• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The "Eve gene" - another creationist fail

tas8831

Be happy to... HOWEVER,

I am not trying to "prove you wrong" other than your "categorically refuse to live up to the challenge" is somewhat self-serving and is wrong in attitude and presentation and content. And not pertaining to the OP.

So open another thread.
I must have missed where you addressed the substance of the OP - what do you think about a creationist boasting of 40 years of 'debate' and to 'know the material, yet requires 50 pages of prodding before finally gracing the world with his grand 'proof' of human uniqueness by referring to a "gene" that is not even a gene, having ALL of his claims on the subject totally refuted, only to pretend ot have known it all along in part, and to continue to make the same claims anyway?

Is such a person honest? Reliable? Knowledgeable? Christian-like?

tas8831

In as much as I haven't read/found any definitive proof that such a gene exists, I don't subscribe to it.

So, you didn't actually read the OP, then?

"...and not until yesterday did I even see a creationist use the phrase "Eve gene."

Why? Because it is a ridiculous phrase that nobody with any actual relevant understanding would use.

Googling the phrase turns up, shockingly, about 47,000 returns (compare to "mitochondrial Eve" - 133,000).
Caveat - even when the phrase "Eve gene" is put in quotation marks, returns with just the two words anywhere in their search space show up, such as this return to a Discovery blog post titled:

"Y, mtDNA, Adam, & Eve - Gene Expression - Discover Magazine Blogs"

In fact, nearly all of the returns on the first 5 pages (didn't bother going beyond that) were to either actual scientific papers that merely mentioned 'Mitochondrial Eve', or to papers that were about the 'even skipped' or 'eve' gene in Drosophila (not on their mitochondrial genome).
So, I infer that actual mentions of this "Eve gene" are very very low, possibly even only to the first couple of hits on the first page.
In fact, the first return is to the 'Bradshaw Foundation", whatever that is, which indicates that "Eve gene" is just a "popular" reference to the mitochondrial DNA, not a specific gene."​

I should note that the creationist that used "Eve gene" as an argument actually linked to that Bradshaw Foundation page - the one that actually stated clearly that "Eve gene" is just a 'popular' term referring to the whole mtGenome. So he hadn't actually read his own linked source.

tas8831

Far more reasonable tests than what you have for yours.
Oh, not at all, for you see your tests pale in comparison to MY tests. But do not ask me about my tests, for I will not divulge them despite my being totally correct and confident. I will, however, consider this response to have been a major GOTCHA moment.

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
I must have missed where you addressed the substance of the OP - what do you think about a creationist boasting of 40 years of 'debate' and to 'know the material, yet requires 50 pages of prodding before finally gracing the world with his grand 'proof' of human uniqueness by referring to a "gene" that is not even a gene, having ALL of his claims on the subject totally refuted, only to pretend ot have known it all along in part, and to continue to make the same claims anyway?

Is such a person honest? Reliable? Knowledgeable? Christian-like?
Is said "the gene" should go to the same area as "Man has one less rib" - in the trash.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
seems a few people over looked the obvious

Eve is a clone
not born of woman
no navel

Adam was given his twin sister for a bride

now THAT'S genetics....!!!!!!

see Genesis

Audie

Veteran Member
seems a few people over looked the obvious

Eve is a clone
not born of woman
no navel

Adam was given his twin sister for a bride

now THAT'S genetics....!!!!!!

see Genesis

A clone of a man would be another man, ya
ninny!

tas8831

Is said "the gene" should go to the same area as "Man has one less rib" - in the trash.
OK - but what about the rest:

"... what do you think about a creationist boasting of 40 years of 'debate' and to 'know the material, yet requires 50 pages of prodding before finally gracing the world with his grand 'proof' of human uniqueness by referring to a "gene" that is not even a gene, having ALL of his claims on the subject totally refuted, only to pretend to have known it all along in part, and to continue to make the same claims anyway?

Is such a person honest? Reliable? Knowledgeable? Christian-like?"

gnostic

The Lost One
A clone of a man would be another man, ya
ninny!
Yeah, I have told him several times the same things in the past (except the “ninny” part), that if Eve was a clone then she would be another “Adam”, therefore not a “she”.

He doesn’t understand what cloning is, so he keep repeating his mistakes, over and over again.

Thief takes the “he is incapable of learning from his mistakes” to a whole new level. Clearly “ignorance is bliss” to thief...

...Or is it “ignorance is a b1tch”?

Oh, damn! I have forgotten :shrug: which the right saying. :oops:

Audie

Veteran Member
Yeah, I have told him several times the same things in the past (except the “ninny” part), that if Eve was a clone then she would be another “Adam”, therefore not a “she”.

He doesn’t understand what cloning is, so he keep repeating his mistakes, over and over again.

Thief takes the “he is incapable of learning from his mistakes” to a whole new level. Clearly “ignorance is bliss” to thief...

i generally dont read anything thief says, so I
did not know I was late in the point-that-out game.

Course, as the haggis eater says of himself
"no RFer is actually normal".

tas8831

How DARE you!

He took an IQ test when he was a small child and did super well!

And he also won a good science student award in kindergarten or something!

Thief

Rogue Theologian

can't remember?......well then

that makes you number one

Thief

Rogue Theologian
How DARE you!

He took an IQ test when he was a small child and did super well!

And he also won a good science student award in kindergarten or something!
there's a lengthy list of things accomplished

start a thread called toot your horn

let's see how well you play that whistle