• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the following cultures.

hindupridemn

Defender of the Truth
Any information on Turkish, Kashmiri, Nepali Sherpa, Siberian, Ainu, Korean, Tuluva, Andamanese, or Austro-Asiatic tribal Indian beliefs?

Cypress

Dragon Mom
The Turkish I think worshiped Cybele, Great Goddess of a mountain in Anatolia.
About the others - no idea.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
Ainu are animists traditionally... though the Russian Orthodox Church is another religious influence in some modern Ainu lives.

They have a deep respect for the Japanese Bear (sadly extinct now) and they don't have a priest class.

I don't know a whole lot more than that unfortunately... except that in many ways their faith is very much like those of the First Nations.

Do you have a particular people in mind from Siberia? There are a large number of native cultures that live in the area (like the Nga, Pugu and Zonget). Many are classic "Shamanistic" animist... that is they have a distinctive priest class and have a particular set of rules about communication with the spirit world. But each group has different spirits and gods and so on.

Which group of Andamanese are you referring to? There are several and are quickly going extinct... naturally they aren't too keen on outsiders and they don't share much about their culture and faith.

The majority of Tuluva are Hindu.

wa:do

hindupridemn

Defender of the Truth
I was wondering about the Chukchi in Siberia in particular. The Andamanese I thought were closely related to each other. Many Tuluva are Jains, some are Muslims or Lutherans. There is a lot of animism in Tuluva belief especially surrounding the spirits of the bay plant. painted_wolf I"m pleasantly surprised to hear you have heard of the Ainu, Andamanese, and Tuluva.

painted wolf

Grey Muzzle
I'm very interested in anthropology, especially native cultures. :D

I know the Chuchki are reindeer herders and "classic Shamanists"... that is the have a distinct priest class that deals with the spirit world in a particular fashion. Usually involving soul gathering and negotiations.

The Andamanese are related... but they are also culturally distinct from one another.

wa:do