• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The empty tomb

Why are we using Wikipedia pages which can be changed by any Tom, Dick and Harry out there? This is religious forums and when you talk about religion, you bring truths...not references made by modern day internet geeks!

Agnostic75

Nabeel Akhalwaya Motala said:
Why are we using Wikipedia pages which can be changed by any Tom, Dick and Harry out there? This is religious forums and when you talk about religion, you bring truths, not references made by modern day internet geeks!

Why must you embarrass yourself? The link to the Wikipedia article that I quoted is Christian apologetics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The article provides an extremely large number of scholarly sources that deal with Christian apologetics.

Wikipedia is obviously not the Encyclopedia Britannica, but it is frequently useful to millions of people. At any rate, I am not going to get into debates about Wikipedia in this thread, and I will continue to quote it whenever I want to.

Please start a new thread and provide some evidence that reasonably proves that God inspired the Koran.

Last edited:
Firstly Wikipedia shouldn't ever be quoted in a religious site cause religion deals with facts and wikipedia can be altered by anyone.

Secondly, I don't have to prove nothing to you or anyone. I believe that Islam is the way and the light and it is only Allah (SWT) who guides people to the light as He sees fit.

Agnostic75

.......Wikipedia shouldn't ever be quoted in a religious site cause religion deals with facts and wikipedia can be altered by anyone.

Wrong on three counts. First, I quoted Wikipedia regarding a definition of Christian apologetics. The Wikpedia definition is definitely factual since it quotes lots of scholarly sources that are all involved with Christian apologetics. The question is, "What is Christian apologetics?" Wikipedia certainly adequately, and factually answers that question.

Second, no religion that makes supernatural claims deals with facts, only with alleged, unsupported facts. A God might exist, but not the God of any religious book. If a God exists, he certainly would not need to use books as a primary means of communicating with humans, especially since writing is a relatively new invention.

Third, Wikipedia cannot be altered by anyone. If you believe otherwise, please try to alter the article about Christian apologetics that I quoted, and let us know how successful you are.

allright

Peace you would hear from a Muslim's lips. For a Muslim will always greet another Muslim by saying "asalaamualaikum". Peace be upon you.

Quote from a Muslim cleric in Afghanistan several years ago

"Only Christians come her and help us. All Muslims do is kill each other"

Agnostic75

waitasec said:
Besides, wiki has foot notes where sources can be verified

Absolutely, the Wikipedia article that I quoted lists many sources that deal with Christian apologetics. It is common practice for Wikipedia articles to provide lots of documention other than merely the personal opinions of the writers of the articles.

waitasec

Veteran Member
Peace you would hear from a Muslim's lips. For a Muslim will always greet another Muslim by saying "asalaamualaikum". Peace be upon you.

Quote from a Muslim cleric in Afghanistan several years ago

"Only Christians come her and help us. All Muslims do is kill each other"

fred phelps doesn't represent your religion does he?

Agnostic75

Yes do unto others as you would like them to do unto you, then the Jews and Christians wonder why the Muslims are killing them when they are illegally occupying the land that was occupied by Muslims and are oppressing the Muslims therein. They should practice what they preach!

No Muslim who approves of injuring, imprisoning, or killing homosexuals by means of the death penalty is in any position to claim that the Israeli government is immoral. Do you approve of injuring, imprisoning, or killing homosexuals by means of the death penalty? Israelis generally treat homosexuals kindly, and the government allowed openly homosexual people to join the military for many years.

Many centuries ago, how did Arabs first gain control of Palestine, and other areas of the Middle East, possible with the sword? Haven't most countries been formed by force, or by the perceived use of force?

Last edited:

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Firstly Wikipedia shouldn't ever be quoted in a religious site cause religion deals with facts and wikipedia can be altered by anyone.
Wow.
Sad that there is nothing correct in that there sentence other than spelling...
You even failed on punctuation and capitalization.

Secondly, I don't have to prove nothing to you or anyone.
Yet here you are, on the internet, making blatant false statements as though they are truth...

I believe that Islam is the way and the light and it is only Allah (SWT) who guides people to the light as He sees fit.
and you are free to believe what ever helps you sleep at night.
Unfortunately for you, there are people who believe that your beliefs have no basis in reality.

Thief

Rogue Theologian

Secondly, I don't have to prove nothing to you or anyone. I believe that Islam is the way and the light and it is only Allah (SWT) who guides people to the light as He sees fit.

I'm curious....
Is this type of posting...proselytizing?
See forum rule #8

Not that I care.

There is every manner of discussion around here.

Nichole_R

Personal interpretation and stand: In the end, rationalizations won't save me. Nor deductive reasoning. I simply believe.

Agnostic75

Nichole R said:
Personal interpretation and stand: In the end, rationalizations won't save me. Nor deductive reasoning. I simply believe.

Statements of beliefs do not settle anything at debate forums.

If you believe that creationism is true, that a global flood occurred, and that the earth is young, it is your right to believe what you want to believe, but even many conservative Christians do not accept those speculative beliefs.