• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The first verse of the Bible contains:

Onoma

165,166,167,168?

That's right

So then if you are going to derive Pi in base 10 and assign rank to them using the natural numbers, where do the terms

put you in Pi ?

And while you are thinking about that, think about this

Where does the convention of 86,400 seconds to a day come from, and how many hours are there in one week { the length of the so-called " creation account " }

In other words, How many hours are there in 7 days ?

newgate-clocks-aws14ch-large-electric-wall-clock-chrome.jpg

Onoma

First; what?

Second; why does your signature contain the coats of arms' for Hanover(white horse on a red field) and what looks to be the arms of Saint-Barthélemy(the other end, it isn't perfect but it's what comes to mind)?

Oh, no, that's definitely not the coat of arms for Saint-Barthélemy

That's from an old seal from 1217, the Arms of Champagne, and later the crest of Troyes, France

You might already be familiar with Troyes if you have an interest in religious topics

Ouroboros

Coincidentia oppositorum
That's right

So then if you are going to derive Pi in base 10 and assign rank to them using the natural numbers, where do the terms

put you in Pi ?
Nice! Very cool.

And while you are thinking about that, think about this

Where does the convention of 86,400 seconds to a day come from, and how many hours are there in one week { the length of the so-called " creation account " }

In other words, How many hours are there in 7 days ?
The length of the day has changed, is constantly changing, and it's not exact.

The day was shorter in the past.

The seconds came from using a pendulum of a specific weight (1 g I think?) on a specific length string (1 m?) and the frequency was one second.

The hours came from the 12-base system, so does the 60. And I think the Hebrews did use that back then. Not sure if they divided the day in hours though. Did they?

And there are 168 hours in a week, but why not 165? Shouldn't it be 165 rather for it to match the earlier relationship?

Since math is the underlying principle of things mathematical, mathematical relationships will show up where we don't expect them. Just like I can extract relationships between my name and 2701 and 666 as well.

I was interested in numerology as well as a teenager, and I found many mysterious connections between many different things, but... somehow the pope that was sitting in Rome at that time didn't become antichrist for some reason. Not sure why. Also, George Bush didn't start armageddon. It's easy to find numerical patterns that repeats in different places, but it's just stuff that's fun. Nothing else.

Onoma

Let me also take a slight minute to offer a challenge to those of you trying to ridicule me, because I don't think you know science, math, or metrology in Mesopotamia, so let me give you the chance to at least show the rest of us that you are educated enough in the topics to be able to mock me

Please show us what is special about the shekel

30ncgt0.jpg

After you do that, please think about the fact that you missed that the " sar " { Garden } is 36 square meters, and that the sum of all numbers from 1 to 36 is 666

25z5sb4.jpg

You may want to bone up on your math skills a little

adam-and-eve-1531-cranach.jpg

because this dates all the way back to the " garden of the gods and Enlil, at Nippur in Sumeria which some of you may be confused about, and think is a planet named " nibiru "

34in39g.jpg

Good luck with the shekel, I don't think you'll be able to do it

Onoma

Yup, that's right, there are 168 hours in the so-called " creation account " of seven days, which comes out of Mesopotamia

But, this is " nominal time ", not astronomical time, mind you, there are not actually 24 hours in the day

It is idealized for easy math, just like Earth's surface is idealized to a perfect sphere for certain purposes when it's well known Earth is not a sphere

Now noting the convention of 360 degrees to a circle first appears in Babylonia:

There are 2Pi radian in one single day, as Pi radian = 180 degrees

main-qimg-db4c4af60daceeda79c77b5f2ef96374

The Earth rotates 360 degrees each day { nominal }

small-earth-whiteback.jpg

Thus in the " seven day creation account " there are

2vdier8.jpg

You may want to think about the fact that when we plug the gematria value for the name " Israel " into this system, we find that the value added to the 6th day, what the Jews consider Sabbath

Israel = 541

israel_in_hebrew_oval_bumper_stickers.jpg

We get the value of the first verse, which is...well, you've seen that before

2160 + 541 = 2701

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701

If you are a geometer, you may have notice that a cube has 2160 degrees as well, and I commend you for that, because this also connects to the " New Jerusalem "

How ?

Well, if you know the secret of proper conversion, the dimensions of the " New Jerusalem " actually encodes the knowledge of the aphelion / perihelion distance from the Sun to the Earth

Of course, you may ridicule me for this statement, but you may want to wait a little

Or I could just jump right into deeper waters, if you like

2w5px91.jpg

I'd rather not take such a giant leap, because I feel like it's best to start simple

You know what I'm saying ?

rosends

You may want to think about the fact that when we plug the gematria value for the name " Israel " into this system, we find that the value added to the 6th day, what the Jews consider Sabbath
The 6th day is the sabbath? You sure you don't want to rethink that?
You ignored the problem I presented with your use of gematria. At least try to get a basic fact of the calendar right.

Onoma

" I was interested in numerology as well as a teenager, and I found many mysterious connections between many different things "

Well, the problem is that you didn't understand the basis of what you were playing with, but that's not uncommon at all { not trying to be rude }

Did you have any training in math when you were " interested in numerology " ?

How about mathematical astronomy in Mesopotamia ?

What about Mesopotamian metrology that is itself based on that same mathematical astronomy ?

" Numerology ' as you call it dates back to at least Assyrian-Babylonian times { pre-dating Sumerian actually, but one thing at a time }, and this is seen in the fact that many temples and cities used conversions of astronomical measurements as the basis for their dimensions

Such that information like

perihelion.jpg

was encoded into the cities like Babylon

34fy7bk.jpg

All of this was based on some much older knowledge

This knowledge is the distribution of the natural numbers in Pi

It's not just the natural numbers, that's a little simplistic, but rather knowledge of mathematical objects embedded in the digits of Pi

The other prime thing " numerologists " overlook, is that it might not be their place to reveal such matters

Even Newton couldn't grasp that, let alone modern religious numerologists and mathematicians

But don't let me sway you, if you made your mind up, I commend you, most people can't even do that

Onoma

The 6th day is the sabbath? You sure you don't want to rethink that?
You ignored the problem I presented with your use of gematria. At least try to get a basic fact of the calendar right.

Oh, I'm afraid I understand the origins of the calendars far better than you

I'd just relax,there's no need to get worked up

rosends

Oh, I'm afraid I understand the origins of the calendars far better than you

I'd just relax,there's no need to get worked up
That's adorable. You simply assert that you know something and that is supposed to be a valid response. Sorry, but I understand things better than you. All sorts of things. See how easy that is? I have just deflated your entire line of reasoning with a basic assertion.

Now maybe, when you have studied a bit, you can explain
a) how you didn't mess up in your gematria (I explained ealier your problem)
b) how you can unilaterally decide that the sabbath is on the 6th day

feel free to present your answer in Hebrew.

Onoma

Well, just like I thought, you are trying to mock me and you don't even understand basic science or math in Mesopotamia

Gave a few days, even

The answer to the shekel question is that " area, volume and mass " are how we calculate

drumroll please.....brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbr

s5eg1.gif

You may have been under the impression this was discovered by Archimedes, but like most supposed discoveries in human history, it is falsely attributed

There's even a word for when that happens, but I'll let you exercise your Google-Fu

While I work on my next post, you should try and think about how ancient astronomers thought of these concepts and applied them to astronomy

Why ?

Because this is your introduction to the creation of calculus

;)

Onoma

OK, now who here wants to step up and explain the origins of the base 60 system of mathematics in Mesopotamia ?

If you think you know the Hebrew calendar, this should be easy, because Hillel II used Babylonian / Sumerian calendars, and if you fancy yourself some kind of expert in the topic this will be part of your knowledge { unless I am the only person who actually knows }

seasonal-calendar1.gif

I'll just give you the opportunity to show everybody how stupid I am, then I'll go on

Go ahead

rosends

OK, now who here wants to step up and explain the origins of the base 60 system of mathematics in Mesopotamia ?

If you think you know the Hebrew calendar, this should be easy, because Hillel II used Babylonian / Sumerian calendars, and if you fancy yourself some kind of expert in the topic this will be part of your knowledge { unless I am the only person who actually knows }

seasonal-calendar1.gif

I'll just give you the opportunity to show everybody how stupid I am, then I'll go on

Go ahead
At a first glance I had to stop myself from laughing. I like how your little picture lines up the solar and the lunar months as if that's a thing (and your omission of the 13th month is curious). Some of the other inclusions and exclusions and the annotations are equally ludicrous ("season of joy"? "exile/judgment"?) and the claim that Purim is always 30 days before Passover? Really? You have some learning to do. I'll just ask 1 question --- were you talking about Purim in Jerusalem, or in Tel Aviv? You know it makes a difference, right? [also, fyi, not "Heshvan"...at least "Cheshvan" though possibly Marachshevan]

Onoma

I also want to start to give you an insight to the development of ancient mathematics, and how exactly religion sprang out of astrology and astrolatry which in turn came out of pure mathematical astronomy

When I say " pure mathematical astronomy ", I am referring to the fact that during the time mathematics in these societies was flourishing, was when mathematical astronomy started to be developed as a field

Pure math, is essentially, just that

Math for the sake of doing math

Nowadays math is usually divided into separate areas, like

~ Pure math
~ Applied math
~ Recreational math
~ Theoretical math

In the " olden days " these topics were really just one combined field

Mathematicians compiled massive quantities of tables of objects like

~ roots
~ cubes
~ squares

...and so on and so forth

They basically just made what were for all practical purposes, exhaustive tables

And if you are a fan of mathematics, you would easily understand that when you start to compile tables like this, you start to discover " shortcuts " in mathematics, as well as gain a much better insight to how numbers behave in different systems

Now when astronomers started making tables of astronomical observations, called " ephemerides " , they saw that they could use these tables in conjunction with the tables of mathematical operations, and thus the field of mathematical astronomy was born

Here is a tablet that records new and full moons { Take note, Hebrew calendar " experts " }

mma_cuneiform_tablet_ephemeris_of_eclipses_from_at_least_se_177_to_199__321969

Now this is all fairly well understood in academia, { mathematical astronomy and it's origins }

But yet, if you dig deep......you'll find that in academia it is believed that this system of mathematics has an older origin than even Sumeria

Except nobody knows where it came from, and they don't know what it is

They just know that mathematical forensics implies this is true

Now, from my panel, it's obvious that within this system was included knowledge of a roughly 41,000 year cycle known as " Obliquity ", which is the variation in the tilt of earth { axial tilt } , along with the knowledge of Pi digits

This you can see from the Tav, which is based on the problem of Quadrature, which is for predicting eclipses, which in turn are " signs in the sky " in the Bible

This is why the value is 400 for the Tav, because these numbers 666 and 144,000 are for calculating eclipse mathematics

The Moon happens to be about 400 times smaller than the Sun, but the Sun happens to be about 400 times further from the Earth than the Moon is

This is the entire reason we see " eclipses "

2w5px91.jpg

So, .......where should we go from here ?

We want to know the origin of this ancient system of mathematics, where would look ?

Any guesses ?

Onoma

Oh well, you know, this is a simple matter of you either do or don't know the origins of the calendars

:)

Onoma

You just contradicted yourself. You know that, right? You usd the standard gematria, not the mispar gadol, but you wrote of the final forms which have no special values in the standard gematria. So IOW, you relied on the mispar gadol to prove why you didn't use the mispar gadol. Then you listed "2 types of valid gematria" and didn't include mispar gadol which is what you just used.

It is enough to make a PhD's head spin.

At a first glance I had to stop myself from laughing. I like how your little picture lines up the solar and the lunar months as if that's a thing (and your omission of the 13th month is curious). Some of the other inclusions and exclusions and the annotations are equally ludicrous ("season of joy"? "exile/judgment"?) and the claim that Purim is always 30 days before Passover? Really? You have some learning to do. I'll just ask 1 question --- were you talking about Purim in Jerusalem, or in Tel Aviv? You know it makes a difference, right? [also, fyi, not "Heshvan"...at least "Cheshvan" though possibly Marachshevan]

You see, your problem is that you are jumping right into intercalation, and that was not what I was discussing

I'll discuss these things in length when I talk about the common misconception that the luni-solar intercaltion uses the so-called " Metonic " cycle { It doesn't } as well as some other convoluted topics

You'll have to learn how to crawl before you walk

:D

rosends

You see, your problem is that you are jumping right into intercalation, and that was not what I was discussing

I'll discuss these things in length when I talk about the common misconception that the luni-solar intercaltion uses the so-called " Metonic " cycle { It doesn't } as well as some other convoluted topics

You'll have to learn how to crawl before you walk

:D
I'll add these to the items you refuse to resolve. So far it was your gematria problem, your Sabbath problem, and now, various mistakes related to the calendar. I can't wait to see where you dance to next. It is really simple -- either you understand the basics or you don't.

And you don't. You have to learn to see before you can read.

Onoma

Btw, I want to give you this GREAT LINK on the Hebrew calendar put up by Dr. Irv Bromberg, University of Toronto

When I first started studying the calendars and the topic of Mesopotamian metrology, this website was a great resource { Still is }

He doesn't get into what I discovered though, so it's really only just a primer into the discussion :D

Onoma

Well then, I really won't bother responding to you, you don't know what you are talking about, :) and your attitude is rather bad o_O

I'm just going to keep posting because this thread is about learning and about me explaining my statements in the opening post

And it's also about a few other things that are the consequence of this ancient system of mathematics

rosends

Well then, I really won't bother responding to you, you don't know what you are talking about, :) and your attitude is rather bad o_O

I'm just going to keep posting because this thread is about learning and about me explaining my statements in the opening post

And it's also about a few other things that are the consequence of this ancient system of mathematics
So noted. When confronted with errors, you run away. It must be difficult when the foundation of your beliefs is torn away. All that hard work, and the whole thing built on sand. Good luck!

And if anyone watching the thread has any questions on what I posted, please feel free to ask.