• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Enemy in Lebanon

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Because the claim is in full accord with Hezbollah past practice, and because a lie would be trivially easy to expose -- all the Lebanese and/or UN authorities would need to do is invite the international media for a tour of the purported arms depot and the adjoining school.

Justanatheist

Non Hasbara context.

Palestinian Programme.

Currently, the number of Palestine refugees in Lebanon is approximately 192,000 (174,422 Palestine refugees in Lebanon and 17,706 Palestine refugees from Syria).Palestinian refugees in Lebanon (PRL) and Palestinian refugees from Syria (PRS) living in the country's numerous Palestinian neighbourhoods and 12 Palestinian camps face social exclusion, are regarded as foreigners, and are effectively excluded from enjoying most civil and socio-economic rights. Palestinians in Lebanon are barred from owning property and from working in more than thirty occupations including all liberal professions. According to the 2015 AUB/UNRWA survey:

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
If I thought that was an honest question I would gladly answer it.
Unless you're a representative of the Israeli Defense Forces, I strongly doubt that your answer would be particularly informative.
I'd say it's much more likely that we'll have to wait for a definitive, factual answer once the IDF rolls out its next invasion of Lebanon.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
I think that what ever we do - we should take this enormously complex chicken-and-egg question, and attempt to simplify it so that we can comfort ourselves with easy answers like "apartheid".
And as long as the situation is sufficiently "complex", we can nevertheless support armed strikes against civilians.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Of course! You don't want to deny Israel's right to survival, do you?
And as we have learned in the past months, it is intrinsically necessary for Israel's survival to be bombing densely populated territory and causing numerous civilian casualties because there might be terrorists somewhere in there.

As you can see, things are complicated, therefore we ought to support the IDF uncritically.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Of course! You don't want to deny Israel's right to survival, do you?
And as we have learned in the past months, it is intrinsically necessary for Israel's survival to be bombing densely populated territory and causing numerous civilian casualties because there might be terrorists somewhere in there.

As you can see, things are complicated, therefore we ought to support the IDF uncritically.

Those seem like odd conclusions.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
They to be based on things like false dilemmas and strawman arguments. But that's not a hornet's nest I'm interested in getting into with you.
Yea, I forgot how much your dislike taking part in discussions.
Sorry about poking you like that, I should have known better.

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
Yea, I forgot how much your dislike taking part in discussions.
Sorry about poking you like that, I should have known better.

Case in point, another strawman. You're nothing if not consistent :)