, contradictions and errors have occurred, and for the most part, they are there to keep the wicked and unbelieving from repenting, and being healed. But that will change someday.

The SIDB is the Shackledthought & Irrationalism Discussion Board. KB

outhouse

Atheistically
Hi outhouse, contradictions and errors have occurred, and for the most part, they are there to keep the wicked and unbelieving from repenting, and being healed. But that will change someday.

Well your on your own there, and I don't think you have anything to back it.

What I personally see, is Hellenistic authors that wrote about Jesus at all, who obviously they knew nothing about. We have Gmark and Gluke and Gmatthew then these two copy Gmark. Then Gjohn way out in left field chimes in.

What really helps to understand the real history of the NT is to study the OT as well. Understanding how religions evolved over time helps to understand how Christainity evolved as well.

The SIDB is the Shackledthought & Irrationalism Discussion Board. KB

There's a few brilliant minds there that are close to the scholarly level. The mythers there are knee deep and hard to wade through.

Ken Brown

Well your on your own there, and I don't think you have anything to back it.

What I personally see, is Hellenistic authors that wrote about Jesus at all, who obviously they knew nothing about. We have Gmark and Gluke and Gmatthew then these two copy Gmark. Then Gjohn way out in left field chimes in.

What really helps to understand the real history of the NT is to study the OT as well. Understanding how religions evolved over time helps to understand how Christainity evolved as well.

There's a few brilliant minds there that are close to the scholarly level. The mythers there are knee deep and hard to wade through.

Hi outhouse, the scholars of the world will be put to shame by those who have been taught by the Spirit. Those "brilliant minds" are blinded by their own infallibility and self-worth, and in the end, will be exposed as knowing nothing. They would do well to listen more and teach less. But you know, I could be wrong, I am only a carpenter. KB

outhouse

Atheistically
Hi outhouse, the scholars of the world will be put to shame by those who have been taught by the Spirit. Those "brilliant minds" are blinded by their own infallibility and self-worth, and in the end, will be exposed as knowing nothing. They would do well to listen more and teach less. But you know, I could be wrong, I am only a carpenter. KB

Im really sorry that theism has blinded you to real history by those with more education then you and who live their lives to understand history, not theology.

Your admitting to closing your eyes to education and knowledge. This is my main problem with theism.

Exactly how will anyone be put to shame by honestly following what is really known about the world we live?

And who are you to make threats your religion teaches you not too?

Avoice

fantôme profane;3291339 said:
Thank you for the note. I don't believe that was true, but thank you.

I'm trying to find a scripture I remember from my Bible reading on this. I'll post it, if and when I find it.:)

Ken Brown

Im really sorry that theism has blinded you to real history by those with more education then you and who live their lives to understand history, not theology.

Your admitting to closing your eyes to education and knowledge. This is my main problem with theism.

Exactly how will anyone be put to shame by honestly following what is really known about the world we live?

And who are you to make threats your religion teaches you not too?

Hi outhouse, you know what, the philosophers and theologians of Paul's day were well educated also, and they were shamed by those who were low and feeble in respect to the standard of education which was supposed to be wise and mighty. Elohim can take an uneducated person and defeat any high and mighty scholar they come up against. I am a perfect example of that in respect to what he has blessed me in knowing. But then again, I could be wrong, I am only a high school educated carpenter. KB

outhouse

Atheistically
Elohim can take an uneducated person and defeat any high and mighty scholar they come up against.

How can your deity of choice give you knowledge that we know is limited, over that of Professors who have devoted their lives to the education and knowledge of biblical studies?

Ken Brown

How can your deity of choice give you knowledge that we know is limited, over that of Professors who have devoted their lives to the education and knowledge of biblical studies?

Hi outhouse, it depends upon the Deity of choice as to whether or not He shares His Spirit with you. The Apostle Paul says that what does a man really know of things, save the spirit which is in him, likewise, how do we know of our Deity of choice except through the Spirit that He shares with us. Professors that do not share in the Spirit of Elohim are easy prey for those who have His Spirit. KB

outhouse

Atheistically
Hi outhouse, it depends upon the Deity of choice as to whether or not He shares His Spirit with you. The Apostle Paul says that what does a man really know of things, save the spirit which is in him, likewise, how do we know of our Deity of choice except through the Spirit that He shares with us. Professors that do not share in the Spirit of Elohim are easy prey for those who have His Spirit. KB

Factual they are not prey, neither in science or history nor religion.

Faith alone has no merit at all to understanding religion, history or science that applies to religion.

Love ya brother, but I dont see it.

Shermana

Heretic

How does one know if he shares his Spirit with you?

It seems in Paul's writing, it will always be accompanied by some kind of gift as a sign, like speaking in Tongues or prophesying.

So how do we know who has received the Spirit, and who is falsely claiming to have received it? Sure seems to be a LOT of people who claim they have it, but they don't seem to share the same views even on essential doctrines.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
LOL

he's the professor....thats funny :D

....its funnier that he stresses the point that we should use our brains, yet he gleaned all his anti bible propaganda from other peoples brains rather then his own. Strange man.
Yeah it's hilarious. :rolleyes: Umm,he took the time to learn Greek so he could read and analyze the New Testament in it's original language. Have you done that?

So no, he didn't get his ideas from other people's brains.

Last edited:

Ken Brown

How does one know if he shares his Spirit with you?

It seems in Paul's writing, it will always be accompanied by some kind of gift as a sign, like speaking in Tongues or prophesying.

So how do we know who has received the Spirit, and who is falsely claiming to have received it? Sure seems to be a LOT of people who claim they have it, but they don't seem to share the same views even on essential doctrines.

Hi Shermana, I think over time it will be evident to all as to who has the Spirit, and who doesn't. We are to test/try the spirits to see if they are of Elohim, and we even have heresies amoung us to show those who have Elohim's approval by the Knowledge and Understanding they have been given, by the Spirit. One gift of the Spirit is Wisdom, another gift is Knowledge, another gift is Faith, and so on, but everyone does not have ALL the gifts of the Spirit, just the gift that they have been blessed with. What is your gift? KB

Shermana

Heretic
Hi Shermana, I think over time it will be evident to all as to who has the Spirit, and who doesn't. We are to test/try the spirits to see if they are of Elohim, and we even have heresies amoung us to show those who have Elohim's approval by the Knowledge and Understanding they have been given, by the Spirit. One gift of the Spirit is Wisdom, another gift is Knowledge, another gift is Faith, and so on, but everyone does not have ALL the gifts of the Spirit, just the gift that they have been blessed with. What is your gift? KB

What do you think it means to "Test" the Spirits exactly?

Who decides what is a heresy?

I have my own interpretation of what makes it "evident" of course, inability to attest to questions and intellectually dishonest answers and logical fallacies and resorting to saying things like "I have the Spirit" when challenged are all evidence that they don't have it.

It seems to me the criteria most have on this is whether it agrees with their own interpretation and beliefs.

Which is fine, because that's technically my own criteria, except I'd like to think mine doesn't involve as much blind dedication to orthodox church views and the idea of traditional Canonical infallibility.

Many people have "faith" but does that mean its a gift of the Spirit? What if they have faith in Moonie-ism? Mormons have some of the most faith I've ever seen, along with JWs. So does that mean they have the Spirit?

Who are we to say who has "Wisdom" and "Knowledge" exactly? I've met many very knowledgeable Mormons, do they have the Spirit? I have met wise Messianic Jews, do they have the Spirit? If they have the Spirit, does that mean that those who are opposed to their views don't have it?

I'd tell you what I might consider my gift to be but I don't like to publicly discuss it.

Last edited:

Ken Brown

What do you think it means to "Test" the Spirits exactly?

Who decides what is a heresy?

I have my own interpretation of what makes it "evident" of course, inability to attest to questions and intellectually dishonest answers and logical fallacies and resorting to saying things like "I have the Spirit" when challenged are all evidence that they don't have it.

It seems to me the criteria most have on this is whether it agrees with their own interpretation and beliefs.

Which is fine, because that's technically my own criteria, except I'd like to think mine doesn't involve as much blind dedication to orthodox church views and the idea of traditional Canonical infallibility.

Many people have "faith" but does that mean its a gift of the Spirit? What if they have faith in Moonie-ism? Mormons have some of the most faith I've ever seen, along with JWs. So does that mean they have the Spirit?

Who are we to say who has "Wisdom" and "Knowledge" exactly? I've met many very knowledgeable Mormons, do they have the Spirit? I have met wise Messianic Jews, do they have the Spirit? If they have the Spirit, does that mean that those who are opposed to their views don't have it?

I'd tell you what I might consider my gift to be but I don't like to publicly discuss it.

Hi Shermana, a very nice response! I will try to answer you in the order of what you have written above.

You can TEST the spirits by challenging the beliefs they are compelling their victims to profess.

Those who KNOW the Truth can determine what is heresy or not.

It's good that you have an interpretation of what makes evident as to who has the Spirit. This is mine. When someone can show an explanation of something that is very difficult to understand, which scholars and theologians are lost over, and takes that difficult teaching and makes it simple, then that shows me they have the Spirit of Elohim.

To be sure, everyone has their own beliefs and interpretations that are given to them by the spirits that are out in the world. The problem is, most of those spirits are deceitful spirits, and not the True Spirit of Elhohim.

Now, blind dedication to orthodox church views is the source of confusion that is rampant within traditional christianity, and this we can agree upon. Here is a little tidbit that you can chew on. Israel had TWO temples. One was destroyed by Babylon, and the other by the cold steel of Rome. Those TWO temples are a shadow or figure of the TWO Witnesses, the TWO Spiritual Temples/Witnesses of the Body of Messiah. The FIRST Witness of Yeshua (His Body-The Temple) was the Apostolic Assembly. This FIRST Assembly/Witness was KILLED and DESTROYED by confusion/Babylon. And just as all the sacred objects of worship were carried away to the temple in Babylon with physical Israel, so also the True Doctrines and Teachings of the First Witness were carried off and misused in the confused/Babylonian church of traditional christianity. Chew on this Shermana, for it is the Truth.

Concerning the JW's, the Mormons, and all the daughters that have come out of the Great Whore, yes, they all feel they and only they have the true beliefs of Elohim. That is not by accident. Satan KNOWS that a 2nd Witness will rise up before Yeshua returns and will give this world the SAME Gospel testimony as the 1st Witness gave, and this is why Satan has raised up so many counterfeits so that he can try to keep the One True Assembly obscure or hidden, but that will fail. The New Moon will continue to wax.

Finally, I think I know what your gift is. KB

Ken Brown

Wow, what a piece of work.

Hi Katzpur, you are a brave soul aren't you? Congratulations, there needs to be more brave souls. Now, are you just a brave soul without any understanding, are you a brave soul that can cast down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of Elohim? KB

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Hi Katzpur, you are a brave soul aren't you?
I don't know about that. I've never considered myself particularly brave. I just don't have much use for self-righteous people who are actually so insecure in their own beliefs that they compensate by degrading the beliefs of others. It's a trait that totally turns me off, to the point that I refuse to even lower myself to try to talk to talk to them. They're a complete waste of my time.

Ken Brown

I don't know about that. I've never considered myself particularly brave. I just don't have much use for self-righteous people who are actually so insecure in their own beliefs that they compensate by degrading the beliefs of others. It's a trait that totally turns me off, to the point that I refuse to even lower myself to try to talk to talk to them. They're a complete waste of my time.

Hi Katzpur, first, I am not at all insecure in my beliefs, and secondly, do you want to talk about self-righteous people? They are spoken about in the Doctrines and Covenants, by describing them (your elders) as they cannot be taught, but only teach. Isn't this very degrading of others beliefs? But that's right, you would not want to waste your time with someone who felt they were above being taught by someone else would you?

Doctrines and Covenants 43:15:

15 Again I say, hearken ye elders of my church, whom I have appointed: Ye are not sent forth to be be taught, but to teach the children of men the things which I have put into your hands by the power of my Spirit;

It looks like it may be the case of the pot calling the kettle black. KB

Last edited:

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
It looks like it may be the case of the pot calling the kettle black. KB
Yeah, whatever. :rolleyes: But hey, don't let me interrupt your fun. You won't be here all that long anyway. I've seen so many of your kind come and go over the years that I've learned it's just a matter of time before you, too, are history.

Last edited: