• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Essence Of True Religion: A Christian Perspective.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
For me there is no such thing as a true religion, that is a truly sick idea, true religion is only found within each one of us, anything more is nothing more than the egocentric belief that you are right and the rest are wrong.

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
True religion is doing good, and that's exactly what the OP encourages, I can't see anything bad about that.

morphesium

The Essence Of True Religion; A Christian Perspective. This article explains the True Religion in a Christian perspective. Main theme being the love and generosity.

Have a look and discuss out.

http://jiddanand.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-essence-of-true-religion-christian.html

I am not a Christian but since I work for True Religion I have to go through the truthfulness of every kind of religion.
There is no truth in any religion. All of them are based on some made up stories - all made with the intention of acquiring power and wealth in the name of God and morale when the reality is just the opposite.
"The greatest tragedy in mankind's entire history may be the hijacking of morality by religion." — Arthur C. Clarke
"Religion is an insult to human dignity. With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion."Steven Weinberg
“…. Too often religion has been an aphrodisiac for horror, a Benzedrine for bestiality. At its best it has lifted spirits and raised spires. At its worst it has turned entire civilizations into cemeteries."—Phillip Adams

Last edited:

Jiddanand

"...love and generosity" - why do you need religion to display those traits?
The point is very simple indeed. Without love life is nothing. Even beasts do love. Thus the point is valid.

Generosity is also a great point. It's simple to understand. Give and take. If you don't give then immediately you loose the inherent right to take.

Therefore both are valid.

Jiddanand

There is no truth in any religion. All of them are based on some made up stories - all made with the intention of acquiring power and wealth in the name of God and morale when the reality is just the opposite.

Your viewpoint seems disturbed and focal point seems misadjusted.

The point is truthful people strive for truth. And power hungry persons strive for power. There is a point where they clash. Truth or power? God or splendor? Moral or money?
It's easy to distinguish between the two for people. Most will fall for money, power and splendor.

Truth can only be accessed through the true religion. Truthful persons have truth. How can you say that there is no truth in religions?

Jiddanand

For me there is no such thing as a true religion, that is a truly sick idea, true religion is only found within each one of us, anything more is nothing more than the egocentric belief that you are right and the rest are wrong.
There is a true religion and I am working on that. The idea is best for me if it's not for you. [emoji4]

True religion can be found in the scriptures as well as the self. But it's tough to find the self and teach you about the true religion. Whereas it is simpler to go through the scriptures and realize the truth behind them. [emoji3]

Jiddanand

"...love and generosity" - why do you need religion to display those traits?
If you love the people of god people love you back. Similarly if you are generous with the people then people will be generous with you. It's like give and take. A kind of reflection of the self.

If you are given a choice to choose between the two, hate and love, what is that you are going to choose. And between generosity and selfishness?

Altfish

Veteran Member
The point is very simple indeed. Without love life is nothing. Even beasts do love. Thus the point is valid.

Generosity is also a great point. It's simple to understand. Give and take. If you don't give then immediately you loose the inherent right to take.

Therefore both are valid.
Yes, but you don't need to be religious to display those traits.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Truthfully the true religion strives for the Truth. The ultimate Truth is God himself.
IYO. Depends on how one might define "God".

Here's mine: whatever caused this universe/multiverse I'll call "God" and pretty much just leave it at that. To put it another way, God is what Is.

Desert Snake

Veteran Member
The Essence Of True Religion; A Christian Perspective. This article explains the True Religion in a Christian perspective. Main theme being the love and generosity.

http://jiddanand.blogspot.com/2016/02/the-essence-of-true-religion-christian.html

I am not a Christian but since I work for True Religion I have to go through the truthfulness of every kind of religion.

Per usual, you seem to be relying on 'added' epistles, either largely, or fully, to make your argument. That's fine, just an observation.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
There is a true religion and I am working on that. The idea is best for me if it's not for you. [emoji4]

True religion can be found in the scriptures as well as the self. But it's tough to find the self and teach you about the true religion. Whereas it is simpler to go through the scriptures and realize the truth behind them. [emoji3]
Yes it is only truly found within, the scriptures can only point the way, but they are not the way, the truth that is within is our own truth, no need to make it into an organization and shove it down other peoples throat, this is where most religion have gone wrong.

Yoshua

True Religion can be found only through God. There is one I know who claimed He is the truth, that is Jesus Christ.

Thanks

Jiddanand

Yes it is only truly found within, the scriptures can only point the way, but they are not the way, the truth that is within is our own truth, no need to make it into an organization and shove it down other peoples throat, this is where most religion have gone wrong.
You are at your liberty to choose whatever feels good to you. After all the God never created organizations. However it's human tendency to get organized. Whether you like this or not but truth doesn't take a shift. "Human is a social animal" someone had said that, I just repeated the proverb.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
You are at your liberty to choose whatever feels good to you. After all the God never created organizations. However it's human tendency to get organized. Whether you like this or not but truth doesn't take a shift. "Human is a social animal" someone had said that, I just repeated the proverb.
Yes I can see people wanting to share their beliefs with like minded people, but to me that is far as it goes, once there are rules layed down that we must do this or that, then to me the whole thing becomes poisoned. I myself could never agree fully with everyone else, I have my own personal thoughts on things that the organization don't allow, and I could never allow myself to be dictated to by anyone no matter who.