• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The dilemma of infinity

Dogknox20

Really? What refereed article comes to that conclusion? How many other articles have supported it with further evidence?

Why do you think this? In classical General Relativity, time *starts* at the Big Bang: there is no 'before it'.

the term 'accident' suggests that there is an intelligence that planned something and yet something else happened. That is NOT what happens with an uncaused universe.

The universe has physical laws supported by the properties of the things in it. no 'intelligence' is required for this to exist. In fact, this type of thing must exist *before* there can be something as complex as an intelligence (one of the most complex types of things we know) to occur.
Everything has a start a beginning!
What does it even mean to 'live outside of time'? What does it mean to be alive if there is no time?

And why do you think my sight is hindered?
You asked.. And why do you think my sight is hindered?
Polymath257 These are your words from a previous post...
Since life is a process, not a thing, it requires time. hence, to 'live outside of time' is non-sense as far as I can see.
I reply...As far as you can see might NOT be very far!

In answer to your other statements .. God is spirit he is UN-Material! You live in a material unaverse denying your spiritual side! Man is both Spirit & Material!
Time affects the physical world/unaverse... NOT the spiritual! YOU SAY...

Polymath257 you say there is not a spiritual world/universe.. In reply "Do you believe in Ghosts"!? FACT.. Man has always believed in spirits; from caveman up to today! Example: the North American Indian believed in "The Great White Spirit"! God is spirit he lives OUTSIDE of Time! God came before The Big Bang! Jesus is God incarnate he is the Man/God! getting your sorry ssa into the living forever body of Jesus means you also will live for eternity!

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Everything has a start a beginning!

Even God?

You asked.. And why do you think my sight is hindered?
Polymath257 These are your words from a previous post...
Since life is a process, not a thing, it requires time. hence, to 'live outside of time' is non-sense as far as I can see.
I reply...As far as you can see might NOT be very far!

And what evidence do you have that I am wrong?
In answer to your other statements .. God is spirit he is UN-Material! You live in a material unaverse denying your spiritual side! Man is both Spirit & Material!

Can you prove this? Or is it just a claim you cannot support?

Time affects the physical world/unaverse... NOT the spiritual!
And you know thiis how? For that matter, what evidence do you have that a spiritual aspect of reality actually exists?

YOU SAY...
Polymath257 you say there is not a spiritual world/universe..
I say there is no evidence of such.

"Do you believe in Ghosts"!? FACT.. Man has always believed in spirits; from caveman up to today! Example: the North American Indian believed in "The Great White Spirit"!

And all people believed the Earth to be flat until fairly recently. That doesn't mean it is true.

The popularity of a belief isn't relevant to determine whether or not it is true. Many false beliefs are very common.

God is spirit he lives OUTSIDE of Time! God came before The Big Bang! Jesus is God incarnate he is the Man/God! getting your sorry ssa into the living forever body of Jesus means you also will live for eternity!

Do you have any support for any of these statements? or are they simply unsupported claims that you want me to believe with no evidence?

From the evidence I have seen, Jesus was, at most, a man who taught some fairly common ideas at the time, was put to death, and had a bunch of people think he didn't die. Yes, I have read the Bible. I just don't find the stories in it to be credible.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Just a quick question...
Multi-Universe's can't be ruled out. If they do exist, would the laws be the same in each universe?

[Andrei] Linde and his Stanford colleague Vitaly Vanchurin calculated the number of all possible universes, to be about 10^10^16 if we do not consider the fact that that humans as observers are limited in their ability to distinguish more universes. If this is taken into account, there could be as many as 10^10^10^7 universes.​
Andrei Linde - Wikipedia

So if there is a multiverse then its doubtful that all universes would have the same laws or even laws that we could recognise.

We Never Know

No Slack
[Andrei] Linde and his Stanford colleague Vitaly Vanchurin calculated the number of all possible universes, to be about 10^10^16 if we do not consider the fact that that humans as observers are limited in their ability to distinguish more universes. If this is taken into account, there could be as many as 10^10^10^7 universes.​
Andrei Linde - Wikipedia

So if there is a multiverse then its doubtful that all universes would have the same laws or even laws that we could recognise.

Thanks for that info.

Dogknox20

Even God?

Polymath257 And what evidence do you have that I am wrong? That you can't see very far.... Answer.. You are in the minority MOST peoples believe in an after life of some kind!!

Polymath257 Can you prove this? Or is it just a claim you cannot support? God is spirit he is UN-Material! You live in a material unaverse denying your spiritual side! Man is both Spirit & Material!
Answer... There are ghosts.. Throughout the history of the world people have seen spirits! Have you ever heard as a person dies "They give up their spirit"!? The scriptures tell you "God is spirit"!

Polymath257 And you know this how? For that matter, what evidence do you have that a spiritual aspect of reality actually exists? Time affects the physical world/unaverse... NOT the spiritual!
Answer is.. People get older and die.. Time effects them! Spirits do not get older.

Polymath257 I say there is no evidence of such. you say there is not a spiritual world/universe.. Answer.. See above! Man has always believed in spirits!

Polymath257 And all people believed the Earth to be flat until fairly recently. That doesn't mean it is true....... Answer: It's a fact the earth is round it is true!

Polymath257 The popularity of a belief isn't relevant to determine whether or not it is true. Many false beliefs are very common. Answer.. You have given up, you will die then rot! Your children have no hope they also will rot... Question: Why do you even care for your children?!
As long as you have breath you should be searching for truth.. The people that KNOW beyond all doubt the earth is in fact round did not give up! Doesn't mean it is true BUT.. It does NOT means it is not true!

Polymath257 Do you have any support for any of these statements? or are they simply unsupported claims that you want me to believe with no evidence?
Answer "God is the creator" You live in his creation!
From the evidence I have seen, Jesus was, at most, a man who taught some fairly common ideas at the time, was put to death, and had a bunch of people think he didn't die. Yes, I have read the Bible. I just don't find the stories in it to be credible.
I reply... People have gone to their deaths believing in an after life! These many martyrs gave their lives in their belief of an after life! The faith did not die out in increased the world over! These early Christians have seen the risen Christ!

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Even God?

I notice you didn't answer this. Hmmm

Polymath257 And what evidence do you have that I am wrong? That you can't see very far.... Answer.. You are in the minority MOST peoples believe in an after life of some kind!!

And not too long ago the majority of people believed in a flat earth. They were all wrong.

Being in a majority does not make a belief correct. Nor does it supply evidence for that belief. It only shows that people (even a majority of people) can believe things that are wrong.

Polymath257 Can you prove this? Or is it just a claim you cannot support? God is spirit he is UN-Material! You live in a material unaverse denying your spiritual side! Man is both Spirit & Material!
Answer... There are ghosts.. Throughout the history of the world people have seen spirits! Have you ever heard as a person dies "They give up their spirit"!? The scriptures tell you "God is spirit"!

Again, when these claims have been investigated, they have ALL been shown to be fake or delusions.

Do you have any actual evidence aside from the mistaken beliefs of people?

Polymath257 And you know this how? For that matter, what evidence do you have that a spiritual aspect of reality actually exists? Time affects the physical world/unaverse... NOT the spiritual!
Answer is.. People get older and die.. Time effects them! Spirits do not get older.

That is a claim, not a proof. It isn't even a reason to believe. it is simply a claim with no support.

Polymath257 I say there is no evidence of such. you say there is not a spiritual world/universe.. Answer.. See above! Man has always believed in spirits!

So?

Polymath257 And all people believed the Earth to be flat until fairly recently. That doesn't mean it is true....... Answer: It's a fact the earth is round it is true!

Yes, it is. And those who believed otherwise were all wrong. Even if they believed otherwise for religious reasons.

Polymath257 The popularity of a belief isn't relevant to determine whether or not it is true. Many false beliefs are very common. Answer.. You have given up, you will die then rot! Your children have no hope they also will rot... Question: Why do you even care for your children?!
Yes, I care very much about children. I want them to grow up without the mind distorting superstitions that many religions promote.

As long as you have breath you should be searching for truth..
And I do. But I have found that religions don't give truth. Instead, I have found that they give falsehoods dressed up with fear and superstition.

The people that KNOW beyond all doubt the earth is in fact round did not give up! Doesn't mean it is true BUT.. It does NOT means it is not true!

And those that *knew* beyond a shadow of a doubt (or so they said) were simply wrong. People can believe with no doubts and still be wrong.

[QUPolymath257 Do you have any support for any of these statements? or are they simply unsupported claims that you want me to believe with no evidence?
Answer "God is the creator" You live in his creation![/QUOTE]

So, you make more unsubstantiated claims instead of giving evidence? What reason do you have for thinking these claims are correct?

I reply... People have gone to their deaths believing in an after life! These many martyrs gave their lives in their belief of an after life! The faith did not die out in increased the world over! These early Christians have seen the risen Christ!

More claims. What *evidence* do you have for any of these claims?

From what you have stated here in the thread, it looks like *none*.

Let's start.

I have investigated these issues for decades. Yes, I have investigated with the intent to seek the truth.

I have found that religions promote falsehoods, superstitions, bigotry, and other immoralities. In return, they make promises about an afterlife they cannot know anything about. In other ways, they promote their own superstitions and work against honest investigation that shows them to be wrong or simply spouting nonsense.

Yes, superstitions are very popular amongst those who are superstitious and this includes a majority of people throughout history.

So, starting from a position of skepticism, what *evidence* do you have for your claims?