• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the early imams

a Muslim friend informed me that the early Shia imams discouraged the conquest of other nations early in Islamic history, but that they were, to an extent, ignored. is this true?
PS I apologise if any of you find this question offensive, but I am very curious about this point. Please respect each other's views in this question.

maro

muslimah
a Muslim friend informed me that the early Shia imams discouraged the conquest of other nations early in Islamic history, but that they were, to an extent, ignored. is this true?
PS I apologise if any of you find this question offensive, but I am very curious about this point. Please respect each other's views in this question.

This doesn't make sense ,simply because Islam was delivered to the shia themselves throught the islamic expansion or conquest( as you call it ) ,

And we don't find the question offensive ,at all ;)

If that were true i im saddened that they didnt listen to them.

The aim of the islamic expansion was to spread the word and to deliver Islam (the final messege from God )to all human beings ,without any compulsion

Many countries were blessed by Islam because of this Expansion (including mine ) , and that's why we owe them a big THANK YOU ! :)

Booko

Deviled Hen
*** MOD POST ***

This thread has been temporarily closed for review.

In the meantime, you can review the rules here, and most particularly the ones relating to "Discuss Individual Religions"

Thanks for your cooperation while we review this thread!

Booko

Deviled Hen
*** MOD POST ***

Friends, this thread is now reopened, but please keep in mind this is the "Discuss Individual Religions" -- Islam forum.

That means this is an area for fellowship. Non-Muslims are welcome to ask *respectful* questions.

If Muslims wish to debate amongst themselves, please start a new thread in Same Faith Debates.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation!

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Shia Muslims believes the following:
1. Islam itself has the attractions for people to embrace it.
2. All the prophet wars were in defence.
3. The early Caliphs don’t have the right rule rather than to take decisions about expansion.
4. West Europe embraced Christianity while Islam was still new because of the negative effects of the Caliphs acts against other nations.
5. The Second and the third Caliphs were killed by uprising in the newly opened countries because of the bad acts of these caliphs against them.
By truly applying Islam, inviting others by letters, and only fighting in defence and resistance, Islam would have been spread all over the Earth.

Reactions: kai

blm2007

Maybe this statement is true. But Islam expanded rapidly due to the Muslim conquerors. And these conquests were in the favor of Islam. That’s why shia imams were ignored.
---------------------------------
Hadith Collection
Quran

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
Thanks for your reply,
Please note that I didn’t tackle the idea of whether the conquests were right or wrong.
I was talking about the mistakes made by those rulers during the expansions.
Their injustice against the others.
The kinds of bad governments they established.
How they were not applying Islam.
All of these things can be found from the different history sources.

Imams were rejected before these events.
To assume that they have benefited Islam you need to carry a very difficult Analysis.
First keep in mind that the prophet has decided the strategy for Muslims before his death.
Second He ordered them to Join Osama Army which was to fight the Romans who started a war.
The Big figures escaped from that Army and stolen Power from the Imams.
Also keep in mind that Imams played the role in correcting the mistakes of Caliphs and like most of the prophets during the human history they played the biggest roles in the Muslims achievements.
You can refer to AlFotooh history sources…to read somethings like this
If Ali were not there Omer would have die!