• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The God as Otherness

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
who could ascend into heaven to bring an infinite god down or into the depths to raise christ eternal up? who could cross the seas to return buddha to the place of the bereft?

where is brahman's, buddha's or christ's nature now? it is always with us? who or what separated themselves from absolute, the universe?

Deuteronomy 30:12

If this ain't love, why does it feel so good?

If you awaken from this illusion and you understand that black implies white, self implies other, life implies death (or shall I say death implies life?), you can feel yourself – not as a stranger in the world, not as something here on probation, not as something that has arrived here by fluke - but you can begin to feel your own existence as absolutely fundamental.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
who could ascend into heaven to bring an infinite god down or into the depths to raise christ eternal up? who could cross the seas to return it to the place left bereft?
Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen. He was #1.

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
where is brahman's, buddha's or christ's nature now? it is always with us?
Only if I can be with myself. Aham Brahmasmi.

who or what separated themselves from absolute, the universe?
As I see it, the universe appears within the Absolute as a result of Maya. It is ignorance affect duality.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
where is brahman's, buddha's or christ's nature now?
Not trying to be too picky here, but I find it odd that you included Brahman, whom Hindus say is the ultimate reality underscoring the entire universe, with Buddha and Jesus, who are both human beings.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Not trying to be too picky here, but I find it odd that you included Brahman, whom Hindus say is the ultimate reality underscoring the entire universe, with Buddha and Jesus, who are both human beings.
if this ain't love, why does it feel so good?

i never used the word jesus nor is buddha a single individual. siddhartha gautama was the buddha or a buddha. the monist doesn't differentiate/divide

as to buddha

All Buddhas Are One

The most important thing to understand about the Trikaya is that the countless Buddhas are, ultimately, one Buddha, and the three bodies are also our own body. A person who has intimately experienced the three bodies and realized the truth of these teachings is called a Buddha.

as to christ
colossians 3:11

there are many messiahs, especially those who bear the name I AM that I AM. now what is that? or I WILL BE what I WILL BE. what is that it will be?

or Ephesians 1:13 and 144,000

13 And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

romans 12:5
so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.

Last edited:

SalixIncendium

अग्निविलोवनन्दः
Staff member
Premium Member
What you are describing here is Para Brahman (Nirguna Brahman), Brahman without qualities or attributes. Saguna Brahman is Brahman with qualities and attributes, Brahman manifest as deity.