• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
The title of the thread is 'the existence of God is a SCIENTIFIC fact.' Metaphysics, philosophy, religious belief are not the domain of science.

The science of the love of God is just as valid a science as any other when you consider it has transformed and changed entire civilisations and transformed the lives of billions of people just as any other material science has. Only material science alone has not advanced civilisation without the love of God which I insist are sciences too that people study and practice daily and are equally valid.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The science of the love of God is just as valid a science as any other when you consider it has transformed and changed entire civilisations and transformed the lives of billions of people just as any other material science has. Only material science alone has not advanced civilisation without the love of God which I insist are sciences too that people study and practice daily and are equally valid.

Sorry, but if you can't come up with a testable hypothesis then by definition it is not science.

What reasonable test could show your beliefs to be wrong?

If you cannot think of a way to reasonably test your beliefs then they are not scientific.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
That is hardly a hypothesis. It is merely hand waving. But tell us, what reasonable test could show you to be wrong?

To begin with, These Beings are unique in human history. Why does the Bible or Quran or the Dhammapada attract millions to change their lives but not Tolstoy or Dickens?

Can this power and influence be duplicated in a lab environment? If we can duplicate a Jesus or a Buddha including a Holy Book with the exact same results then we could say that These Beings are just ordinary human beings Who’s power and influence we can easily replicate.

But if we cannot do so then it is only fair to consider that perhaps an outward force outside human capabilities was responsible for both the power and influence of Their Lives and Writings.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
To begin with, These Beings are unique in human history. Why does the Bible or Quran or the Dhammapada attract millions to change their lives but not Tolstoy or Dickens?

Can this power and influence be duplicated in a lab environment? If we can duplicate a Jesus or a Buddha including a Holy Book with the exact same results then we could say that These Beings are just ordinary human beings Who’s power and influence we can easily replicate.

But if we cannot do so then it is only fair to consider that perhaps an outward force outside human capabilities was responsible for both the power and influence of Their Lives and Writings.
Please, no nonsense and hand waving.

How would you test your beliefs? If you cannot think of a reasonable test then all you have is a religious belief. And those are a dime a dozen.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Sorry, but if you can't come up with a testable hypothesis then by definition it is not science.

What reasonable test could show your beliefs to be wrong?

If you cannot think of a way to reasonably test your beliefs then they are not scientific.

Of course is testable. If you can reproduce a Prophet with a Holy Book then you will be able to prove beyond any doubt that all religions are man made and God is an imaginary concept.

I thought you would jump at such an opportunity.. Do I detect cowardice?

Highly intelligent Beings qualify as scientific exoperiments you betcha!

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
Please, no nonsense and hand waving.

How would you test your beliefs? If you cannot think of a reasonable test then all you have is a religious belief. And those are a dime a dozen.

Looks like fear to me. Science should be able to disprove fallacies. I believe it could prove whether Tyese Beings were assisted by a higher intelligence or not. Why are you backing off. Your strongest argument seems to be self insistence and belittling everything I say which say nothing just that you are too afraid to take the topic on because you haven’t got a good enough argument.

loverofhumanity

Premium Member
But it is a statement that I can support. I see that you seem to be having trouble supporting yours.

I’ve offered the lives of these Beings to support my case.

I said to produce a Prophet and Holy Book of equal power and influence over minds and hearts as Buddha, Krishna, Muhammad, Christ etc and if you can do that then you prove that all religion is manmade and God is a figment of peoples imaginations.

Wandering Monk

Looks like fear to me. Science should be able to disprove fallacies. I believe it could prove whether Tyese Beings were assisted by a higher intelligence or not. Why are you backing off. Your strongest argument seems to be self insistence and belittling everything I say which say nothing just that you are too afraid to take the topic on because you haven’t got a good enough argument.

In your hypothesis is this higher intelligence material? If it is not, then it is outside the domain of science.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Of course is testable. If you can reproduce a Prophet with a Holy Book then you will be able to prove beyond any doubt that all religions are man made and God is an imaginary concept.

I thought you would jump at such an opportunity.. Do I detect cowardice?

Highly intelligent Beings qualify as scientific exoperiments you betcha!
That is not a proper test. And please, I am not the coward here.

Besides, what makes you think that I can't write a holy book? The problem is that you would simply deny it. That is why your test is unreasonable.

Your test cannot rely on the actions of others. So one more time, what reasonable test would show you to be wrong.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
when calling upon science.....cause and effect are required

but the big bang won't fit in a petri dish

all we can do is think about it

so.....science claims....nothing moves without Something to move it
science claims....no effect with out a Cause

I agree

God may have reserved His Presence
doesn't mean He doesn't exist

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
I’ve offered the lives of these Beings to support my case.

I said to produce a Prophet and Holy Book of equal power and influence over minds and hearts as Buddha, Krishna, Muhammad, Christ etc and if you can do that then you prove that all religion is manmade and God is a figment of peoples imaginations.
No, you have merely waved your hands. And your text fails. Try again. Your test cannot rely on the action or inaction of others.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

I agree

Actually testable hypotheses are needed. There is no law of cause and effect.

Wandering Monk

I agree

The notion of cause and effect may not apply at the quantum level:

Retrocausality - Wikipedia